Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #4,667 of 4,764
Oooo, look what came in today.

IMG-6301.jpg

Hmm, what could it be, an automotive part for an Italian sports car?

IMG-6302.jpg

A canvas bag and shredded paper, the suspense must be killing you, gosh, I hope it will last!

IMG-6312.jpg

Are you drooling yet? I certainly was when I pulled this cable out of the bag! :yum:
Option SPECS:

Noir HPC Mk2 - Cable : Octa copper Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire (4x2 Geometry)
Headphones : Denon D5200/D7100/D7200/D9200, Meze Lyric, Kennerton Magister,
Length : 2,5 m - 8'
Plug : ViaBlue 6,3mm jack, Splitter
Forza AudioWorks CNC

Initial Thoughts:

When I pulled this cable out of the box, I expected it to be quite heavy, but to my surprise, its actually quite light for what it is. Cable braiding is top notch quality, and cable terminations are outstanding. I bought a custom cable from a different brand before, and their terminations were bellow standard, that one channel went out in the cable, and would come back if I torqued the cable one way. So cable terminations absolutely do matter, and I am happy to see that attention to detail, from the cable artist at FAW.

IMG-6319.jpg
IMG-6322.jpg

As well as being lighter then the original Denon cable, the Noir HPC Mk2 cable is much more flexible as well. I appreciate a cable that doesn't tug down on me, and that pretty much stays where I want it, the cable doesn't fight me, and that alone is worth paying good money for! I chose the Viablue connectors, because I know they are high quality, but I also love the way they look. I've heard that the Neutrik connectors are also high quality, but I don't appreciate their industrial look at all. I also appreciate that the connectors are gold plated, which is a benefit to making a strong connection. The 6.3mm connector has a solid feel to it, and produces a solid satisfying tactile click, when inserted into my S.M.S.L SP200 AMP.

IMG-6328.jpg
IMG-6326.jpg

The 3.5mm connectors that plug directly into my Denon AH-D9200 can's, also produce a satisfying tactile click when inserted. Please note, instead of using the traditional L/R indicators, FAW uses their logo with the letter "A" in GREEN, to indicate RIGHT channel, so be aware of this, so that you hook them up correctly. I did test if my assumption was correct, by running the LEFT & RIGHT channel test, and I was indeed correct. I'm also quite pleased with the heat shrink job that the cable artist does, it looks absolutely superb, and does the job nicely to keep things in order, as well as looking good doing it.

IMG-6330.jpg

Testing the cable, a night and day experience!​

The first thing I noticed when putting my headphones on and moving around, is that the terrible microphonics I heard from my original Denon cable, now using the Noir HPC MK2, microphonics is about 90% reduced. In essence, its at a tolerable level now, and doesn't trigger my misophonia so much. When listening to music or voices from people speaking, I find that the sound is fuller now. Somehow this cable manages to enhance the higher frequencies, but all while reducing the unnecessary sibilance, that are inherent with the D9200's using the original silver cable.

The mid range has also been enhanced, bringing fourth a more warmer sound, more fuller and detailed, and somehow achieving it without becoming boomy. The sub base range seems to have gotten less of an enhancement, as its barely been touched, but even I can tell that is dynamic detail has been improved a bit. I don't just listen to music with my cans, I also watch movies, and play video games. Dynamic sound is even more important when watching action movies, but especially more so, when playing video games.

When I was playing the game Subnautica, suddenly the soundscape atmosphere of the game, just really came alive more. Even something as simple as a sonar ping in the distance, had more of a detailed presence and echo, and the sound was just so much more fuller. In the end, this brought fourth a more immersive experience for me. People's voices are more fuller and alive now, it actually sounds like someone is in the room talking to you, really noticeable with male voices then anything else. Instruments in music also come alive more, with solid detail from drums.

And while its true that my Denon D9200's could never compete against an open backed can when it comes to the plucks of an accoustic guitar, even the warmer sound produced by the cable in the mid-ranges, manages to bring acoustic guitar more to you, more present, more alive, and thus more pleasurable to listen to. Denon may have you believing for a moment, that a silver coated cable is what you need to bring fourth the best sound, but I am hear to tell you, that they are wrong. While sound is most certainly subjective, YMMV, it is IMHO, that the Noir HPC MK2 OCC Copper, is the cable that brings a true headphogasmic experience.

