Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Feb 26, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #9,841 of 12,087
  Hi All,

Just want to give some update. Changed the pads on Purpleheart to HM5 Angled sheep skin.

Soundstage widen, lost a bit of bass. Lost the TH-X00 Signature of tight and compact sound.

Switch back to original pads after 1 hours of listening. Feel much better with original.

VL

Sounds like it's because of the plastic disc in the original earpads more than anything else.
It's the same story with the Dekoni pads, so I cut out the same shape from the cardboard from a cereal box and everything is back to normal.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #9,842 of 12,087

Sounds like it's because of the plastic disc in the original earpads more than anything else.
It's the same story with the Dekoni pads, so I cut out the same shape from the cardboard from a cereal box and everything is back to normal.

AviP, Thanks for the advice. Will go try it out.

VL.

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #9,845 of 12,087
Nice! What material is that? ABS? PLA?
The big question is, how flexible are they? Mounting pads on these rings can require some serious bending...

I print in PLA, just because I can't be bothered with ABS :)

The PLA is flexible enough. I fit a MSR7 pad on the printed one just now and it didn't seem to have any problem.At the very least, now that it's modeled, breaking is no big deal :)

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #9,850 of 12,087
If anyone has swapped to E-MU cups, can you let me know if you guys used the shorter screws included with the E-MU cups or the longer round ones that are stock with the Fostex cups? Thanks!

I just used the ones that were already in the X00.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #9,853 of 12,087

Welps... hope I didn't strip the holes then...

Nah, I'm sure your fine. I actually wished I used the new ones. My stock screws are somewhat stripped and need some extra effort to get off.

Btw, what EMU cups did you choose?
popcorn.gif

I have the rosewoods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back