Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #331 of 406
Gaming setup btw lol
Not perfect - i may need to tape the adapter to prevent 'swinging', but all in all, good for what it should do
20240125_173306.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #332 of 406
Does anyone think these beat the T50 MK3?

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #335 of 406
Gaming setup btw lol
Not perfect - i may need to tape the adapter to prevent 'swinging', but all in all, good for what it should do20240125_173306.jpg
I've got an Antlion ModMic on mine and have been really happy with the sound in games, but it's been a while since I've played something that really uses hearing like Tarkov. My poor little SMSL AD18 struggles to give them enough juice and I'm just about topping out the volume knob

Jan 26, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #337 of 406
Got a pair, and returned it almost immediately because the sound cut out every time I turned my head - tried both cables and multiple sources. Bummer.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #341 of 406
Where did you get it?

i put in two orders, both stores said they were "in stock" but then both immediately contacted me and said they were a pre order and when they get it, they'll ship it...

audio46 and alto music. (my buddy gave me $450 a few weeks ago to get him a pair, he's deployed and won't be back until this summer, hence the two orders...)

as soon as i get my grubby little (ears?) hands on them i'll get some pics and impressions posted.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #342 of 406
have there been any T60 anniversary impressions? I don't think bret ever gave one. I got my A30 pro about a week ago. T60s are a different beast when you have ample power on tap.

i've got amps galore over here, plan on giving them a spin with everything i can plug them into! my two fav amps of late are the schiit lyr+, i've yet to connect something to it that i didn't love in both ss and hybrid mode (they're so close it really doesn't matter fwiw, even through about 5 different 6sn7's including the new "ray" from apos, that thing sounds so much like the ss stage it might as well not be in there, lol.)

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #343 of 406
Signing in with Unit #A0705:

53538213457_c008aa13ec_b.jpg

For what I paid for my unit (~USD270, including taxes), I thought I got much more as far as the overall sound quality was concerned. I used to own at T50RP Mk3 more than 7 years ago and I hated that unit, mostly because of how badly it sounded (pretty flat, uninspiring, and un-dynamic). The T5050 is much, much different: I feel like the sound I'm getting from them is worth at least USD500, perhaps even more (and maybe that's because of the T60RP drivers and earpads doing their magic).

I can't recommend them enough!!

P.S. Driving these with the Sony NW-WM1AM2 > RME ADI-2 DAC FS > TCA HPA-1 :)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #344 of 406
so... alto music shipped me t50rp 50th - after happily taking my $436 for the t60rp / the listing on the site was for t60rp, the entire product page described the t60rp, the pictures were of the ... t60rp...

sure it might be simple mistake - but i'm still frustrated.

update - "simple mistake" - altomusic is sending me a shipping return label and sending out the proper product.

so the wait continues... hopefully i'll have the goods sooner or later or sooner than later :)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #345 of 406
AAAAHHHH!! so a few weeks ago I got in enough stuff to mod. some white tack and some rolled cotton. buttoned everything up and no sound in left cup. unscrewed and one wire busted. fudge. order a soldering iron and go to button it up again and I got 3 busted wires. ff to taking 4ever and iron finally arriving today I take my T60s and get ready to solder and I have 4 busted wires. lmao! anyways, I'm 47 with narcolepsy with double blurry vision and shaky hands and not a noob but those shaky hands so I anticipate this ain't going to go well. well after about an hour, about 5 minutes ago, I just fired my T60s up and have been testing some YT and music tracks and all is well. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEW!! I live in mexico so my tools are limited. razor knife was just cutting wire along with insulation so ended up using lighter which ended up exposing more wire than I wanted but it all worked out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back