Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #4,682 of 4,769
I am very satisfied with the copper series HPC Mk2 for my Akg K371. It looks very good transparent seeing the shiny copper and is light weight with no microphonics. Also sounds great a step up from stock cable with more clarity and with a balanced sound.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #4,683 of 4,769
Hi everyone,

Just received Noir HPC Mk2 for my Focal Clear OG, so thought I'll share a couple of thoughts in case someone is considering the same choice.

First of all, the build quality appears excellent, since I've only used it for a few hours I can't comment on longevity but they do appear very solid.

Now, to the sound, here I need to give a couple of disclaimers first:
- I just paid money for this cable so I may be biased hoping it sounds better (hope it's not relevant but there's always a chance I'm lying to myself);
- the thoughts are specific to the setup I have: BluSound Node > Inakustik Premium Digital audio Toslink cable > RME ADI-2-DAC FS > Inakustik Premium stereo RCA > Feliks Euforia
So, after that, the comparison with the stock cable shipped with the Focals is very positive in favour of the Noir. In particular it's very obvious that the sound is more controlled (particularly noticeable in the bass), and the separation is much more refined. I preferred it to the stock cable in pretty much every genre I've tried (classical, jazz, blues, rap, rock). The only thing to note from my listening session is that the sound the cable gives the Clears is much more analytical, which may be a problem if you either don't like very analytical sound or have a much more analytical setup than mine (which with a tube amp is admittedly not on the cutting edge of analytical sound). Some people could prefer the guitar being more muddy or meaty even with my setup, it's a matter of preference, I definitely prefer the more controlled route of the Noir.

Overall highly recommend, not sure if the Noir is the best choice out of all FA's cables, but it definitely is a steal for this price.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #4,684 of 4,769
Hi everyone,

Just received Noir HPC Mk2 for my Focal Clear OG, so thought I'll share a couple of thoughts in case someone is considering the same choice.

First of all, the build quality appears excellent, since I've only used it for a few hours I can't comment on longevity but they do appear very solid.

Now, to the sound, here I need to give a couple of disclaimers first:
- I just paid money for this cable so I may be biased hoping it sounds better (hope it's not relevant but there's always a chance I'm lying to myself);
- the thoughts are specific to the setup I have: BluSound Node > Inakustik Premium Digital audio Toslink cable > RME ADI-2-DAC FS > Inakustik Premium stereo RCA > Feliks Euforia
So, after that, the comparison with the stock cable shipped with the Focals is very positive in favour of the Noir. In particular it's very obvious that the sound is more controlled (particularly noticeable in the bass), and the separation is much more refined. I preferred it to the stock cable in pretty much every genre I've tried (classical, jazz, blues, rap, rock). The only thing to note from my listening session is that the sound the cable gives the Clears is much more analytical, which may be a problem if you either don't like very analytical sound or have a much more analytical setup than mine (which with a tube amp is admittedly not on the cutting edge of analytical sound). Some people could prefer the guitar being more muddy or meaty even with my setup, it's a matter of preference, I definitely prefer the more controlled route of the Noir.

Overall highly recommend, not sure if the Noir is the best choice out of all FA's cables, but it definitely is a steal for this price.
In 150 hours you will hear real improvements👌

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #4,688 of 4,769
Set a test signal to warm up the equipment. For example IsoTek - Full System Enhancer & Rejuvenation Disc Forget about it for 150 hours.))) The sound will change...Then it will stabilize. 2000t is a good player. But Bayerdynamic t5 gen2 are simple for him. But even here there was a huge leap... It didn’t get better or worse, it became more intelligent...
The culture of presenting material has changed

Attachments

• 20231031_175852.JPG
    20231031_175852.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #4,693 of 4,769
What do you mean by volume ?
150 hours of burning, which kind ?
Non stop low middle or high volume ?
Don’t overthink it. Just keep using the cable, and you should hear the sound slightly change over time, with 100 to 200 hours being the point at which it stops changing. Then, if you still don’t like it in your system, you can look for other options.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #4,694 of 4,769
7330AE9B-A572-44BC-AE92-8869C64C1DBA.jpeg

These cables feels so nice! First time trying other FAW cables than headphone…
Coax and USB in .5m

Hopefully connected in the weekend

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #4,695 of 4,769
@ferros
Cables shines from 200hours depending on which you bought imo. Also the connectors. But you should atleast give them 300hours.

Clair mk2 - 200 - 500hours
Clair HPC Hybrid 500 - 1000hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back