Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Apr 18, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #3,256 of 3,854
  Is there some us broadcast that streams all races live and is available outside the US? Skysports is driving me even more nuts with their bias then Viasat we have over here and my german is to bad.

Fun race anyway this season is  shaping up much better then the last. 

They aren't doing *all* the races, but if you can find a stream of Channel 4, broadcast in the UK, you can see 10 of them live. They don't do the support races though.

http://f1.channel4.com/

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #3,257 of 3,854

Which explains why Button has no need to drive the car before Monaco
biggrin.gif

Seems like no-one can drive it anyway, its broken again!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129045/more-honda-trouble-after-just-two-laps-of-test

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #3,258 of 3,854
Yeah he also doesn't need to be fit, if he is going to spend most of his time in pits.

Apparently he prefers the simulator, but Massa makes a very good point here about the tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129005/?_ga=1.103894144.1225765163.1492511932

The first time he'll be on the new rubber will be first practice in Monaco. No run-offs, just concrete and metal barriers. He's given up the opportunity to test the limits on a much safer track, but cites that the two tracks are so different it wont help. I don't buy that....

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #3,259 of 3,854
  Another bad day for Honda. Zak played well to keep negative publicity away by Alonso Indy opportunity.

Its actually quite astonishing how bad the Honda (F1) engine is, but as racers will slapping their name on the side of a car with an existing team really raise the moral (or the value) of Mclaren as a racing outfit?  

There's more to this. My guess is Alonso has given them an ultimatum with respect to his contract. A lot of the top drivers have clauses in their contracts if the team don't perform to a certain standard. I bet is that he's flexing this, whatever the official line is.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #3,261 of 3,854

Its actually quite astonishing how bad the Honda (F1) engine is, but as racers will slapping their name on the side of a car with an existing team really raise the moral (or the value) of Mclaren as a racing outfit?  

There's more to this. My guess is Alonso has given them an ultimatum with respect to his contract. A lot of the top drivers have clauses in their contracts if the team don't perform to a certain standard. I bet is that he's flexing this, whatever the official line is.

Easily going down as the longest long term failure in F1 history. At least all the rumors of Honda selling that engine to other teams have dried up. How McLaren can keep on down this road is mind boggling. The money they are losing must be reaching staggering levels by now.

Lets remember this is Alonso, master of torpedoing his own career with the poorest choices a human can make at any given time. In spite of the hype, I really do not expect a whole lot at Indy. He does not really need to give them an ultimatum as he is out of contract end of season. With the grid so small in F1 now where would he go?  Full time Indycar is a step into obscurity.

Given his history odds would be on his return to Ferrari.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #3,264 of 3,854

Interesting, although probably not as much as a 'shock' as the journalist makes out. He'll be talking to all sorts of people given his situation.

Given Renaults current level of performance that would only be a step up one spot on the grid or so. In other words it would be completely consistent with his career management thus far.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,265 of 3,854

Given Renaults current level of performance that would only be a step up one spot on the grid or so. In other words it would be completely consistent with his career management thus far.

But when he steps out of the car Mclaren honda will find form and take the WC :D

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #3,268 of 3,854
Yes. That just keeps getting more and more painful. Come the next race they might as well just skip qualifying and save wear on the engines. They will both be at the back of the grid for the rest of the season no matter what.

And back up are the Honda to sell the motors to other teams rumours. Oddly Honda wont mention names. Who in their right mind would drop a working motor for the incredible rotating time bomb?

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #3,270 of 3,854
Sauber was the rumour I heard yesterday. Kinda makes sense - you couldn't really make that team any worse...

Still. They are managing to finish races which is something the Honda powerplant cannot seem to manage. 3 seconds a lap at Sochi is pure brutality. Alonso will be stressing that unit trying to retire the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back