Fostex T60RP
Jan 10, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #91 of 1,451
Debating on getting these from Amazon Japan, kind of weary on the import fees to Canada. Works out to about $340 Canadian before all of that, would the ZMF Classics be a solid investment?

Specifically have never heard a ZMF Classic. That being said, these wood cups are definitely different than what is offered in the ZMF line, it isn't something comparable.

I don't mean to be dense, but I want to be sure about something before I try this. You mention needing to register a "separate Amazon account". Now, I already do have a Amazon account. And I'm assuming that when I go to pay for these that my credit card/address will trip it off as already existing. So, do I just enter my already existing account? Or try to create a different one?

Amazon.com is not related to Amazon.co.jp other than the fact that both of them line Jeff Bezos' pockets -- you have to make a separate account on amazon.co.jp in order to order the headphones from Japan.

Jan 10, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #92 of 1,451
Specifically have never heard a ZMF Classic. That being said, these wood cups are definitely different than what is offered in the ZMF line, it isn't something comparable.

Amazon.com is not related to Amazon.co.jp other than the fact that both of them line Jeff Bezos' pockets -- you have to make a separate account on amazon.co.jp in order to order the headphones from Japan.
Excellent. Done and done. And yes, that price was seriously much more like it.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #94 of 1,451
Yep, the price is actually fairly reasonable. Prepare to be amazed with how fast they ship from Japan to PA, given it's in stock :)
Considering how quickly I've received iems from Hong Kong via eBay, I probably won't be that surprised. Honestly, my experience with items coming from that area is that they slow down once they hit our continent.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #96 of 1,451
hi @axtran
Can you share some more fresh impression about t60rp or compare it to MrSpeakers Ether if it`s possible, thx

What kind of music do you listen to? I actually switched between the T60RP and my Ether a few times last night just playing around. Ether still has the most impressive comfort for a Planar as well as responds extremely well to my hardware EQ, which always makes it a pleasure to use. So far the T60RP to me shines with specific types of mid-heavy music, and the Ether isn't limited like that.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #97 of 1,451
What kind of music do you listen to? I actually switched between the T60RP and my Ether a few times last night just playing around. Ether still has the most impressive comfort for a Planar as well as responds extremely well to my hardware EQ, which always makes it a pleasure to use. So far the T60RP to me shines with specific types of mid-heavy music, and the Ether isn't limited like that.
I`m listening almost everything but mostly prefer jazz and chamber acoustic music or anything that can touch me emotionally. Do T60RP sounds warm or more distant to your opinion? And what can you say about their resolution on hi-res compared to Ether?

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #98 of 1,451
I`m listening almost everything but mostly prefer jazz and chamber acoustic music or anything that can touch me emotionally. Do T60RP sounds warm or more distant to your opinion? And what can you say about their resolution on hi-res compared to Ether?

Resolution is pretty much the same when thinking Fostex RP vs. Ether drivers--there's a reason MrSpeakers moved away from the RP driver. That being said, the Alpha Prime's upgrades eclipse the T60RP (but I never expected it to not do that). Can't really compare a former TOTL to a T60RP.

The T60RP shines with when I mentioned before, the mids and the resonance provided by the mahogany cups is really something unique--I'm scared to modify my T60RP, but I'm sure similar modifications underneath the baffling, and maybe some waveguides might have some interesting benefits.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #99 of 1,451
I'm hopefully getting a pair of these to review soon :D

I'll drive them balanced from my Keces S3

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #100 of 1,451
Resolution is pretty much the same when thinking Fostex RP vs. Ether drivers--there's a reason MrSpeakers moved away from the RP driver. That being said, the Alpha Prime's upgrades eclipse the T60RP (but I never expected it to not do that). Can't really compare a former TOTL to a T60RP.

The T60RP shines with when I mentioned before, the mids and the resonance provided by the mahogany cups is really something unique--I'm scared to modify my T60RP, but I'm sure similar modifications underneath the baffling, and maybe some waveguides might have some interesting benefits.
Thanks for sharing your opinion and excuse me being so intrusive but there no any review yet, So what would you recommend more for jazz/vocal music more- these or HE400i?

Jan 19, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #104 of 1,451
I hate HiFiman headphones so I’ll spare you my impressions there :)

What?!!! HE-500 are superb planar headphones, I prefer them over many newer headphones around the £600-700 mark...

They do require a lot of power though, Keces S3 drives them fine, even better out of the Keces S125 power amp though :D

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #105 of 1,451
I have never heard any HiFiman yet, but love my t50rp much. What`s wrong with hifiman in your opinion&

What?!!! HE-500 are superb planar headphones, I prefer them over many newer headphones around the £600-700 mark...

They do require a lot of power though, Keces S3 drives them fine, even better out of the Keces S125 power amp though :D

Depends on what you want out of HiFiman. The poor quality control as well as the fact that the headphones don't fit my head leave me in a place to say they're a terrible company. If we were buying automobiles and there was a chance that your car would be assembled sometimes with random incorrect parts on them or break upon delivery, would you still buy the automobile? As far as power goes, I have an Audio-GD Master 9, so it can deal with low sensitivity and high impedance options quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back