Considering the build quality, as well as the sound quality, it is IMO, that this cable is a steal for this price. And if you have a pair of Denon AH-D9200 headphones, you owe it to yourself to try out this cable. Just pick the terminations you need for your setup, and the length of cable that you need. I've spoken to Matt in email, and he seems like a really nice guy, who is not only a cable artist, but is happy to help you out in customer service. You know what else impresses me? I assumed that because this cable was coming from Poland, that it was going to take 2 to 3 weeks to get here. I'm in the US, and the cable got here in only 1-week!

Thank you so much @Matez I really appreciate your dedication to making really great cables for a great price, I couldn't be happier with my new cable. You go above and beyond, and the quality shows. BTW, I'm a mechanic by trade, so I really love your company logo as well, gears are awesome!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #4,668 of 4,764
Warning: Cliche alert...My Claire HPC Mk2 cable arrived a few weeks ago. Matt had been really helpful and patient with my questions and self-doubts. I ordered them for my HD 250s since the cable was going and really, what a nice opportunity to try something new. Burned them in and I wasn't disappointed. But this morning I had an epiphany. Why did I put them on my 250s when they would also fit my HD 580s (which had a different sized plug at the end)? Holy smokes! Now they are truly home. This is where they belong--I realized after about 2 seconds--this what I had hoped to hear. There's good, and then there's this. Sigh. Thanks, Matt.

I would be remiss if I didn't also thank the many contributors to this thread that provided all kinds of guidance to us lurkers throughout the decision-making process.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #4,669 of 4,764
Warning: Cliche alert...My Claire HPC Mk2 cable arrived a few weeks ago. Matt had been really helpful and patient with my questions and self-doubts. I ordered them for my HD 250s since the cable was going and really, what a nice opportunity to try something new. Burned them in and I wasn't disappointed. But this morning I had an epiphany. Why did I put them on my 250s when they would also fit my HD 580s (which had a different sized plug at the end)? Holy smokes! Now they are truly home. This is where they belong--I realized after about 2 seconds--this what I had hoped to hear. There's good, and then there's this. Sigh. Thanks, Matt.

I would be remiss if I didn't also thank the many contributors to this thread that provided all kinds of guidance to us lurkers throughout the decision-making process.

Heck yeah, that what I'm talking about! Auditorial bliss from an amazing cable, from an amazing cable artist. :L3000:

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #4,670 of 4,764

IMG-6301.jpg

IMG-6302.jpg

A canvas bag and shredded paper, the suspense must be killing you, gosh, I hope it will last!

IMG-6312.jpg

Are you drooling yet? I certainly was when I pulled this cable out of the bag! :yum:
Option SPECS:

Forza AudioWorks CNC

Initial Thoughts:

When I pulled this cable out of the box, I expected it to be quite heavy, but to my surprise, its actually quite light for what it is. Cable braiding is top notch quality, and cable terminations are outstanding. I bought a custom cable from a different brand before, and their terminations were bellow standard, that one channel went out in the cable, and would come back if I torqued the cable one way. So cable terminations absolutely do matter, and I am happy to see that attention to detail, from the cable artist at FAW.

IMG-6319.jpg
IMG-6322.jpg

As well as being lighter then the original Denon cable, the Noir HPC Mk2 cable is much more flexible as well. I appreciate a cable that doesn't tug down on me, and that pretty much stays where I want it, the cable doesn't fight me, and that alone is worth paying good money for! I chose the Viablue connectors, because I know they are high quality, but I also love the way they look. I've heard that the Neutrik connectors are also high quality, but I don't appreciate their industrial look at all. I also appreciate that the connectors are gold plated, which is a benefit to making a strong connection. The 6.3mm connector has a solid feel to it, and produces a solid satisfying tactile click, when inserted into my S.M.S.L SP200 AMP.

IMG-6328.jpg
IMG-6326.jpg

The 3.5mm connectors that plug directly into my Denon AH-D9200 can's, also produce a satisfying tactile click when inserted. Please note, instead of using the traditional L/R indicators, FAW uses their logo with the letter "A" in GREEN, to indicate RIGHT channel, so be aware of this, so that you hook them up correctly. I did test if my assumption was correct, by running the LEFT & RIGHT channel test, and I was indeed correct. I'm also quite pleased with the heat shrink job that the cable artist does, it looks absolutely superb, and does the job nicely to keep things in order, as well as looking good doing it.

