Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #4,742 of 4,760
Yes, about one week shipping after the order for extenders too.

I have just received my Noir Mk2 Extender.
It looks very well made, strong and with a very supple cable.
It matches perfectly with my new Dan Clark Audio E3 headphone.

This is not on the official website. This is a balance adapter... Matt should have described this on his website..

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #4,744 of 4,760
Finally received my Noir hybrid :) been a while since I had this for susvara. Right out of the box I notice more sub bass, could this be right? I do remember it being brighter last time I had it. Now it’s not. Which is nice.

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #4,745 of 4,760
Finally received my Noir hybrid :) been a while since I had this for susvara. Right out of the box I notice more sub bass, could this be right? I do remember it being brighter last time I had it. Now it’s not. Which is nice.
It's a very low resistance cable, meaning lower distortion, and cleaner bass/treble. That could definitely make sub bass sound tighter and louder!

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #4,746 of 4,760
That was fast! - Enjoy😎👍

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #4,747 of 4,760
Exited for how I will change after 100-200 hours. I remember it had more depth, but it sounds really nice now without burn in also.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #4,748 of 4,760
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #4,749 of 4,760
The Noir MK2 sounds much better with the E3 than the Vivo Cable from DCA, you should change the all cable.
Better bass and depth, better balanced on the upper range.
Thanks for the info, I was actually thinking to replace the whole cable in the future, but first I would likely upgrade my DAC. At the moment perfectly happy with mojo 2 and E3.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #4,750 of 4,760
Hi, actually it is not balanced, you can set it up on this page https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=36

That's the one :)

Copper vs silver is (sort of) an illusion - it's all down to overall resistance (silver is lower resistance per gauge/cable length). So a high enough gauge copper will be so close to silver.

I've tried that (...and several other parameters) some five years ago and these materials still sounded different :wink:

Yes, about one week shipping after the order for extenders too.

I have just received my Noir Mk2 Extender.
It looks very well made, strong and with a very supple cable.
It matches perfectly with my new Dan Clark Audio E3 headphone.

I really like your setup. Very minimalist, but Mojo is great considering its size.

Periapt is a well known brand, so I am surprised you haven't heard of them.

To be fair, I don't keep track on other cable makers. I used to do that and admire some, but these days as a one-man band I have my hands full with very little time to do anything else... which is a good problem to have all things considered :wink:.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #4,751 of 4,760
Hi, actually it is not balanced, you can set it up on this page https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=36
Thank you very much !
Perhaps you saved me from having to buy another cable for Hugo 2 and Mojo!
What does Mojo 2 sound like?
I have experience communicating with them))) They can be wonderful and terrible; they can be impossible and no one talks about it anywhere. I still have them because they are very good in optics!
I would like to know your opinion about the sound. You have very good headphones and your opinion is interesting!

Attachments

• 20240413_181104.JPG
    20240413_181104.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #4,752 of 4,760
Hi Riz Van,

I had the original mojo before moving to mojo 2; it seems to me more detailed, especially in the bass, clearer and more dynamic than the previous one. Don’t expect night and day changes though, for that to happen I should probably replace it with Chord DAVE. :)

Considering that the mojo 2 battery charges quickly without getting too hot and that it automatically "disconnects" when full and under charge, transforming it into a desktop DAC, I would say that it is a more than valid evolution of the first Mojo.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #4,753 of 4,760
Hi Riz Van,

I had the original mojo before moving to mojo 2; it seems to me more detailed, especially in the bass, clearer and more dynamic than the previous one. Don’t expect night and day changes though, for that to happen I should probably replace it with Chord DAVE. :)

Considering that the mojo 2 battery charges quickly without getting too hot and that it automatically "disconnects" when full and under charge, transforming it into a desktop DAC, I would say that it is a more than valid evolution of the first Mojo.
Hello
Thanks for the answer.
I wanted to buy 64 audio 12t but there are none in Stockholm. You'll have to buy without listening. How they sound with mojo. I have Hugo2 and I am very interested in your opinion.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #4,754 of 4,760
Hello
Thanks for the answer.
I wanted to buy 64 audio 12t but there are none in Stockholm. You'll have to buy without listening. How they sound with mojo. I have Hugo2 and I am very interested in your opinion.
I had to buy the U12t it without listening, but only after reading all reviews and user comments I could find. Basically it is neutral sounding, with very good but not exaggerated bass extension and very detailed, good instrument separation. So for my taste, neutral tuning with a lot of detail, is perfect. I think is good for pretty much all genres of music.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #4,755 of 4,760
Got the Forza Noir Mk2 for Focal Stellia - No microphonics anymore!

Sound quality is a huge improvement. It's airy, clean and natural up top, none of the rigid sharpness I heard before in the treble. Bass is tighter and less bloated/fatiguing.
Stage feels more fluid, and extends out into the distance with more depth - I had the same impression with Utopia on Forza Noir also. The center image extends out in front of my head. It makes the Stellia even smoother than ever! Micro details are great with the timbre improvements.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back