Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #4,711 of 4,760
Yeah I understand you say that but how do you judge that with confidence ?

Do you ever have those days when everything sounds fantastic and better than usual even with gear you use all the time ?

Conversely do you ever have those days when nothing sounds good ?

If you do how do you reconcile that in your judgment of cables 10’s and 100’s of hours apart ?
It's not about division and detail. And in terms of musicality, the sound should not tire, and this is basically an analogue of a lamp. But we said very much that if you have something decent from 7000 euros, you will hear cables... But digital devices are not stable... Well, sometimes we get tired... Sometimes it doesn’t play... Now I’m listening, everything seems to be ok. But something is missing and sometimes it’s just a reel-to-reel machine))) this is digital

Attachments

• 20231031_174145.JPG
    20231031_174145.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #4,712 of 4,760
Yeah I understand you say that but how do you judge that with confidence ?

Do you ever have those days when everything sounds fantastic and better than usual even with gear you use all the time ?

Conversely do you ever have those days when nothing sounds good ?

If you do how do you reconcile that in your judgment of cables 10’s and 100’s of hours apart ?
By the way
What changed after changing the cable and warming up for 200 hours.
It hasn’t gotten better or worse))) The culture of presenting material has become more intelligent and has changed. I was very surprised that such cheap headphones could play so intelligently. While there are no others, you need something for 3000 euros to open the device

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #4,713 of 4,760
I don’t think you understand what I am getting at.

You clearly put great faith in your assessment of sound differences even many hours apart like your hearing sensory ability is a finely tuned, calibrated and consistent machine, it is not, nobody’s is.

You keep mentioning very expensive equipment like that is the cause, presumably meaning cheaper commonly used equipment isn’t good enough to make these differences audible. I see a DAP running pretty run of the mill Beyerdynamic headphones.

You don’t seem to acknowledge the limitations and variability of the human auditory system and you don’t seem to indicate the potentially dramatic impact of expectations and biases on perception of sound alongside the natural variability created by our moods, heath, smells in the air etc etc, a whole raft of things that can and will alter what we perceive as sound even from the exact same equipment possibly only only a few hours apart.

I don’t want to argue the point with you but I suggest that if you could do a blind highly controlled ABX test with a new cable and one with 80 hours use you would not be able to pick them apart.

No criticism of you, that is just the limitations if human hearing and perception despite that you and many others discuss cable burn in like it is a demonstrable fact. It isn’t, there is no measurement that can show the effect but folks continue to insist their hearing is better than modern equipment can measure.

But I am done, admin doesn’t like good stories getting distorted by a technical question.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #4,714 of 4,760
I don’t think you understand what I am getting at.

You clearly put great faith in your assessment of sound differences even many hours apart like your hearing sensory ability is a finely tuned, calibrated and consistent machine, it is not, nobody’s is.

You keep mentioning very expensive equipment like that is the cause, presumably meaning cheaper commonly used equipment isn’t good enough to make these differences audible. I see a DAP running pretty run of the mill Beyerdynamic headphones.

You don’t seem to acknowledge the limitations and variability of the human auditory system and you don’t seem to indicate the potentially dramatic impact of expectations and biases on perception of sound alongside the natural variability created by our moods, heath, smells in the air etc etc, a whole raft of things that can and will alter what we perceive as sound even from the exact same equipment possibly only only a few hours apart.

I don’t want to argue the point with you but I suggest that if you could do a blind highly controlled ABX test with a new cable and one with 80 hours use you would not be able to pick them apart.

No criticism of you, that is just the limitations if human hearing and perception despite that you and many others discuss cable burn in like it is a demonstrable fact. It isn’t, there is no measurement that can show the effect but folks continue to insist their hearing is better than modern equipment can measure.

But I am done, admin doesn’t like good stories getting distorted by a technical question.
Everything you say is absolutely true.
But for all the same, the equipment must be decent to talk about changes. But our tiredness and stress are something else. I said what I feel and I’m not the only one.
Please forgive me if something is not correct
Best regards, Riz

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #4,715 of 4,760
Everything you say is absolutely true.
But for all the same, the equipment must be decent to talk about changes. But our tiredness and stress are something else. I said what I feel and I’m not the only one.
Please forgive me if something is not correct
Best regards, Riz

Thank you,

I totally understand your point but, forgive me being blunt, your feelings are not facts.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion.

I like Forza and the fabulous work they have done on the four of their cables I have and I don’t want to derail their thread any further.

Best regards.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #4,719 of 4,760
You may share my review on Facebook, people need to know that you make great cables. They make my headphones sound delicious! :L3000:
Excellent, thank you!

I have three pairs of FAW Noir Hybrid interconnect cables: RCA-RCA, XLR-XLR, XLR-RCA. The build quality and sound quality are superb!! ☑️
Thanks!

But to be honest, for me, the aluminum splitter just speaks quality to me.
Yup, that is my approach. It's either aluminium or possibly somewhere in the future wood.

I've noticed that interconnect cables seem to be FAW's Achilles' heel. I guess I've bought around a dozen cables/adapters from FAW over the years; a mix of headphone, USB & interconnect cables and, for what ever reason, the build quality of the latter is inferior to the others.
If I may ask, in what way? As in, these ICs break more easily? Or are they built below a certain standard?

