Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #4,696 of 4,769
@ferros
Cables shines from 200hours depending on which you bought imo. Also the connectors. But you should atleast give them 300hours.

Clair mk2 - 200 - 500hours
Clair HPC Hybrid 500 - 1000hours
I waited 200 hours, maybe I need more?

Attachments

• 20231031_174145.JPG
    20231031_174145.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #4,697 of 4,769
I waited 200 hours, maybe I need more?
If you want my honest opinion. Cables needs long time.

The Claire HPC mk2 has beaten my AryaV2 cable. I found Claire HPC mk2 to be around 500hours.

However the Claire HPC Hybrid takes longer because of silver. I have one with rhodium connector, because of the connectors I feel they still get better. I am around 800-1000hours.

This cable bettered the Susvara stock cable to my preference of sound. They both sound different in the reverb decays. FAW has more bass/body/slam, and the perfect amount of reverb decay(not as much as Susvara) the Susvara is more thinner/neutral on bass responds but has plenty of reverb decays.

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #4,699 of 4,769
If you want my honest opinion. Cables needs long time.

The Claire HPC mk2 has beaten my AryaV2 cable. I found Claire HPC mk2 to be around 500hours.

However the Claire HPC Hybrid takes longer because of silver. I have one with rhodium connector, because of the connectors I feel they still get better. I am around 800-1000hours.

This cable bettered the Susvara stock cable to my preference of sound. They both sound different in the reverb decays. FAW has more bass/body/slam, and the perfect amount of reverb decay(not as much as Susvara) the Susvara is more thinner/neutral on bass responds but has plenty of reverb decays.
Thanks for the advice
that means we still have to wait

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #4,701 of 4,769
FORZA should propose cables already burned in with an extra cost if necessary...
Im fine with breakin them in myself. Maybe cable cookers will be cheaper with time. I still like breaking cables in myself.

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #4,703 of 4,769
I don’t want this to sound like a criticism of Forza because I love their cables and have several.

How does anyone genuinely recall what anything sounded like 200, 500 or 1,000 hours ago to compare ?

Assuming I listened with the cable today then put it aside on a different set up to burn in 24 hours a day, 200 hours is 8 days, 500 is three weeks and 1,000 is 6 weeks.

I know my auditory memory isn’t good for a week let alone six weeks.

Volume matching is critical in any listening comparison, how do you volume match six weeks later ?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #4,704 of 4,769
For me breaking cables is more a loss of time than to be exciting...
For me it is the last thing you said. Thats why I find this hobby interesting.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #4,705 of 4,769
FORZA should propose cables already burned in with an extra cost if necessary...
They should just say they did. No way you could tell anyways 😂

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #4,706 of 4,769
I don’t want this to sound like a criticism of Forza because I love their cables and have several.

How does anyone genuinely recall what anything sounded like 200, 500 or 1,000 hours ago to compare ?

Assuming I listened with the cable today then put it aside on a different set up to burn in 24 hours a day, 200 hours is 8 days, 500 is three weeks and 1,000 is 6 weeks.

I know my auditory memory isn’t good for a week let alone six weeks.

Volume matching is critical in any listening comparison, how do you volume match six weeks later ?
The roller coaster is better and worse, but after about 200 hours everything stabilizes. But after 80 hours the sound was the best. It was fantastic. Now it’s also good, but after 80 hours it was better

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #4,707 of 4,769
This is my first Forza AudioWorks cable. After searching around I decided to get one for my Meze Advar. The look is beautiful, feel great, solid, and havent had any issue with them. I got the Copper Series IEM Mk2 - Cable : Quad copper Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Insulation : Semi-transparent black, Length : 2m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced (male). Forza will be on my radar for future cables if I need them. Very happy with it.
I use these for my desktop hence why I got the 4-pin XLR termination. Only thing is that I miss having an ear hook, does anyone know a diy solution?

PXL_20240313_025612828.jpg
PXL_20240313_025537197.jpg

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #4,708 of 4,769
The roller coaster is better and worse, but after about 200 hours everything stabilizes. But after 80 hours the sound was the best. It was fantastic. Now it’s also good, but after 80 hours it was better

Yeah I understand you say that but how do you judge that with confidence ?

Do you ever have those days when everything sounds fantastic and better than usual even with gear you use all the time ?

Conversely do you ever have those days when nothing sounds good ?

If you do how do you reconcile that in your judgment of cables 10’s and 100’s of hours apart ?

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #4,709 of 4,769

Do you ever have those days when everything sounds fantastic and better than usual even with gear you use all the time ?

If you do how do you reconcile that in your judgment of cables 10’s and 100’s of hours apart ?
First and very important statement. I mean a healthy lifestyle. I have never consumed anything relaxing, never alcohol or the like. This is important in this context...
The second is about portable equipment from 6000 euros and above..
Naturally, it can sound differently, sometimes better, sometimes worse, depending on the processes that occur inside the electronics))) well, think about the huge number of transistors, dense installation, of course there will not be a big swing... It's portable... Amplifiers based on tubes with a good source are more stable There is a difference even when changing network cables...
I hear the difference on Beyerdynamic t5gen 2 good headphones but they are not a pair of 2000t)) even there the difference is huge after heating.

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #4,710 of 4,769

This is digital. If you want stability, this is dcs... No money, pure analogue.
Sometimes the numbers can be tiring. I have a chord hugo 2 that is good but it is synthetic. Sometimes it sounds fantastic, sometimes it sounds terrible... Cheap figure)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back