Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,177 of 4,760
Very nice pair. Question: Is the black sleeve on your cables a bit fuzzy in some areas? Not the actual cable, but above it mine had very fine loose strands of fabric from the same material as the sleeve. Most cleared up with use. Just wondering if that's always the state of this sleeve when new. It was also a tiny bit oily to the touch.

I have not seen this on any of my cables. But i have cleaned a bit up from the case they shipped in :).

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,179 of 4,760
Ah well never mind i shall cancel the order and get a refund..... Thankfully i paid by PayPal.

How dare they not have an individual person to answer e-mails 24/7?
How dare they not have your cable of choice ready and same day shipped?
After all why would a bespoke hifi cable company need time to do things?
Impatience is a virtue.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #2,180 of 4,760
OK so i am having some issues with Forza...... do they have a reputation for taking ages to respond to messages sent via their messaging system anyone? also are emails to a guy called Matt at Forza answered very slowly? I have waited over 48 hours for a reply to a message sent via their messaging system and have still not heard anything back from them. I wondered whether or not this was an isolated occurrence or more frequent.

Usually most of the emails are handled within 24h, but last few days we have a little bit of setback since we were finishing some big batch of cables, since you guys swarmed us in January and my team wanted to ship them out ASAP.

I hope I resolved all your doubts in the email I sent you rick3333 and you will enjoy your cable in next couple of days.

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #2,181 of 4,760
Please, if you would, post your impressions with the K812’s and the Forza cable (when you get the cable). I’m very curious about the synergy in comparison to the stock cable!

Alas i will not be posting my impressions as i have cancelled my order and got a refund.... sorry

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #2,182 of 4,760
Alas i will not be posting my impressions as i have cancelled my order and got a refund.... sorry

Does the UK work 24/7 like the U.S.? It was strange to read that a no-reply during the weekend was a deal breaker for you. Has Amazon trained us so? Or was it that you didn't want to buy from a small company once you were told that it is one (and would have been obvious, I would think).

It's not my intention to be mean. I was just honestly surprised how blunt your response was once you found out that the company might not respond during a weekend.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #2,183 of 4,760
Guys, all good. The man wants a refund and he'll get one. In the meantime I kindly ask everyone to keep this thread polite as the last thing needed here is trimming your posts by moderators. Again, all good :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,185 of 4,760
Which one for brighter Sennheiser HD250 and which one for studio headphone HD540? Noir Hybrid HPC or Noir HPC?

For HD540: I currenty enjoy very much OFC Class 6 Copper afttermarket cable from czech company Kabelguru with HD540. This cable is a little bass shy but otherwise very airy sounding and it has very sweet highs floating in airy space. It's timbre is very natural. I am happy with its sound, a lot, although slight increase in the amount of bass frequencies would be nice to have. But only as an side-effect, not as main effect that the cable focuses on. Of course I supported the bass with correct pads and thicker sounding amp.
For HD250: HD250 Linear 1 has brighter tonality so bass shy airy cable is not good match here, so I enjoy pretty much very thick homemade braided copper cable that looks exactly as Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC but it's material is probably of lesser quality. It's sound is not airy, it adds body and tight bass to the sound, but it is a little too aggresive sounding, which I slightly dislike.

I am VERY happy with both synergies, although there is always a place for an improvement, isn't it?

HD540 Ref 1 has nicely balanced neutral tonality with lots of air and microdetail and it works as a clean open window into the reality of sound, while HD250 Linear 1 is brighter sounding headphone and it has insane amount of highs, it is rather cold sounding and it works as a very emotional music presentation device. I would very much like to avoid changing sound of HD250 to the brighter side of things or making it warmer, but instead I would like it to be very natural sounding. For HD540 I need to keep it as airy and crispy as it is, but without the hit in bass area.

I am also consider getting full silver cable from ultimate line of lavricables. Did any of you had the chance to compare any of these two Forza cables with their pure silver offering on a neutral sounding headphones? If you did, PM me pls your findings.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #2,187 of 4,760
Ok I thought I would share my first experience with Forza.

I have mixed feelings and I will explain why.

First of all I found the communication excellent before I placed the order, a lot of detailed replies to help me make my decision, however after the order was placed the communication was not as good as I had to chase up emails several times. I don’t mind this as I run a small business too and I know you have to make decisions about priorities.