I am very satisfied with the copper series HPC Mk2 for my Akg K371. It looks very good transparent seeing the shiny copper and is light weight with no microphonics. Also sounds great a step up from stock cable with more clarity and with a balanced sound.
Thank you!

But you should atleast give them 300hours.
The most noticeable difference occurs within first 100 hours, but I'm far from saying that additional hours don't matter :wink:

These cables feels so nice! First time trying other FAW cables than headphone…
Coax and USB in .5m

Hopefully connected in the weekend
Enjoy, if you haven't already :D

Hi everyone,

Just received Noir HPC Mk2 for my Focal Clear OG, so thought I'll share a couple of thoughts in case someone is considering the same choice.

First of all, the build quality appears excellent, since I've only used it for a few hours I can't comment on longevity but they do appear very solid.

Now, to the sound, here I need to give a couple of disclaimers first:
- I just paid money for this cable so I may be biased hoping it sounds better (hope it's not relevant but there's always a chance I'm lying to myself);
- the thoughts are specific to the setup I have: BluSound Node > Inakustik Premium Digital audio Toslink cable > RME ADI-2-DAC FS > Inakustik Premium stereo RCA > Feliks Euforia
So, after that, the comparison with the stock cable shipped with the Focals is very positive in favour of the Noir. In particular it's very obvious that the sound is more controlled (particularly noticeable in the bass), and the separation is much more refined. I preferred it to the stock cable in pretty much every genre I've tried (classical, jazz, blues, rap, rock). The only thing to note from my listening session is that the sound the cable gives the Clears is much more analytical, which may be a problem if you either don't like very analytical sound or have a much more analytical setup than mine (which with a tube amp is admittedly not on the cutting edge of analytical sound). Some people could prefer the guitar being more muddy or meaty even with my setup, it's a matter of preference, I definitely prefer the more controlled route of the Noir.

Overall highly recommend, not sure if the Noir is the best choice out of all FA's cables, but it definitely is a steal for this price.
Good stuff, thanks a ton!

FORZA should propose cables already burned in with an extra cost if necessary...
We were thinking about that and we still might, but nothing firm to announce just yet.

This is my first Forza AudioWorks cable. After searching around I decided to get one for my Meze Advar. The look is beautiful, feel great, solid, and havent had any issue with them. I got the Copper Series IEM Mk2 - Cable : Quad copper Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Insulation : Semi-transparent black, Length : 2m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced (male). Forza will be on my radar for future cables if I need them. Very happy with it.
I use these for my desktop hence why I got the 4-pin XLR termination. Only thing is that I miss having an ear hook, does anyone know a diy solution?

ADVARs are cool IEMs and worthy of a nice cable for sure. Was sold on these more than Rai Penta.

Actually, I think that our (as in, humans) capabilities of perceiving minuscule differences in sound are quite spectacular. The question is whether we pay enough attention to notice them, and whether our ears are trained enough to keep our attention at bits of music useful for telling the differnece. But that side, as for cable burn in, years ago I did such experiments with my own wires. I built three identical cables based on wires from the same spool and finished with the same plugs. One cable had 0 hours, the other 100, the third one about 300 IIRC, and each sounded somewhat differently here and there. I did that small test good 10 years ago with HD800 and was quite surprised myself.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #4,721 of 4,760
I bought one of these cables months ago to use with my ZMF, and I really don't like it. It makes the stage seem compressed in comparison to my Periapt cable.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #4,722 of 4,760
The most noticeable difference occurs within first 100 hours, but I'm far from saying that additional hours don't matter :wink:

Enjoy, if you haven't already :D

I connected the COAX/SPDIF, and I must say that it preserves the music very nicely vs a similar priced cable which I thought were neutral. The cable which I thought were neutral, actually feels like it takes something away from the music in contrast to your cable which preserves more details and texture…not only that, but the transients of the layers are more independent/free. I am going to compare it with a much more expensive cable.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #4,723 of 4,760
I bought one of these cables months ago to use with my ZMF, and I really don't like it. It makes the stage seem compressed in comparison to my Periapt cable.

I hear you and thanks for your feedback. Although I don't know the cable brand you listed nor its products, all I can say is that every now and then some folks like other cables stuff better than my goods, which is okay. Variety isn't a bad thing :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #4,724 of 4,760
I hear you and thanks for your feedback. Although I don't know the cable brand you listed nor its products, all I can say is that every now and then some folks like other cables stuff better than my goods, which is okay. Variety isn't a bad thing :)

Periapt is a well known brand, so I am surprised you haven't heard of them.

I bought your cable (Order: #008458 - Noir Hybrid HPC) because the guys in the LTA MZ3 thread were very complimentary about it. Sadly that hasn't been my experience, beautifully made though it clearly is.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #4,725 of 4,760
All cables from FAW has been a success for me on Hifimans, as my only experience. Beats every stock cables I have had. AryaV2 HE1000 Stealth and Susvara. Not to mention the cheap ones though, not worth it as they come with very bad cables imo(Sundara/HE400SE)

I sometime also prefer cables that are cheaper when it comes to interconnect or power cable. It is all preference.

--

Periapt looks very much like Hart cables. Same owner?

--

I just looked at the official website. The Periapt are shielded, is that serious? :sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back