IMG-6330.jpg

The first thing I noticed when putting my headphones on and moving around, is that the terrible microphonics I heard from my original Denon cable, now using the Noir HPC MK2, microphonics is about 90% reduced. In essence, its at a tolerable level now, and doesn't trigger my misophonia so much. When listening to music or voices from people speaking, I find that the sound is fuller now. Somehow this cable manages to enhance the higher frequencies, but all while reducing the unnecessary sibilance, that are inherent with the D9200's using the original silver cable.

The mid range has also been enhanced, bringing fourth a more warmer sound, more fuller and detailed, and somehow achieving it without becoming boomy. The sub base range seems to have gotten less of an enhancement, as its barely been touched, but even I can tell that is dynamic detail has been improved a bit. I don't just listen to music with my cans, I also watch movies, and play video games. Dynamic sound is even more important when watching action movies, but especially more so, when playing video games.

When I was playing the game Subnautica, suddenly the soundscape atmosphere of the game, just really came alive more. Even something as simple as a sonar ping in the distance, had more of a detailed presence and echo, and the sound was just so much more fuller. In the end, this brought fourth a more immersive experience for me. People's voices are more fuller and alive now, it actually sounds like someone is in the room talking to you, really noticeable with male voices then anything else. Instruments in music also come alive more, with solid detail from drums.

And while its true that my Denon D9200's could never compete against an open backed can when it comes to the plucks of an accoustic guitar, even the warmer sound produced by the cable in the mid-ranges, manages to bring acoustic guitar more to you, more present, more alive, and thus more pleasurable to listen to. Denon may have you believing for a moment, that a silver coated cable is what you need to bring fourth the best sound, but I am hear to tell you, that they are wrong. While sound is most certainly subjective, YMMV, it is IMHO, that the Noir HPC MK2 OCC Copper, is the cable that brings a true headphogasmic experience.

Considering the build quality, as well as the sound quality, it is IMO, that this cable is a steal for this price. And if you have a pair of Denon AH-D9200 headphones, you owe it to yourself to try out this cable. Just pick the terminations you need for your setup, and the length of cable that you need. I've spoken to Matt in email, and he seems like a really nice guy, who is not only a cable artist, but is happy to help you out in customer service. You know what else impresses me? I assumed that because this cable was coming from Poland, that it was going to take 2 to 3 weeks to get here. I'm in the US, and the cable got here in only 1-week!

Thank you so much @Matez I really appreciate your dedication to making really great cables for a great price, I couldn't be happier with my new cable. You go above and beyond, and the quality shows. BTW, I'm a mechanic by trade, so I really love your company logo as well, gears are awesome!
I received the same cable over a week ago in the 4 meter version. I can fully endorse what you write about this and in my opinion it is a huge upgrade compared to the standard cable. Amplifier is Aune s17, Bricasti M1 DAC and headphones Denon 9200.

Community Verified icon

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #4,671 of 4,764
How long does it typically take to receive a cable? I ordered mine on the 25th of January. Shipping information/tracking was received on the 12th of February - hasn't moved to date; still in "shipment information received" status. Can't wait to ditch this stock Focal cable...

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #4,672 of 4,764
How long does it typically take to receive a cable? I ordered mine on the 25th of January. Shipping information/tracking was received on the 12th of February - hasn't moved to date; still in "shipment information received" status. Can't wait to ditch this stock Focal cable...
Hi Ivan, I ordered a cable from Matt around 2.5 weeks ago. He just told me today that he has been unwell recently so there's been a bit of a delay. He said my cable should be shipped out later this week. Hope you'll receive your cable soon. :)

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #4,673 of 4,764
Sorry but I'm having trouble contacting Matt. Do you know of any problems? Is he away or not well? I ordered a Claire 2 MK2 by 2 metres and it arrived by 1.5 metres. I contacted Matt who told me to send it back and that he would send me a right one.
I sent further messages in which I then asked if I could add another cable to the replacement cable that I would like for another headphone, possibly making one shipment.
I never got a reply again. Not even when I asked for the exact shipping address with the mobile phone that is required by the courier. Or when I asked what value I should declare for the cable to be returned.In 4 days no reply.
I hope Matt here will read me and allow me to solve the problem

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #4,675 of 4,764
What i dont like with the Forza Noir HPC Mk2 3m is the weight of it. I feel it pulls more on my HD800S then stock cable making it more uncomfortable to wear. Maybe its the Forza audioworks CNC splitter thats the problem. It looks and feel a little heavy in hand.

