Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #12,316 of 18,761
bass quantity and impact varies with different recordings as it should. it's nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, that's why so great about TH900. It has amazing bass but you hear it only when/how the artist intended it to be heard loud. That said, TH900 can be EQ'ed to sound always bassy.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #12,321 of 18,761
well there you have it. better bin that very poorly tuned asus sonar stx then.

beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

your cracking me up lately.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #12,327 of 18,761
well there you have it. better bin that very poorly tuned asus sonar stx then.

If you consider the Burr-Brown PCM 1792 A inside the ASUS a bin-worthy DAC then you can bin yours, be my guest :)

That being said, the V800 DAC is in my shopping basket already. (featuring that very same DAC chip, but also a very nice de-jittering unit and much more).

And thanks for the compliment..

I did not know about the impedance mismatch though, planning to try the Line-Out this week if it brings an improvement over Cinch out.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #12,329 of 18,761
What happened here, @enthusiast's post get moved to the amp thread? Anyway, enthusiast, congratulations on that combo, I'm using the exact same and am also heavily considering a Violectric DAC to upgrade from Hugo, although I might end up with the V850. Have you looked into that one as well? There is also the V820 to consider as a budget-friendlier update w/o the plethora of options but hopefully the same sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back