Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 26, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #9,691 of 18,763
PureMusic allows you to select tracks via iTunes, but apply EQ with PureMusic. They've got a free trial.

http://www.channld.com/puremusic/

Thanks for the tip.
I used to have PureMusic but found it rather buggy and awkward to use. Didn't think it had EQ at the time.

I came across Amarra SQ which seems to be an equalizing plugin or app. A newer version, SQ+ will be coming soon.
Does anyone have experience with Amarra SQ and can it run on top of BitPerfect?

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #9,692 of 18,763

Thanks for the tip.
I used to have PureMusic but found it rather buggy and awkward to use. Didn't think it had EQ at the time.

I came across Amarra SQ which seems to be an equalizing plugin or app. A newer version, SQ+ will be coming soon.
Does anyone have experience with Amarra SQ and can it run on top of BitPerfect?

JRiver Media Center has EQ and is available on both Windows and MAC.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #9,694 of 18,763

It doesn't work with iTunes and is a typical port of a Windows program ... hell to use. Tried it a month ago or so and deleted it after 5 minutes.

To each his own and whatever works for you is best for you but I don't find it, JRiver, difficult to use and neither does a friend who was a sound engineer in another life.  I don't like iTunes and I use both Windows and a MAC. 

BTW, love your signature!
beerchug.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #9,695 of 18,763
I have a Windows laptop as well that I need for testing purposes if clients still need to integrate Windows PC's in their Mac environment. But for myself I abandoned Windows 13 years ago and went with a full Mac household.
Needless to say I strongly prefer OSX and even OSX server for small network setups. I do enjoy testing each new Windows release though and have just about every Windows generation running on my Mac as well as DOS and OS Classic 9.2. And a few old DOS games which are to me the best games ever made and give me that nice nostalgic feeling.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #9,699 of 18,763
  I have a Windows laptop as well that I need for testing purposes if clients still need to integrate Windows PC's in their Mac environment. But for myself I abandoned Windows 13 years ago and went with a full Mac household.
Needless to say I strongly prefer OSX and even OSX server for small network setups. I do enjoy testing each new Windows release though and have just about every Windows generation running on my Mac as well as DOS and OS Classic 9.2. And a few old DOS games which are to me the best games ever made and give me that nice nostalgic feeling.  
bigsmile_face.gif

MAC's gui and ease of use is definitely better than Windoze, always has been.  I go back to MAC 7.2.  Used to work for the WWrestlingF and the graphics department used MAC's eclusively.  Had fun incorporating MACs and Windows PC's into a Novell networked environment. Yeah, I'm an old fart!
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #9,704 of 18,763
Having spent much more time with the TH600 and TH900, you definitely start to notice just how amazing the TH900 is. The TH600 is a wonderful headphone, yet next to the TH900, it sounds like a low fi version. That clealiness in the mids is gone, and bass creeps up a bit further into the mids. The TH900 has a wonderful sense of separation between the bass and midrange. It's unlike anything I've ever heard. They sound detached from one another, yet work parallel to one another. The TH900 has an extra euphonic tonality which the TH600 lacks.

Both have wonderful treble to my ears. Bright, yet not overbearing, and just a little above midrange level.

Soundstage is TH900 all day, everyday. TH600 has a great soundstage, yet sounds like a standard headphone nextnto the TH900 which spreads out even further.

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #9,705 of 18,763

Mac v Windows is mostly preference. If you've been using mac for 20 years, of course your going to think mac has a better gui.  Im a long time windows user and I prefer Windows, surprise. 

Actually, not an Apple fan boy.  Hate the proprietary nature of their model.  Every time you turn around it's some other thing you HAVE to buy to make it all work.  Yes, their GUI is better but the gap is narrowing very quickly.  I was around when there were no PC's or minicomputers and no mobile phones either.  Ever heard of a slide rule?  I wrote papers in college with a typewriter.  Had to play outside, got dirty and yes, I did walk to school, just not uphill both ways!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back