If i wear making cables i would not use that heavy splitter. I would prefer light shrink plastic.

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #4,676 of 4,764
Sorry but I'm having trouble contacting Matt. Do you know of any problems? Is he away or not well? I ordered a Claire 2 MK2 by 2 metres and it arrived by 1.5 metres. I contacted Matt who told me to send it back and that he would send me a right one.
I sent further messages in which I then asked if I could add another cable to the replacement cable that I would like for another headphone, possibly making one shipment.
I never got a reply again. Not even when I asked for the exact shipping address with the mobile phone that is required by the courier. Or when I asked what value I should declare for the cable to be returned.In 4 days no reply.
I hope Matt here will read me and allow me to solve the problem
Matt just got back to me regarding a problem I had with a cable length, he should be back to you promptly.

That said I have owned cables from 5 or 6 different companies and Forza is my favorite to date. The mix of sound and ergonomics can't be beat.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #4,677 of 4,764

IMG-6301.jpg

IMG-6302.jpg

IMG-6312.jpg

Option SPECS:

Forza AudioWorks CNC

Initial Thoughts:

IMG-6319.jpg
IMG-6322.jpg

IMG-6328.jpg
IMG-6326.jpg

IMG-6330.jpg

Wow, that's one awesome feedback! Thank you so much :)

Would you mind if I share this on my FB please?

You're welcome, my pleasure, enjoy and thanks :)

Maybe its the Forza audioworks CNC splitter thats the problem. It looks and feel a little heavy in hand.

These CNC splitters I've been using for many years are aluminium, so their mass is very low. But I hear you, some folks don't like the sensation of a cable pulling down and that's okay. Thanks for sharing :)

Do you know of any problems? Is he away or not well?

To be fair, I've been struggling a bit after my last flu that was really nasty. My work flow got a bit slower in recent days because of that, but now I'm 90% up to my regular speed.

--

Again, apologies to everyone who ordered recently for the recent delay.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #4,678 of 4,764
Wow, that's one awesome feedback! Thank you so much :)

Your very welcome Matt! :)

Would you mind if I share this on my FB please?

You may share my review on Facebook, people need to know that you make great cables. They make my headphones sound delicious! :L3000:

These CNC splitters I've been using for many years are aluminium

I knew they were metal, because they are cold to the touch, and I've noticed the weight as well. But to be honest, for me, the aluminum splitter just speaks quality to me. Why would I want a piece of plastic on an high end cable? Exactly, I wouldn't! So, IMO, I think you did the right thing going with CNC'd aluminum. You could always make them out of CNC'd titanium as well, but then that would drive the cost up by at least 10 dollars more, as titanium is a tougher metal to work with, eats up CNC bits quicker.

To be fair, I've been struggling a bit after my last flu that was really nasty.

I'm really sorry that you got sick with the flue since after you sent out my beautiful cable. Sickness has been going around all over the globe this season, lots of people getting sick unfortunately. I am happy to hear that you are doing 90% better though. Keep drinking lots of water, drink some delicious herbel tea's, and you should be right as rain in no time. Thanks again Matt for all that you do, you've earned a spot in the audiophile world IMHO!

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #4,679 of 4,764
I've noticed that interconnect cables seem to be FAW's Achilles' heel. I guess I've bought around a dozen cables/adapters from FAW over the years; a mix of headphone, USB & interconnect cables and, for what ever reason, the build quality of the latter is inferior to the others.

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #4,680 of 4,764
I've noticed that interconnect cables seem to be FAW's Achilles' heel. I guess I've bought around a dozen cables/adapters from FAW over the years; a mix of headphone, USB & interconnect cables and, for what ever reason, the build quality of the latter is inferior to the others.
I have three pairs of FAW Noir Hybrid interconnect cables: RCA-RCA, XLR-XLR, XLR-RCA. The build quality and sound quality are superb!! ☑️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back