Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Aug 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #946 of 3,438
Strange i find my D600 darker than my X1... But you say the TH600 have the same warmth ?
In the end would you say it's a proprer upgrade ?

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #947 of 3,438
Jeez... this misinformation is really irritating. The TH-600 are not dark at all. They have a slight V-shaped signature. The mids are sweet and lush, but I wouldn't go as far to say the headphone is a warm sounding headphone. I wouldn't classify the D600 as warm either, but I won't argue with you since already seem to like the D600. I can tell you that the TH-600 is a huge, and I do mean HUGE, step up from the D600. The D600 are congested, muddy, overly boomy in the bass (way to much midbass bloom). It has little definition and lacks a lot of body. Don't even get my started on the mids or treble. Bottom line, you should hear a rather large difference between the two. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #948 of 3,438
Quote:

I can't comment on the comparison because I haven't heard the W5K, but the W3KANV have a warm sound with very lush mids. The treble was a bit wonky for my tastes. Bass had me wanting more extension and control, a bit sloppy. Let's just put it this way. The headphone looks so much better than it sounds, to me. Still very good if you can find one for a decent price. 

eeew lol. k thanks, guess i won't like the 3k either

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #949 of 3,438
Within the week...................I'll be comparing now to D7000 and Edition 8 as well. 

I'm really looking forward to the comparison with the Ed8. If isolation and comfort are priorities.(in portable use), I personally think the Ed8 is hard to beat.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #950 of 3,438
I'm really looking forward to the comparison with the Ed8. If isolation and comfort are priorities.(in portable use), I personally think the Ed8 is hard to beat.

For comfort, isolation and portability, I'm convinced there is no headphone to top the Edition 8. M-100 can't hold a candle to it in any of the three categories for sure. Add in the sound and bass and its over. And can't envision another small portable in its class, though I havent looked at many in that niche.

The TH600 I'm looking to see its overall sound, certainly not for portable use. I expect great things from it and big bass I hope. Then the question will be is it better than my D7000 and if so, do I care enough to do something about it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #951 of 3,438
Hey Oregonian, yes sorry, I kind of assumed that you were not intending to use the TH600 as a portable. I just wanted to mention what I think are the strongest features (aside from the sound, which has the personal preference aspect to it) of the Ed8. There are other high end HPs that many consider to be better than the Ed8 but that's because they do not use it for portable use, and so isolation is not as high a priority to them. Personally, I think for PORTABLE use, when you consider EVERYTHING, the Edition 8 is hard to beat.

I have seen some of your posts and I have enjoyed reading your comments. Keep it up and thanks.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #952 of 3,438
Quote:
For comfort, isolation and portability, I'm convinced there is no headphone to top the Edition 8. M-100 can't hold a candle to it in any of the three categories for sure. Add in the sound and bass and its over. And can't envision another small portable in its class, though I havent looked at many in that niche.

The TH600 I'm looking to see its overall sound, certainly not for portable use. I expect great things from it and big bass I hope. Then the question will be is it better than my D7000 and if so, do I care enough to do something about it.

You should branch out into the IEM world. You may find yourself scratching your head. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #953 of 3,438
Quote:
The D600 is crap and the TH600 is god like next to it. (Greed whispered this in my ear...)

+1

God like is a very accurate description of the TH600. Its Very close to blasphemy to compare them to the D600's. 

Just wrong... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #954 of 3,438
Quote:

You should branch out into the IEM world. You may find yourself scratching your head. 
ksc75smile.gif

Wish I could. I've considered that, hence my use of the word headphone. I once was considered having CIEM's molded for myself but my hearing protection at work is molded high dollar NR units that I get tired of having in my ears. Years of that will cure anyone of wanting to use IEM's. But it did preserve most of my hearing.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #955 of 3,438
Hey Oregonian, yes sorry, I kind of assumed that you were not intending to use the TH600 as a portable. I just wanted to mention what I think are the strongest features (aside from the sound, which has the personal preference aspect to it) of the Ed8. There are other high end HPs that many consider to be better than the Ed8 but that's because they do not use it for portable use, and so isolation is not as high a priority to them. Personally, I think for PORTABLE use, when you consider EVERYTHING, the Edition 8 is hard to beat.

I have seen some of your posts and I have enjoyed reading your comments. Keep it up and thanks.

No, we are on the same page. I realized after wearing both my early Denons that the TH600 was no way a portable. And agree with you on the Edition 8 for those key attributes. For sure. The more I listen to them the more I agree. Been driving them tonight with my vintage Kenwood amp, loving the sound and depth of bass.

Still, am very excited to hear the TH600 after hearing from Andre (DemonFox) how impressed he was.........

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #958 of 3,438
Quote:
Which has brighter / better treble out of the D5000/D7000 and TH600?

Th600's Have just about better everything except maybe looks. I like the wood but the TH600's are still beautiful but some may like the wood look more. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back