For those of you who listen to music in bed, do you have a dedicated bedroom set-up?
Nov 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #16 of 22
My bediside rig is a Little Dot 1+ pushing an AKG K701 with a 160GB iPod as a source. The LD is set to low gain and works extremely well with my 701s. These plus a Kindle gets all the kinks out after a long stressful day.

Nice. I am thinking about putting my LD1+ at my bedside also.....just need to pick me up a modi....or just get an Aune T1 or something.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #17 of 22

I have this bedside, but I don't listen on the bed - my collapsible director's chair is right next to it and I just basically clamber and roll over onto the bed, since I sometimes start dozing off after an hour. I fold it back up in the morning and slip it next to my bags (camera, laptop, office stuff, in various configurations and sizes).

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 22
@whirlwind: my LD1+'s sound signature (am running WE 408As) is perfect for bedside listening. last night i found out that it also has the magic to make a tumbler of Jack Daniel's taste even better! good luck on your set-up! :)

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 22
  sennheiser px100ii and laptop lays on my chest.

A bit offtopic, but I fear this might not be very healthy. The laptop, just like many other pieces of electric equipment (especially their transformers, but other parts as well) emits a certain amount of electromagnetic radiation. I've picked up a little measuring toy called "Gaussmaster" a couple of years ago and checked the laptop, among other things. According to the scale of the apparatus (which has different colors on it to show where the officially dangerous values begin), the bottom of the laptop is too "hot". I'm pretty sure this is true for other laptops as well, not just for mine. I would avoid a prolonged exposure of my chest organs (or genitals when keeping where its name suggests - in my lap) - think about it in cumulative terms. Just a personal opinion, do as you wish, but perhaps you could at least consider a bit of research on this topic .

Sorry for the digression.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #21 of 22

A bit offtopic, but I fear this might not be very healthy. The laptop, just like many other pieces of electric equipment (especially their transformers, but other parts as well) emits a certain amount of electromagnetic radiation. I've picked up a little measuring toy called "Gaussmaster" a couple of years ago and checked the laptop, among other things. According to the scale of the apparatus (which has different colors on it to show where the officially dangerous values begin), the bottom of the laptop is too "hot". I'm pretty sure this is true for other laptops as well, not just for mine. I would avoid a prolonged exposure of my chest organs (or genitals when keeping where its name suggests - in my lap) - think about it in cumulative terms. Just a personal opinion, do as you wish, but perhaps you could at least consider a bit of research on this topic .

Sorry for the digression.

I also have a router in my room. I'm a caretaker so I'm always at home and always around Wi-Fi.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #22 of 22

I also have a router in my room. I'm a caretaker so I'm always at home and always around Wi-Fi.

Dude, that's nothing... I have a LTE basestation in my office and  GSM basestation in my home. I'm a mobile telecoms R&D engineer
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back