Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 392

kjk1281

1000+ Head-Fier
On January 20, the Fostex Company announced the Japanese release date and price for their much anticipated TE-05 dynamic driver IEM. The TE-05 will release in Japan late this month for ¥15000 (excluding tax), or about ¥5000 higher than originally targeted. The aluminum-bodied IEMs will come packaged with 4 silicone eartips (sizes XS, S, M, and L) and a leather pouch.

Also announced is the release of the replaceable cable, the ET-H1.2. This is the same detachable cable that comes with the earphones. These will be available for ¥4725.

f43a217f_te-05_02.jpeg

The TE-05 features removable cables

63c39b33_te-05_04.jpeg

The TE-05's leather storage case

TE-05 - インナーイヤーヘッドホン: FOSTEX COMPANY

フォステクス、アルミ削り出しで15,750円のダイナミック型イヤフォン - AV Watch

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 392
It looks like the same case that's included with the H-200.

... I don't nor will ever own an Iem, customs r to much and universals don't fit my ears.

That said, I'ms till jealous of all the cool goodies iem users get, little carrying poaches and what not q.q it seems common pratice with iems to include those exttras >.> and I do like extras

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 392
That's certainly the case, but the MSRP is still around 50% higher than previously expected. Since a global release seems to be planned, I'll eagerly await the announcement of a US price, but I was hoping for Fostex to price these more competitively.

I totally agree with how you feel, but I have a feeling it will hit $80 one day. That's when I'll pull the trigger! It's only $100 with shipping after all...

Those fostex better be good for that price. 
tongue.gif
 And it better kick the butt of my im02s for it to be great.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #8 of 392
Thanks for the update! The packaging and case seem to be better than I thought so $149 instead of the original planned $129 price is only $20 more. Hopefully the street price is cheaper and the final tuning is as good as it was or maybe even slightly better.

Problem is they got a lot of buzz at the shows. That may have led to a price hike as well. People gotta learn to use their poker faces. Say it is okay and maybe could be a little better even if it is the crap cause it can't hurt to keep em trying to make it even better and if they start to think it is the crap then they charge more.

Poker faces people, poker faces!

Actually maybe they should lower the price a little just because of those god awful strain reliefs
tongue.gif
!

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 392
Hmmmm...
images

Less flap overlap on the Fostex case makes it look more slender(might not be). Similar but I like the Fostex look and name placement better.
63c39b33_te-05_04.jpeg

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 392
  Hmmmm...
images

Less flap overlap on the Fostex case makes it look more slender(might not be). Similar but I like the Fostex look and name placement better.
63c39b33_te-05_04.jpeg

Price looks good too, and even better in a month or two. I can't believe it'll be released this month, which means I can't wait for march!

Also, don't know if it is the picture's WB or the case itself, but the fostex's leather quality and color look better than the T-Peos.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #13 of 392
On January 20, the Fostex Company announced the Japanese release date and price for their much anticipated TE-05 dynamic driver IEM. The TE-05 will release in Japan late this month for ¥15000 (excluding tax), or about ¥5000 higher than originally targeted. The aluminum-bodied IEMs will come packaged with 4 silicone eartips (sizes XS, S, M, and L) and a leather pouch.

Also announced is the release of the replaceable cable, the ET-H1.2. This is the same detachable cable that comes with the earphones. These will be available for ¥4725.

Thanks - subbed. Now very interested in these!

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #14 of 392
I totally agree with how you feel, but I have a feeling it will hit $80 one day. That's when I'll pull the trigger! It's only $100 with shipping after all...

Those fostex better be good for that price. :p  And it better kick the butt of my im02s for it to be great.

$80 would be awesome, but I'll get them as soon as they hit $100 on Amazon. My gift card balance is ready.

Thanks for the update! The packaging and case seem to be better than I thought so $149 instead of the original planned $129 price is only $20 more. Hopefully the street price is cheaper and the final tuning is as good as it was or maybe even slightly better.

Thanks for the clarification on the planned price.

Problem is they got a lot of buzz at the shows. That may have led to a price hike as well. People gotta learn to use their poker faces. Say it is okay and maybe could be a little better even if it is the crap cause it can't hurt to keep em trying to make it even better and if they start to think it is the crap then they charge more.

Poker faces people, poker faces!

Actually maybe they should lower the price a little just because of those god awful strain reliefs :p !

Agreed on toning down the hype at/after trade shows. We need to work together to stop price inflation. :ph34r:

lol @ the strain reliefs!

subbed. thanks for the update

Getting a pair? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back