The order was placed and as stated less than two weeks later the cable was posted with a link to track this.

This is where things started to go wrong. The item was never delivered.

Matt was excellent throughout this process and said he would send me another cable out, as this would save time. This took a little longer than normal but he did as promised. I was pleased with this as my original package had actually been signed for …and it even looked like it could be my signature.

So as I say I was pleased with this, the communication again was not that good , having to chase things up several times, but I accept this like I say.

The cable arrived yesterday so I immediately attached it to my Andromedas.

The cable looked well made and looked good. I then decided to switch back to my ALO balanced cable that I purchased with the Andormedas. This is where the problems started . I could not remove the cable. After a good few minutes I got one free. The other side I could not remove at all, even using quite a bit of force. I have swapped cables a few times with CA products and I have never had an issue.

The result is I have broke my new cable as I had to use so much force it snapped off. I was at this stage concerned about the connection in My Andormedas so took the decision that I would rather lose the cable and not the use of the IEM.

There was no way that cable was coming out without the type of force I had to use. I had to get a pair of pliers in the end to free the cable.

So I have no cable two months down the line and I am out of pocket.. I don’t know what else I could have done though.

Anyone else have this issue with the MMCX connector from Forza?

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #2,188 of 4,760
Ok I thought I would share my first experience with Forza.

I have mixed feelings and I will explain why.

First of all I found the communication excellent before I placed the order, a lot of detailed replies to help me make my decision, however after the order was placed the communication was not as good as I had to chase up emails several times. I don’t mind this as I run a small business too and I know you have to make decisions about priorities.

The order was placed and as stated less than two weeks later the cable was posted with a link to track this.

Matt was excellent throughout this process and said he would send me another cable out, as this would save time. This took a little longer than normal but he did as promised. I was pleased with this as my original package had actually been signed for …and it even looked like it could be my signature.

So as I say I was pleased with this, the communication again was not that good , having to chase things up several times, but I accept this like I say.

The cable arrived yesterday so I immediately attached it to my Andromedas.

The cable looked well made and looked good. I then decided to switch back to my ALO balanced cable that I purchased with the Andormedas. This is where the problems started . I could not remove the cable. After a good few minutes I got one free. The other side I could not remove at all, even using quite a bit of force. I have swapped cables a few times with CA products and I have never had an issue.

The result is I have broke my new cable as I had to use so much force it snapped off. I was at this stage concerned about the connection in My Andormedas so took the decision that I would rather lose the cable and not the use of the IEM.

There was no way that cable was coming out without the type of force I had to use. I had to get a pair of pliers in the end to free the cable.

So I have no cable two months down the line and I am out of pocket.. I don’t know what else I could have done though.

Anyone else have this issue with the MMCX connector from Forza?

I've had a Forza Hybrid coupled to Andromeda (OG) for a few months now and haven't experienced the problem you're having despite detaching the Iem's (only) two or three times. I will mention that the Andromedas are the latest generation and when I first plugged the Forza cable in I was delighted that it was a much more secure fit over the OE balanced cable,as it made that reassuring 'Click' sound when plugged in, iirc I found the OE cable very easy to detach/too loose in its socket for my liking. Sorry but my experience has been the Polar opposite

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #2,189 of 4,760
I've had a Forza Hybrid coupled to Andromeda (OG) for a few months now and haven't experienced the problem you're having despite detaching the Iem's (only) two or three times. I will mention that the Andromedas are the latest generation and when I first plugged the Forza cable in I was delighted that it was a much more secure fit over the OE balanced cable,as it made that reassuring 'Click' sound when plugged in, iirc I found the OE cable very easy to detach/too loose in its socket for my liking. Sorry but my experience has been the Polar opposite

I may have just been unlucky then. It is a shame and I will just put it down to a bed experience, but there was no way that cable was coming out without a lot of force.
My Andromedas are also the latest version as they are only a week old

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #2,190 of 4,760

I've currently got the same problem. Royal Mail "delivered", signature obtained, but not delivered and signature not even close to mine.
I don't blame Matt for this, this is a Royal Mail problem and I'm trying to get resolution with them.

It's great service by Matt to send a new cable to you.

My cable was bespoke, and I had to send him an OEM cable to use the proprietary connectors, so I can't just order another cable.

Just to be clear I didn't order through the website, it was done via email with Matt, so I didn't think to ask him to use the insured delivery service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back