For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 12, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #18,511 of 20,810
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble “Couldn’t Stand the Weather” > Topping D10 > Adcom GFP-565 > Cary Rocket 88 > Stax SRD-7 > Stax SR-X mrk III

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #18,512 of 20,810
Job For A Cowboy - Moon Healer
Neo 5 / RU7 / iPhone pro max 15 / Qobuz
IMG_6868.jpeg
Randomly thought about this local death metal band I saw in a backyard as a teen and am pleased they just released a new album like, last month. Fun to rediscover, this rips.

IMG_6866.jpeg

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #18,517 of 20,810
Waiting for my gear to arrive after it got diverted to the wrong airport. 🙄

I've got the ThieAudio Prestige LTDs on for two reasons: 1) They kick ass and 2) As an UIEM, they're easier to take in and out than my CIEMs when I have to deal with these people. 😜 Still running everything off the A&K Kann Alpha.

On deck in my airport lounge queue is The Songs & Tales of Airoea - Book III by The Chronicles of Father Robin (released 2024). So these guys take the whole fantasy novel themed story telling through prog ballads quite seriously, but even if that isn't your thing, the music is great. Personally, I don't mind the storytelling bit as long as it's well executed and, in this case, it most certainly is. Definitely worth checkin' out for my prog fans out there. 🤘😎

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #18,518 of 20,810
Tidal >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

mezzanine.jpg

Mezzanine (1998) by Massive Attack - Not my usual music type but I've started re-watching House MD and can't get Teardrop out of my head. My trusty RS-1x would have been entirely inappropriate for this, so I switched to my DT1990's and they handle the copious amounts of bass very well and the overall sound is actually very good. Teardrop is the obvious standout, it is a pretty fantastic piece of music but the rest of the album is far from disappointing, Black Milk is also very good, which unsurprisingly also features Elizabeth Fraser, the vocalist on Teardrop. :darthsmile:

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #18,519 of 20,810
It's Myrath's latest album, 'Karma,' released just last week. I don't think they're on Bandcamp, but you can find the album on all streaming platforms.

Myrath_Karma_01-500x500.jpeg
Thanks for the update, I'm currently going through their catalogue - I like :L3000:

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #18,520 of 20,810
I went ahead and switched to the Oriolus Szalayis for this next album because they do something special with dynamics on the low end so I thought they'd be perfectly suited. Still running off the Kann Alpha.

Up next is another 2024 release, Charcoal Grace by Caligula's Horse. I need to go back and listen to more of their past catalog again, but this one may well end up atop my list of favorite albums from this band. Prey and Give Me Hell are particular standouts for me, but this album is packed with strong tracks. I mean, there isn't a track on it that's anything less than very good, IMO. The production is on point and the musicianship is top notch, as always with CH. I can't recommend this album highly enough.

To those about to rock, I salute you! 🤘😎

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #18,521 of 20,810
I've had these new Focal Elexes on my head since they arrived, and am enjoying them greatly. Bouncing between Valhalla 2 and Jotunheim 2, depending on if I think tubes will sound good with it; both amps are stacked right here, ready to go as my whim changes.

Been listening off YouTube today, which is odd for me, but that's because I had a hankering for some Pomplamoose and that's where they reelase most of thier stuff. They do very different covers and mash-ups and I think they're a lot of fun.

Check out their channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSiPjfAJBgbFlIUsxOWpK0w

Oh, I see they have actual albums now! Off I go to order me some. :)

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #18,522 of 20,810
Hisenior Mega5EST + Tempotec V3

Got alot of office work today so can use something a lil more expensive than my self proclaimed $200 limit 😜 first out is something new for me, Lamb studio debut album from 1996. Trip Hop and Drum & Bass

https://songwhip.com/lamb/lamb

1000029032.jpg

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #18,523 of 20,810
Finally got that nonsense taken care of and now I get to settle in for a nice three hour ride to the city we're playing this week. Went back to the 64 Audio A18t and I switched over to the Cayin N8ii for the trip.

On deck in the queue is Clever Girl's 2014 effort, No Drum and Bass in the Jazz Room. This album has a cool blend of indie meets prog meets math rock kinda style to it. All kinds of awesome for sittin' back, closing your eyes, and letting your mind drift through the music. And even though it's mellow, there's more than enough going on musically to keep the listener engaged. I'm definitely a fan! 👍😎

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #18,524 of 20,810
I decided I needed to break out some closed backs after so much IEM listening (still need some passive isolation) so I grabbed the DCA Aeon 2 Closed. Not only are the A2Cs relatively compact, making them great for keeping in my travel backpack, but they can be driven pretty well by a reasonably powerful DAP like my Cayin N8ii. Add to that their significantly above average isolation, their lightweight design, and their supremely comfy ergonomics and you've got a damn near perfect pair of travel planars on your hands.👍

On top of my queue and playing as I type is Nick Johnston's new release, Child of Bliss. Dude can flat out rip on the guitar! He's not just a great technical player, but he's also got the emotive style thing going. The opening track Black Widow Silk sucked me right in and has thus far (a few tracks in) set the tone perfectly for the rest of the album, as a good opening track should. 👍😎

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #18,525 of 20,810
Tidal >> SMSL SU9 >> Schiit Asgard 3 >> Grado SR325x :L3000:

getyeryayasout.jpg

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! (1970) by The Rolling Stones - My favourite Stones album, live or studio, it just has so much energy and the recording puts you right there in front of the stage. It's got two of my favourite Stones songs, Sympathy For The Devil and Midnight Rambler and the live version is way better than the studio version, at least I think so. Switched to the Asgard 3 and SR325x's for a more rough and ready sound and Keith's rhythm guitar has never sounded better, Grados were definitely made for electric guitar. :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back