Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #1,983 of 4,764
Hello everyone,

I am interested into buying a Forza cable for my Focal Clear which I use with my Fiio X7 II.
I am a bit confuse in Forza lineup :frowning2:
I am looking for a short cable (1m-1.5m) with a 2.5mm TRRS termination and I want to keep the Focal Clear neutral sound as much as possible.
Can you guys give me some advices about which cable to choose? :)

In my brief recent email exchanges with Matt (an ex-partner mid way through a bitter divorce is probably more communicative than Matt) he advised that his 'Noir' was slightly coloured and the 'Claire Hybrid HPC' very clear and neutral. I bought the Claire Hybrid for my HD660S's and it is indeed neutral and very clear, a great cable. Would love to hear his 'Noir Hybrid' if only to compare, but am very happy with the cable I purchased, though there is a caveat, that being that since plugging the Claire H cable into my HD660S's it leaves me pining for a pair of HD800's

IMAG0636.jpg

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,984 of 4,764
Any thoughts on which would be better for my HE-500, the Forza Copper Series HPC Mk2 (w/AWG20) or the Claire HPC Mk2?

Edit to add: I am mainly looking for a cable that is easier to manage; the stock ones seem very stiff and some how end up in the way. The stock cable is also very noisy when it rubs against my shirt. So I want something a bit more flexible and not as noisy.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #1,985 of 4,764
I looked up Matts email regarding his Claire Hybrid HPC......

" If you want some all-rounder giving you the best performance for your HD660 in as many aspects as possible, Id say go with Claire Hybrid - it is very impactful and dynamic with neutral sound signature (but not boring at all!). It also nicely boosts the technical aspects like sound stage and imaging. All in all very good match for hd660 in most setups"

hth

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #1,986 of 4,764
In my brief recent email exchanges with Matt (an ex-partner mid way through a bitter divorce is probably more communicative than Matt) he advised that his 'Noir' was slightly coloured and the 'Claire Hybrid HPC' very clear and neutral. I bought the Claire Hybrid for my HD660S's and it is indeed neutral and very clear, a great cable. Would love to hear his 'Noir Hybrid' if only to compare, but am very happy with the cable I purchased, though there is a caveat, that being that since plugging the Claire H cable into my HD660S's it leaves me pining for a pair of HD800's

I have a Hybrid Noir terminated to 4.4mm balanced cable to use my HD800SD with my WM1A. A very nice cable.

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #1,988 of 4,764
I received my Hybrid Series cable for my Focal Clear yesterday and what I can say after testing it for 2h is that I am very surprised! And in a good way!
I bought it mostly for usability... I was bored of using the 3m balanced XLR cable provided with the Clear so I chose the 1.25m.
But damn what a jump in sound quality! The soundstage is wider and deeper and also the layering and the instruments separation is well improved!
Need a little more testing and burning but I am already very happy with my purchase :)

IMG_20180816_203556.jpg IMG_20180816_203627.jpg

Aug 18, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #1,989 of 4,764
Hello everyone
I just sended a PM to Matthew, but I don't know if he'll have the time to answer my question... Maybe you can help...

Which cable would you recommend to pair with Kennerton Magister (+ Sony WM1Z DAP and Fostex HPV1 portable amp) :
Hybrid Hpc ?
Claire Hpc Mk2 ?
Claire hybrid Hpc ?
Noir Hpc Mk2 ?

Of course, cheaper would/could be better, as I bought the Magister (and the Fostex) second hand, and don't want, if possible, to invest half the price of the headphones in replacement cable...

Thank in advance for you for advice :)

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,992 of 4,764
Hello everyone
I just sended a PM to Matthew, but I don't know if he'll have the time to answer my question... Maybe you can help...

Which cable would you recommend to pair with Kennerton Magister (+ Sony WM1Z DAP and Fostex HPV1 portable amp) :
Hybrid Hpc ?
Claire Hpc Mk2 ?
Claire hybrid Hpc ?
Noir Hpc Mk2 ?

Of course, cheaper would/could be better, as I bought the Magister (and the Fostex) second hand, and don't want, if possible, to invest half the price of the headphones in replacement cable...

Thank in advance for you for advice :)

Shoot me a mail and I'll do my best to help you.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Aug 20, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,993 of 4,764

Not sure what others think, but this setup has a perfect sense. I wouldn't throw it away :ksc75smile:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Aug 24, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,995 of 4,764
Does anyone know what's wrong with Matt? I've sent soms cables for modification in early August, but I still do not have them. He responds slowly to email and sometimes not at all.
Try through facebook or just keep emailing him. He’ll get back eventually. Read past few pages of posts - we’ve all had that problem but eventually Matt pulls through

Users who are viewing this thread

Back