Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #2,267 of 4,760
Not sure what you mean. I was referring to using the Noir Hybrid. Their top of the line. It’s copper and silver. Not copper plated silver.

He's referring to the fact you said "all silver cable". Just a typo I'm sure :)

Thank you for your impressions, appreciate them. I'm still in two minds between the "basic" Copper Series HPC Mk2 and the Hybrid Series HPC. I'm intrigued by the silver, but just don't want an overly bright cable.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,268 of 4,760

Thank you for your impressions, appreciate them. I'm still in two minds between the "basic" Copper Series HPC Mk2 and the Hybrid Series HPC. I'm intrigued by the silver, but just don't want an overly bright cable.

It won't make your Clear more bright but the Clear is a bit brighter than the rest of the open Focal lineup unlike the Utopia that can hardly be accused of being bright, it's a damn good and very musical phone with very good extension while remaining smooth.
I think the hybrids are a really good choice for all Focal phones. I haven't heard the coppers yet but I ordered a few for my less expensive phones. For the Senn 600 and 800 range I chose hybrid. Maybe the price of the 600 range doesn't justify a cable in this price range but their quality does.
I use 1 cable for 6 phones I have in the range though so that justifies the cost more.
Not that Matt's cables can be called expensive though, compared to what some other cable-makers dare to ask they're plain cheap and of real good quality.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #2,269 of 4,760
Not sure what you mean. I was referring to using the Noir Hybrid. Their top of the line. It’s copper and silver. Not copper plated silver.

Full silver cables exist, Forza just doesn't have them, they have hybrid and OFCopper.
Copper plated silver? Haven't seen a lot of those.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #2,270 of 4,760

Oh yea. Typo. I’m claiming it was daylight saving time. :)

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2,272 of 4,760
Oh yea. Typo. I’m claiming it was daylight saving time. :)

Of course all silver cables exist. So do copper plated silver as well.

Yeah, that can mess people up. DST already? Where are you located?
Here they changed that over a decade ago to two weeks later or something.

Really? Beats me why someone would cover up silver with copper. Which company is that and more importantly do they sell many of those?
I usually hear a lot more about silver plated copper and indeed, true hybrid like you say, silver and copper strands mixed or in separate "veins" of your cable.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #2,275 of 4,760
Uh oh. Typo number 2. Should be silver plated copper.

From NJ. I better log off to prevent further eff ups. Lol.

Ah, sorry, I thought you already realized the typo, didn't even realize you made it a second time.
Maybe they do exist though, could be that there's a reason to do it the other way around.

In any case I'm not much of a believer in upgraded cables and certainly not if they cost a disgusting amount of money.
Not saying cables can't make a difference but usually if I seem to hear a difference I think it's more in my mind than anything else.
One time I was sure I heard a difference but that was with a (what I find to be) really expensive interconnect i had a chance to try.

I buy upgraded headphone cables because I need a long length and I always want a soft fabric sleeve, don't like rubber and hard nylon sleeves.
I find Matt's cables very well made and of very nice quality and they do sound good.
And as I said, the price is very affordable compared to some other headphone cable makers that can be ridiculously priced.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,276 of 4,760
I'd argue that Silver plated copper would be truer to the definition of 'Hybrid' than separate strands, not that I'm a pedant :)

I think they'd both be valid. In any case I think hybrid is the most logical choice considering what people find to be the attributes of different cable materials, more than pure copper or silver. And gold is too crazy anyway.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,277 of 4,760
Sorry guys from a bit of email pile up, a bit of health issues made last few days tough on us. Give me couple of hours and by the end of the day you can expect the info you requested :)

Did you get to answering those mails Matt and if so didn't you forget one?
Waiting for 5 cables and 3 adaptors here ... :wink:

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,279 of 4,760
So... is the consensus (so far) that a Hybrid would be better than a Copper Series?

As I said, not much of a believer but not a nay-sayer either but in theory, yes.
I chose between copper and hybrid according to what the headphones they are for are worth in my opinion; how good they are and what their use/purpose will be.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,280 of 4,760
So... is the consensus (so far) that a Hybrid would be better than a Copper Series?

I have 3 Forza Hybrid cables, A Claire Hybrid for my HD660S OE's and the Hybrid for my IE80S & CA Andromeda iem's. Unlike AppleheadMay I found they really did improve every element of SQ over the OE cables. Unless your current phones are overly bright I'd recommend Hybrid all day long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back