Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #454 of 4,764
Sep 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #455 of 4,764
New cable bling arrived from Polska, today!  Very excited how it looks and sounds connecting my DragonFly 1.2 to my new FiiO E11K.  Nice build quality; especially the connectors (very solid click into the jacks) and I like the wraps around the connectors.  
I am a loyal customer... next step: replacement cables for my HD 650s 
L3000.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #456 of 4,764
I'd like to order a FAW Claire cable for my Hifiman HE-500, but I'm bit puzzled as I cannot get the VAT amount deducted even though I reside out of the EU?

-- Edit -- Contacted Matthew and he says unfortunately they don't have the capacity to manage the VAT deductions. Pity, their cables look really high quality, but the European VAT fees are a bit tough to stomach.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #457 of 4,764
Just wanted to give a hat tip to Matthew and give a showing of appreciation. I had Matthew build me an Audeze LCD2 cable and a LOD. I just recently got them and recognizing the build quality and value put in an order for an HD800 cable. 

Matthew provides headphones cables with premium build quality and premium materials at a reasonable price.... sometimes 1/2 to 1/4 the price of some of the more notorious companies that are "committed" to the headphone community. 

He is also a good guy to deal with. Every time I'd start to get a bit nervous or anxious with the waiting game and would hit him up for an update, Matt would respond personally to emails in minutes. That makes a huge difference when you are dealing with custom products with long lead times. And it sadly hasn't been my experience dealing with other similar companies who are asking much higher prices. 

So thank you Matthew for pimping out my portable rig.

Audeze LCD2 Copper Series Mk2 with AWG20 OCC Copper

iPod Line Out Dock - Copper Series 

The Portable Rig With All Its Jewelry On!

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #458 of 4,764
  I'd like to order a FAW Claire cable for my Hifiman HE-500, but I'm bit puzzled as I cannot get the VAT amount deducted even though I reside out of the EU?

-- Edit -- Contacted Matthew and he says unfortunately they don't have the capacity to manage the VAT deductions. Pity, their cables look really high quality, but the European VAT fees are a bit tough to stomach.

So could you just clarify - I am in Japan with a non-EU passport and I still have to pay VAT ? 

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #459 of 4,764

So could you just clarify - I am in Japan with a non-EU passport and I still have to pay VAT ? 

It would appear so. Matthew said it can be worked around if you use courier delivery, but then it adds a bit to the shipping total. I'll see if I can mail him and ask him to clarify on the forum here. VAT in most places in Europe is around 20% so its quite hefty.

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #460 of 4,764
To clear some things up about the VAT :)

In a perfect world where all the tax authorities are nice, kind and doing everything to help small businesses to expand and export as much goods as they can to make the economy grow, Polish tax authorities would allow me to send every single package outside EU without any problems. Unfortunately we don't live in such place (maybe others do, but not me) and to send such package:

1) It has to be sent by EMS (while using post) because Polish Post can give you package numbers before sending the package, in any other method (Polish Post Registered Priority) you get the number at the very moment of actual sending the package. It is very important because you have to put the number of the package in the custom document (called SAD) that you have to send to customs office before sending the package. 1:0 to bureaucracy, I cannot use cheaper shipping in such cases.

2) To actually send the package with 0% VAT, I have to fill the export document (SAD) to every single package. To show you how messed up filling this document is, I can just write that there is a manual for filling this document (SAD) and it has... 198 pages. I consider myself pretty smart person, studied scientific field of study, but this is just pure black magic, made just for ppl like me that won't be able to fill it. Bang! Matthew 0:2 Polish government

3) Of course it can be done, but the choices are two (both include money of course). The first one is giving this job to commercial customs agency or sending it by DHL, UPS or any other courier. In first case they will take around 30-50Eur, depending on a country, number of packages and items. The second usually will take nothing, but it costs around 80-90Eur to most countries ...0:3 and I give up.

I don't even mention a lot of time involved driving from place to place, money spent on the gas etc.

A you can see, that is why there is not such option on the website anymore and usually it is only a good idea, when the VAT of the order is a bigger amount than the money spent on a courier (80-90Eur). In case of Polish 23% VAT rate its around 430Eur of cables. Though to help you out in some extent I will be happy to declare all other packages in any way ("gift" etc.) - just send me email (I would feel really pissed if I paid VAT in one country plus VAT and customs in my country). Polish government in this case (and many more) are a bunch of ******** and I want to bang my head against the wall when they from time to time discuss why the export numbers are not growing faster than they would like to. Maybe they should see, how other countries in EU are doing it, cause they managed to deal with such stupid issues way faster 
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW. I can tell you a different story - how customs authorities are forcing me to pay import VAT and customs for RMA'd cables sent to me for rapair. This is another things which is blowing my mind, but its a story for another day :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #461 of 4,764

i asked them about this and they said since the tax deduction takes much effort thus they cant manage it, nice cables but cant stand this case where you need to pay for something that should not be there T__T
anw,great value for EU customers

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #462 of 4,764

It also works the other way round: As a European citizen, if I were to order something from Japan / United States / ... I pay a +- 21% tax fee on top of the actual price (which probably already contains taxes from the originating country, so I'm paying taxes twice).

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #463 of 4,764
Thanks guys.  
If I were able to enjoy the benefits of living in the EU, I wouldn`t hesitate.   
However, I think this is a dealbreaker for me too.   I buy things from all over the world and there seems to always be the option to declare non-taxation for non-residents. . .   

Would it really be so hard for Forza to get around this?

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #464 of 4,764
  Thanks guys.  
If I were able to enjoy the benefits of living in the EU, I wouldn`t hesitate.   
However, I think this is a dealbreaker for me too.   I buy things from all over the world and there seems to always be the option to declare non-taxation for non-residents. . .   

Would it really be so hard for Forza to get around this?

Its not like I am doing it on purpose or have some benefits from it. Its is in my interest to have as low prices as possible to attract people around the world and I have no special desire to put this burden and make other people pay this 23% to support my "beloved" government. Trust me I am pissed every single time I have to send an email responding to VAT exemption question and personally I do not know any single company here in Poland succeeding to go around those rules and not breaking them.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back