Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 31, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #12,301 of 18,761
Guys, i fixed my o2. Although i do like the increase in soundstage size/accuracy, it increases the highs to be a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if i prefer it straight from the iphone or the amp. Can't wait till i can save up for the hp-a8 though :p

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #12,302 of 18,761
Guys, i fixed my o2. Although i do like the increase in soundstage size/accuracy, it increases the highs to be a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if i prefer it straight from the iphone or the amp. Can't wait till i can save up for the hp-a8 though :p

The JDS labs element is my quasi portable I sometimes use with the th-900 and it seems to do pretty well. It uses the o2 dac. I don't remember if o2 has a line out but perhaps you could change the sig up a little bit with a cheapish amplifier to tide you over.

I might suggest the little dot I+ if you want some warmth in there. I've had some good times with ld amps.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #12,303 of 18,761
Well, call it B-S....but however, after about 3 weeks...roughly 200 hours or so (occasionally using it and burning it over night), and TH900 really changed ? Sub-bass is with more blooms, and the trebles extensions are better revealing but smoothed down ? Dang it ... Lol magical happened at 200 hours mark ....

Unbelievable ! The first headphones ever that I needed couple hundred hours to hear changes...and I am the type of people that listen during break-in...wow! Definitely work.

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #12,307 of 18,761
Jan 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #12,308 of 18,761
I think this says it best !!

biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #12,313 of 18,761
Found out the cord i was using for line out with my o2 was bad. Switching to another cord helped bring up details as well as increase soundstage size and accuracy, without bringing up the highs nearly as much. Now i prefer the o2 to the iphone for sure.

Also, noticed that the bass has been a bit strange for me. One song its impact is insane and there is alot of presence and the next it seems almost anemic. Not sure if it is me, the music, burn in, or the sound sig but it is a bit wierd. Regardless of quantity though, the sub bass is amazing. Maybe i'm over speculating out of love :D

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #12,314 of 18,761
Found out the cord i was using for line out with my o2 was bad. Switching to another cord helped bring up details as well as increase soundstage size and accuracy, without bringing up the highs nearly as much. Now i prefer the o2 to the iphone for sure.

Also, noticed that the bass has been a bit strange for me. One song its impact is insane and there is alot of presence and the next it seems almost anemic. Not sure if it is me, the music, burn in, or the sound sig but it is a bit wierd. Regardless of quantity though, the sub bass is amazing. Maybe i'm over speculating out of love
biggrin.gif

Sounds like recording / production values differ between tunes, could explain bass differentials.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #12,315 of 18,761
bass quantity and impact varies with different recordings as it should. it's nothing to be concerned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back