Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced
Mar 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #213 of 392
Now I found the perfect tips for them...it comes with the Teac ze1000 ....now the isolate and sounds amazin:heart_eyes::sunglasses:

...but they were already epic. So, "amazin" > "epic" ? We have to define/quantify the terms here
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #214 of 392
...but they were already epic. So, "amazin" > "epic" ? We have to define/quantify the terms here:ksc75smile: .

I think he meant... That on top of sounding amazing, they also isolate better now with the new tips

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #215 of 392
I think he meant... That on top of sounding amazing, they also isolate better now with the new tips

...but are they as good as the Vsonic Vektr will be. You know you are gonna buy one of those, Teke!

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #216 of 392
Just placed an order on Rakuten.co.jp. The list price was 14,076 yen, but somehow they only charged me for 12,767 yen, and that's just about $150 including the 2500yen shipping to US. Did I get a deal or something?

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #217 of 392

...but are they as good as the Vsonic Vektr will be. You know you are gonna buy one of those, Teke!

of course I am!  I'm going to look like a prof. athlete on a budget!

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #218 of 392

Tough.. I wouls say yes because the Doppio's stem for the cord is at the back of the earphone instead of the middle like the RE-400. So it's easier to get a deeper seal with the Doppio.

Thanks Eric!
I don't get a deep fit with the RE400 anyway. the tips barely get into the earcanal, and i find them well isolating already. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #220 of 392
  When are they going to release the cable with in-line mic for purchase? Anyone knows?
It's already been mentioned as ET-H1.2CB -  Replacement Cable with Mic and Control Switch for TE-05 with suggested retail price of $59.00
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jgMdgzhi_a8J:eadox.com/EAwebPubDocs/PLretail/Fostex_feb14_retail.pdf+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

UPDATE: 
Just received a reply from Fostex:

"We will release the replacement cable within a couple of months, but will not have the cable with control box for TE-05."

Sad panda 
triportsad.gif

Why?? Why is it so hard to find good replacement cables with in-line mic?? The higher the price of IEMs the rarer it is to offer in-line mics. Even most decent cheapo IEMs have this. I don't see why they think it's not at all necessary to at least include it as an optional accessory...

Anyone knows of any replacement cables with in-line mic that will fit TE-05?

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #221 of 392
Its MMXC unless I am mistaken, which means that the super-cheap UE900 cables work with it ($25 from UE). BUT if you want a really good mic, Shure's mic cable for the SExx5 line uses the MMXC connector and the mic quality is fantastic. Its also a bit longer.
UPDATE: 
Just received a reply from Fostex:

"We will release the replacement cable within a couple of months, but will not have the cable with control box for TE-05."

Sad panda :triportsad:

Why?? Why is it so hard to find good replacement cables with in-line mic?? The higher the price of IEMs the rarer it is to offer in-line mics. Even most decent cheapo IEMs have this. I don't see why they think it's not at all necessary to at least include it as an optional accessory...

Anyone knows of any replacement cables with in-line mic that will fit TE-05?

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #222 of 392
Its MMXC unless I am mistaken, which means that the super-cheap UE900 cables work with it ($25 from UE). BUT if you want a really good mic, Shure's mic cable for the SExx5 line uses the MMXC connector and the mic quality is fantastic. Its also a bit longer.

Awesome thanks!

Question though: Isn't the UE900 cable that has caused serious QC issues for UE900? Like failing or connection issues within a year?

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #224 of 392
I've heard of this, with Shures too. I think its usually an issue on the earphone side of the connection though; in my case and others I've read here, it just took a little cleaning with a piece of tissue to fix.
Awesome thanks!

Question though: Isn't the UE900 cable that has caused serious QC issues for UE900? Like failing or connection issues within a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back