Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #1,546 of 12,086
  I did, and "We will try to retrive it next week/Contact the sender" ****, sure, whoever signed those packages that weren't meant for him/her will obviously sit and wait to give them back to UPS, what is there to worry about huh? 

It is so frightfully easy for such botched deliveries to happen it is not even funny.  Just early this week FEDEX attempted to deliver a subwoofer at my apartment one day earlier than scheduled in their own tracking system, and since they were ahead of time, I was not home to take the delivery, and given that the package required a signature, the delivery guy simply left the signature form on my front door asking me to sign it if I wanted the package to be left at my door at the next delivery attempt.

Since leaving a signed signature sheet posted on my front door is something I would never consider doing in a million years, I simply decided to wait at home for the next delivery attempt.  When Fedex dude arrived the following day, he a shoved small light box which was the size of your average box of chocolate candies, in my hands and asked me to sign for it, which I did, and after that he headed back to his truck. I thought he was now going to get my subwoofer, but instead, he jumped into the driver's seat and started to drive away, at which point I took a quick glance at the package in my hands and found out that it was not even addressed to me.  So I signaled the delivery guy to stop, in order to inform him that the package he has given me was not even mine.  It was only then that he jumped out of his little fedex truck cockpit, went to inspect the other boxes in the back of the truck, and fished out my sub...  So imagine what would have been delivered, if I had left the signed signature form at the front door as he had requested: he would have most likely left me that box of chocolate candies addressed to someone else, instead of my SVS sub...  

I really hate to imagine what I would have had to  spend the remainder of the week doing in order to get my sub back, if that had happened...  I really wish the UPS would get this matter sorted in your favor as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #1,547 of 12,086
  It is so frightfully easy for such botched deliveries to happen it is not even funny.  Just early this week FEDEX attempted to deliver a subwoofer at my apartment one day earlier than schedule in their own tracking system, and since they were ahead of time, I was not home to take the delivery, and since the package required a signature, the delivery guy simply left the signature form on my front door asking me to sign it if I wanted to package to be left at my door at the next delivery attempt.

Since leaving a signed signature sheet posted on my front door is something I would never consider doing in a million years, I simply decided to wait at home for the next delivery attempt.  When Fedex dude arrived the following day, he shoved small light box which was the size of your average box of chocolate candies, in my hands and asked me to sign for it, which I did, and after that he headed back for his truck. I thought he was now going to get my subwoofer, but instead, he jumped into the driver's seat and started to drive away, at which point I took a quick glance at the package in my hands and found out that it was not even addressed to me.  So I signaled the delivery guy to stop, in order to inform him that the package he has given me was not even mine.  It was only then that he jumped out of his little fedex truck cockpit, went to inspect the other boxes in the back of the truck, and fished out my sub...  So imagine what would have been delivered, if I had left the signed signature form at the front door as he had requested: he would have most likely left me that box of chocolate candies addressed to someone else, instead of my SVS sub...  

I really hate to imagine what I would have had to  spend the remainder of the week doing in order to get my sub back, if that had happened...  I really wish the UPS would get this matter sorted in your favor as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

I don't even want to mention that the first amp the seller sent out got missing after dropped off at a UPS store, this is already the second one, and then it went away together with my headphones. I don't understand why they couldn't just make a call to the driver right away, wait till Monday what is the chance he still remember where he delivered them to out of all those packages he delivered days ago? I just hope that the sender won't have to send out another amp, and due to the thx00 was sold out this time I don't even know how long I will have to wait to get another one from Massdrop if this goes to a lost claim. 

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,548 of 12,086
  It is so frightfully easy for such botched deliveries to happen it is not even funny.  Just early this week FEDEX attempted to deliver a subwoofer at my apartment one day earlier than schedule in their own tracking system, and since they were ahead of time, I was not home to take the delivery, and since the package required a signature, the delivery guy simply left the signature form on my front door asking me to sign it if I wanted to package to be left at my door at the next delivery attempt.

Since leaving a signed signature sheet posted on my front door is something I would never consider doing in a million years, I simply decided to wait at home for the next delivery attempt.  When Fedex dude arrived the following day, he shoved small light box which was the size of your average box of chocolate candies, in my hands and asked me to sign for it, which I did, and after that he headed back for his truck. I thought he was now going to get my subwoofer, but instead, he jumped into the driver's seat and started to drive away, at which point I took a quick glance at the package in my hands and found out that it was not even addressed to me.  So I signaled the delivery guy to stop, in order to inform him that the package he has given me was not even mine.  It was only then that he jumped out of his little fedex truck cockpit, went to inspect the other boxes in the back of the truck, and fished out my sub...  So imagine what would have been delivered, if I had left the signed signature form at the front door as he had requested: he would have most likely left me that box of chocolate candies addressed to someone else, instead of my SVS sub...  

At least hes delivering, in my place UPS and Canada Post mailmen are like Ninjas, I would sit beside the door all day long, and then find out that I get a yellow "pick-up" ticket on my door with an address that is super far away.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,550 of 12,086
Well...any possible mods yet

It's the same exact design as the DX000 series and the TH series. Any mods that worked on those will work in these.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #1,551 of 12,086
I was only concerned about those getting anxious here.
Massdrop indicated we should expect an update on the drop Dec 7 in their last communication. They hoped to get them all out the door Friday. You, sir, have unrealistic (borderline unfair) expectations based on what their communication has been thus far. Don't email them and bug them, read the email they already sent you!

BTW, did u get yours yet?
If so please post some impressions.

Funny I didn't get my package today although I live in NJ.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #1,554 of 12,086
Bronx, NY, United States 12/05/2015 6:30 P.M. Delivery will be delayed by one business day. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
12/05/2015 9:48 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
12/05/2015 5:36 A.M. Destination Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 12/05/2015 12:23 A.M. Departure Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 12/04/2015 6:56 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/04/2015 6:03 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Booooo!!!! What a tease. Monday it is then.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,556 of 12,086
  Massdrop sent me a tracking number on Friday, but I don't think it has actually left their warehouse yet. Looks like UPS will require a signature upon delivery.

You can authorize a shipment release and bypass the signature requirement.  You just need to sign up for a (free) My UPS Choice account.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,557 of 12,086
Anybody know about MassDrop's shipping change policies? I am considering changing my shipping address since it won't be shipped until Monday (if that's what my lack of shipping email infers). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back