Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Oct 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #10,667 of 12,089
No sorry, don't have those pads. If you look at My Galleries there are also some TH-X00 purpleheart measurements with ZMF Ori pads and JMoney pads (discontinued).

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #10,669 of 12,089
It's a shame he doesn't offer a Lawton Dampening "Lite" version, with just the back of the drivers done. That or having one with much thinner material applied to the inner cup to control just enough reflections without absorbing too much of the bass. I could survive with a touch less mid-bass on my EMU Teak but I just don't want to lose any of their superior sub bass extension.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #10,670 of 12,089
It's a shame he doesn't offer a Lawton Dampening "Lite" version, with just the back of the drivers done. That or having one with much thinner material applied to the inner cup to control just enough reflections without absorbing too much of the bass. I could survive with a touch less mid-bass on my EMU Teak but I just don't want to lose any of their superior sub bass extension.
You could get the entire kit and only use what you want to fine tune the sound to your liking from what a friend has told me, which is how many apply these mods, its basically trial and error using your ears which is all that matters since we all hear differently.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #10,671 of 12,089
EQ

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #10,673 of 12,089
One of the best ear pads its just many buyers wants to alter the sound after over reading the threads.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #10,674 of 12,089
Wow my Purple Hearts arrived today and they look stunning, will listen to something through them in a bit

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #10,675 of 12,089
My PH arrived today as well... I bought the BLINQ eBay NEW one, (not even open box) which can be found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fostex-Purple-Heart-Headphones-Black-Purple-TH-X00-PH/401414407140?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bruh. I'm like genuinely baffled. My headphones came completely broken. I excitedly put them on right away and noticed the left cup wasn't giving a good seal at all. The bottom part of the cup was lifting off my ear exposing it to air. Thought this was odd so I took it off and saw THIS:

2QbvuB1.jpg

(https://imgur.com/a/7WEUL)

Theres a screw that's supposed to hold the cup in place that was missing completely and replaced with ZIP TIES. WITH ZIP TIES?! You can also see some scratches on the wooden cups in that pic on the right side (the white lines). Everything was covered in dust and pads themselves were stained with something that didnt rub off lol.
How in the world do you sell headphones held in place by zip ties as new? Crazy, lol.

Also weird because the seller was pretty well reviewed.

@gazzington which did you buy and I'm assuming yours came fine?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #10,678 of 12,089
My PH arrived today as well... I bought the BLINQ eBay NEW one, (not even open box) which can be found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fostex-Purple-Heart-Headphones-Black-Purple-TH-X00-PH/401414407140?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bruh. I'm like genuinely baffled. My headphones came completely broken. I excitedly put them on right away and noticed the left cup wasn't giving a good seal at all. The bottom part of the cup was lifting off my ear exposing it to air. Thought this was odd so I took it off and saw THIS:

2QbvuB1.jpg

(https://imgur.com/a/7WEUL)

Theres a screw that's supposed to hold the cup in place that was missing completely and replaced with ZIP TIES. WITH ZIP TIES?! You can also see some scratches on the wooden cups in that pic on the right side (the white lines).
How in the world do you sell headphones held in place by zip ties as new? Crazy, lol.

Also weird because the seller was pretty well reviewed.

@gazzington which did you buy and I'm assuming yours came fine?

Wow! That sucks big time! Hopefully eBay can help with a return because those aren't as described.

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #10,679 of 12,089
Yeah mine were in great condition. Definitely return yours. That's awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back