Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #2,146 of 4,769
so FAW made balanced cable too!

kafvuCa.jpg

Jan 6, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #2,148 of 4,769
Nice. I presume the price is honest.
The wire is 26awg?

I actually bought two pairs one .5m and another 1m for 676Eur total. Don't know the specific details of the wire, I just told Matt to make me his best Interconnects. When I asked about why the price is more than a long run headphone cable he previously made for me, he replied:

"- The cost of materials. XLRs by Furutech aren't cheap, also every cable
is made of 8 wires/channel and in case of Noir HPC cable it is 4
wires/channel
- Different design. XLR cables work best with shield and the cable
preparation itself and applying it is a small nightmare. One pair of
interconnects require twice as much time to finish than one 4m Noir
cable. To be honest I prefer to make few Noir HPC cables than one pair
of interconnects - much, much more pleasant work :)"

I actually never used the .5m ones in the picture due to me changing my mind about adding a preamp to my system. The 1m are getting put to good use and noticeable improvement over PYST interconnects.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #2,149 of 4,769
I have not had any communication with FAW, yet, so I am not sure how long the wait will be? I just went on their website and placed my order yesterday. I really like how easy it was to navigate their website, and how simple the choices are. I will let you know, how it goes.
Man oh man! So far, I am impressed! I placed my order online on Friday, and first thing this Monday morning, I got an email from FAW, saying my cable will be ready and shipped within the next 5 business days :L3000: This is how you do business! I am even more excited now, about this cable, knowing that I don't have to wait months to get it.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #2,150 of 4,769
Man oh man! So far, I am impressed! I placed my order online on Friday, and first thing this Monday morning, I got an email from FAW, saying my cable will be ready and shipped within the next 5 business days :L3000: This is how you do business! I am even more excited now, about this cable, knowing that I don't have to wait months to get it.

As long as we have all parts in stock, things move fast. If we don't have to wait for anything (luckily this doesn't happen too often), everyone's happy. If I can avoid orders piled up, I surely will.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #2,151 of 4,769
As long as we have all parts in stock, things move fast. If we don't have to wait for anything (luckily this doesn't happen too often), everyone's happy. If I can avoid orders piled up, I surely will.
Awesome! Thanks for the info and communication.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,153 of 4,769
iKORAvB.jpg
fOXGwkr

I ordered the FAW Color HPC cable with a 6,3mm Neutrik jack, for use with my HD 660S and my Schiit stack. So far i have zero complaints other than the cable having to be pushed in to the headphones, rather than clicking into the headphones like the stock cable. The grey sleeving feels excellent and I will certainly be ordering more cables in the future!

Greetings From Germany!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #2,154 of 4,769
iKORAvB.jpg
fOXGwkr

I ordered the FAW Color HPC cable with a 6,3mm Neutrik jack, for use with my HD 660S and my Schiit stack. So far i have zero complaints other than the cable having to be pushed in to the headphones, rather than clicking into the headphones like the stock cable. The grey sleeving feels excellent and I will certainly be ordering more cables in the future!

Greetings From Germany!

I'm happy that you like my work. Thanks. If you need anything else, I'm around. Until then, enjoy!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #2,156 of 4,769
Just registered to give feedback about my positive experiences with FAW cables :)
I'd like to thank Matt for answering all of my questions so detailed and also for his patience!

I ordered the Claire HPC Mk2 Cable with a 6.3mm ViaBlue jack in semi-transparent black for my HD650s (images will follow).
I was looking for an upgrade from my HPC Color Series with less microscopics.
The Claire HPC Mk2 pair really well with my current setup (Schiit Valhalla 2/Bifrost) and look beautiful.

The sound is not a night and day difference, but it certainly improves the sound on my HD650.
Highs are more smooth, low-end got a little bit more punch and I hear also a little bit more soundstage/resolution.
Also it is much louder than before: I don't have to turn Valhalla to 1 o'clock (more like 11 o'clock) to hear everything.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,157 of 4,769
Just registered to give feedback about my positive experiences with FAW cables :)
I'd like to thank Matt for answering all of my questions so detailed and also for his patience!

I ordered the Claire HPC Mk2 Cable with a 6.3mm ViaBlue jack in semi-transparent black for my HD650s (images will follow).
The Claire HPC Mk2 pair really well with my current setup (Schiit Valhalla 2/Bifrost) and look beautiful.

The sound is not a night and day difference, but it certainly improves the sound on my HD650.
Highs are more smooth, low-end got a little bit more punch and I hear also a little bit more soundstage/resolution.
Also it is much louder than before: I don't have to turn Valhalla to 1 o'clock (more like 11 o'clock) to hear everything.
That's great stuff! I have 2 cables on order and can't wait to get them. I went with the Claire HPC Mk2 for my ZMF cans, as well as the Copper Series 20awg Extended Bass Version for my MrSpeakers cans. I am really excited to see and hear the 20awg Copper Series.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #2,158 of 4,769

Many thanks for your feedback. Each counts, good and bad.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,159 of 4,769
I just wanted to give a big shout out to Matt and FAW! I placed 2 orders, one on the 4th and then another on the 8th and they both shipped on the 11th. Now that is some service!

Thanks,

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back