Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #13,651 of 18,765
They Are All very good cans
I m very happy With both th900 and lcd3f
The latter need amp and Hugo is not enough while the th900 is pretty satisfying
I feel also the th900with some tube good would provide more-I want to try them with the pathos Aurium of a friend! This one with the lcd3 was too much mid, a triumph of mid frequencies! I didn't like the combo very much
But I can happily listen to the red one even from just the Hugo
I think he1000 is overall superior to both and I prefer their mid frequencies to the lcd3 one also
But this, abyss, lcd4... C mon they are too expansive
I could probably arrive in the future to a pair of he1000 second hand or new technologies but also cheaper than the way we are going right now

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #13,652 of 18,765
@kurochin - yeah, I've read that in the abyss thread but i didn't have a problem achieving the recommended light seal. the abyss had fast, hard hitting bass as i recall. it's a different kind of bass presentation to the th900. however, fr measurements indicate that the abyss doesn't have the bass amplitude or extension of the th900.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #13,653 of 18,765
I think th900 mk2 very best with a cable change. a friend of mine put a solid core cable 4 core 23 awg occ and found significant benefits. Now I too have purchased a cable from the US and look to receive it and then plug it in XLR .. I think is the best solution to further improve the headset.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #13,655 of 18,765
atsmile.gif

Citazione:
Messaggio inviato da Montanari  8core audio Norne ancora meglio in quel modo , ma poi di ascoltare le differenze cavo e uscire con la musica ../img/forum/go_quote.gif

L3000.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #13,656 of 18,765
??
ma poi smetti di ascoltare la musica!

anzi.. a stare ad ascoltare le differenze dei cavi non ascolti piu musica

there are some differences but for me are more subtle than day and night guru

i know your friend!!!

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #13,657 of 18,765
I think th900 mk2 very best with a cable change. a friend of mine put a solid core cable 4 core 23 awg occ and found significant benefits. Now I too have purchased a cable from the US and look to receive it and then plug it in XLR .. I think is the best solution to further improve the headset.

Agreed, I modified my 900 with solid core occ and it really does wonderful

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #13,659 of 18,765
Block rockin beats, hey boy hey girl, go!

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #13,661 of 18,765
I like the th900 very much, but I don't think is close to perfection, for the mid and detail
It s easy to make sound very well, very comfortable ..but I think lcd3 is superior, especially with Peter Gabriel! Less with electronic
But to each is own for sure
The strange thing is that you like the lcd2 and hd650, cans that I also had and liked but you consider too warm the lcd3
For me lcd2 and hd650 are warmer and darker than lcd3
But again
To each is own for sure

i assure you the TH900 sound way different from Hugo / Hugo TT vs WA5-LE

i just finished burning in the TA-300B tubes and the SW22 cable.  i am having a small session now, the real test will be next week.

the Bass is not as punchy as SS amps, but its still dynamic, fast and controlled. the bass also never bleeds what so ever into the mids. so as an LCD2 fan i think you will love it.

the mids is way more open, sweet, lush and way different than TH900 on SS amp. you will enjoy it big time. the Treble is extended and never on the harsh side, i am even using SW22 cable here and still the WA5-LE maintain the musicality and dynamics in the same time.

i am more of a SS amp lover, but i decided to pick the WA5-LE to see if its worth the challenge. over all the sound is dynamic and fast, compared to the Hugo TT there is slightly less Treble Sparkle and Bass punch but the over all sound sig suit the TH900 and make it nearly perfect.

i am sure that anyone who try this combo will love the TH900 a lot. 

i will update these impressions after many sessions ^^

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #13,662 of 18,765
I have been in and out of this thread for many months, attempting to alleviate the dilemma of deciding to add the TH900 to my headphone collection, as a way to complement my HD800.

A few weeks ago I bought the JVC SZ2000; I amped and eq'ed the heck out of it. The bass was monstrous and unexpected. However, the only enjoyable part was the tremble-inducing bass. Everything else about the headphone's sound was poor, thus, the overall experience was unenjoyable, unless I was completely focused on the bass.

So today I bought the TH900, which will arrive tomorrow. I will eventually post my impressions, and see how these headphones stand, especially to people who are in the same dilemma I was in.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #13,663 of 18,765
  I have been in and out of this thread for many months, attempting to alleviate the dilemma of deciding to add the TH900 to my headphone collection, as a way to complement my HD800.

A few weeks ago I bought the JVC SZ2000; I amped and eq'ed the heck out of it. The bass was monstrous and unexpected. However, the only enjoyable part was the tremble-inducing bass. Everything else about the headphone's sound was poor, thus, the overall experience was unenjoyable, unless I was completely focused on the bass.

So today I bought the TH900, which will arrive tomorrow. I will eventually post my impressions, and see how these headphones stand, especially to people who are in the same dilemma I was in.

I think you will enjoy them. That's one thing the TH900 is great for... thumping bass but almost HD800 like clarity and separation. Nice wide soundstage as well. When I first got mine I was constantly taking them off my head all of sudden because I could of sworn I heard something in my room when it was just a part of the track 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #13,664 of 18,765

You're in for a treat.

Every now and then there's a new headphone coming out that gets hyped up to no end, and I start thinking about buying it. At some point I just put my TH900s on, listen to some music and forget about shelling thousands of euros more to this hobby. TH900 brings a smile to my face every time I listen to it, even after two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back