Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Dec 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,726 of 3,438
To be honest, the treble doesn't bother me anymore, they really settled down after a week, I am just hoping that Fostex purposely handicapped TH600 by omitting this stuffing, technically it should kill bouncing off the enclosure reflections and clear them up a bit, but we'll see, fiberloft is in a mail.

The treble has very impressive resolution and detail as I am now noticing all the staticy treble distortions on some music files that were much less noticeable before...
Compared to my other cans the same distortions were more hidden and I previously thought were just the cans treble, but can now more easily tell its the recordings.

Regardless the music still sounds better because of overall musical presentation is just a constant lively wow factor...

Edit I also noticing the "brain burn" effect as now my audio technica esw11 sounds like too much midrange... Noooo lol

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,728 of 3,438
  What are your feelings about plugging directly the TH600 into the iBasso DX100 ? Is it interesting or ridiculous ?

I sometimes plug mine into the DX50s and even my Galaxy S4 and its not half bad. They're quite easy to drive 

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #1,729 of 3,438
What are your feelings about plugging directly the TH600 into the iBasso DX100 ? Is it interesting or ridiculous ?

They are very easy to drive.
Sometimes I just plug them direct to Sansa Clip+, just for the fun of it.
My missus also plugged them direct to her Kindle HD

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #1,730 of 3,438
They are very easy to drive.
Sometimes I just plug them direct to Sansa Clip+, just for the fun of it.
My missus also plugged them direct to her Kindle HD

I sometimes plug mine into the DX50s and even my Galaxy S4 and its not half bad. They're quite easy to drive 

Ok thank you for your answers so I think I'm going to buy these :p

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #1,731 of 3,438

Quote:
Has anyone experimented with packing TH600 cups with fiberloft material ala TH900, wondering if this makes TH900 treble smoother.

MarkL used this stuff in his first version of Lawton mod, but then advised against it. Interesting than Fostex picked that up as a way to dampen TH900.
be honest, the treble doesn't bother me anymore, they really settled down after a week, I am just hoping that Fostex purposely handicapped TH600 by omitting this stuffing, technically it should kill bouncing off the enclosure reflections and clear them up a bit, but we'll see, fiberloft is in a mail.

LOL. Got my fiberloft, opened TH600 ....

just to discover this? 
eek.gif

Yep, it's stock configuration on TH600. Damn! 

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #1,736 of 3,438

I heard about this from nick n.... you might want to look into it.
Twaron Angel Hair special acoustic filler if you are planning on dampening it or anything.

Are you reffering to TH600 which is already dampened with fiberloft or D2K?
This is what Mark Lawton recommended for dampening. Now you owe me ten bucks 'cause TH600 already has fiber inside. LOL 
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #1,739 of 3,438
Are you reffering to TH600 which is already dampened with fiberloft or D2K?
This is what Mark Lawton recommended for dampening. Now you owe me ten bucks 'cause TH600 already has fiber inside. LOL :D  
double up on the material and let us know any changes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back