Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,996 of 4,764
Does anyone know what's wrong with Matt? I've sent soms cables for modification in early August, but I still do not have them. He responds slowly to email and sometimes not at all.
He's not the most organized person in the world. Makes up for it with his craftsmanship though.

Aug 24, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,997 of 4,764
He's not the most organized person in the world. Makes up for it with his craftsmanship though.

Can't argue with that. Both things improve steadily though.

@HD800NL, check your email please :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Aug 26, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #1,999 of 4,764
Aug 26, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,002 of 4,764
Can you guys resend you emails? Most of the emails are taken care within around 48h and if they are not, then usually the answer lands in SPAM. Recently it happens pretty often especially with gmail addresses.
i sent trough your message service in the site. but also i have sent a PM on head-fi. so, please, if you respond to my PM, i made my order. thank you
Edit: where is your mail? only found message service in the site

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #2,003 of 4,764
Hey guys, I thought I would post a little write up and some pics of my Hybrid IEM cable now that I have given it some solid daily use over the last few weeks. Please excuse me if any of this is a little unclear, as I am ill at the moment.

I originally ordered the cable back in March, received 2 weeks later and after a few days decided that the L-Shpaed MMCX connectors just weren't working for me. I found them far too tight for my larger than average ears, so they kept on slowly pulling my IEMs out of my ears and breaking the seal. I spoke to Matt and he offered to change them for straight MMCX connectors at no charge, and I finally received them a few weeks ago. Yes that's a long wait, and you can check my post history in this thread for more detail on that but I will focus on the cable in this post now.

Since buying the Shure SE846 and FiiO X7 earlier this year, I decided to take advantage of the Balanced output. I purchased the FiiO Balanced cable but instantly realised that it was not going to stand up to the daily use while travelling to and from work. The sound quality was great, but the cable looked and felt like a cheap plastic necklace that you would find in a Christmas Cracker! I realised I needed a more sturdy cable and decided on the Forza Hybrid Series IEM cable and a TRRS to 3.5mm extension/adaptor.

I will keep this short and just say that the build quality is excellent, the cable feels very high quality. Sturdy, yet has an almost 'soft' touch to the plastic sheath. The copper/silver design of the cable looks great as well, and really goes well with my Shure SE846 IEMs. I wont say too much on sound quality as I know it can be a can of worms with whether different cables have any effect on the sound, but I will say that my IEMs have never sounded better. To be honest, I only ordered the Hybrid over the Copper series because I thought it looked nicer!

Anyway, for anyone looking at buying one of these cables and is concerned about the L-Shaped MMCX connectors, I would say speak to Matt about having the straight ones instead. If you have small ears, the L-Spaed connector might work well, but for anyone else I would definitely recommend the Straight connector. The fit is excellent for me now and I'm glad I can finally enjoy my completed portable setup!

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. But for now, here are a load of pics because I was bored. Sorry for quality, they were taken with my phone.

DSC_0507.JPG DSC_0505.JPG DSC_0503.JPG DSC_0500.JPG DSC_0462.JPG DSC_0463.JPG DSC_0473.JPG DSC_0483.JPG DSC_0485.JPG DSC_0490.JPG DSC_0494.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,004 of 4,764
Someone knows the left and right of this cable? Thank you
15363266817547009681993153096050.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #2,009 of 4,764
So my second order from forza audio works.
first colourline 3.5 mm to rca and second a colour line extender to activate aux mode in my lg v30.
i have connected my phone to my speakers system listening tidal via usbaudioplayerpro.
really satisfied with this cables.
20180907_142502.jpg 20180907_172750.jpg

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #2,010 of 4,764
The Noir HPC Mk2 cable for my HE1000 has arrived. After extensive listening and comparison here are my impression about the cable. The cable is extremely flexible and economics is top level. Compared to the stock cable, the Noir HPC Mk2 is slightly warmer, bring more midrange and better texture to the vocals. Vocals are more emotional and have a larger weight. The sub-bass has better extension while the midbass has a slightly stronger punch. The 8 wire construction of the HPC Mk2 gives a wider soundstage and better instrumental separation. Since it is an 8 wire copper cable, it would smooth out some high frequency, but I am confident that a similar amount of detail can be perceived. Generally, from my impression, the HPC Mk2 pairs well with the HE1000 and also other brighter or neutral-bright headphones.

IMG_20180909_120958.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back