For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
May 23, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #20,806 of 21,385
Code:
YT Music -> Schiit Magni Unity -> FiiO FD5

1716479379568.png

May 23, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #20,808 of 21,385
Kursa - H i. T e k. L o. F i. (Part 3)
IMG_7792.jpeg
QT-X / R4

Some halftime/bass beats… pretty sure this one was a Bandcamp subscriber exclusive. Worth the like, 7 bucks to get his whole catalog and then unsub lol. Kursa is a genius imo, an insane amount of material.

Here is a teaser mix
https://on.soundcloud.com/XZRcbZVkuSCRNRfR9

May 23, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #20,809 of 21,385
On Yincrow X6

(@Leonarfd, wah! thunderous bass and warm. Don't know why but I had assumed earbuds don't do bass well. This slams. Found luckily a good fit position, after lots of fiddling, though unsure if I can repeat the position tomorrow! Minute changes in positions affect the sound a great deal. The treble extension is average, but I can see this suit certain genres very well, esp with its soundstage wider than most iems I have. Using the donut foam, though unsure if it even sticks properly! The covered foam seemed to make it muddy and the bass trumpety, though it could be cos I hadn't found the proper fit then. Thanks for the suggestion to buy X6.

Genres like this album. The drops, slam.

https://songwhip.com/anciients/heart-of-oak

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #20,811 of 21,385
May 23, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #20,812 of 21,385
On Yincrow X6

(@Leonarfd, wah! thunderous bass and warm. Don't know why but I had assumed earbuds don't do bass well. This slams. Found luckily a good fit position, after lots of fiddling, though unsure if I can repeat the position tomorrow! Minute changes in positions affect the sound a great deal. The treble extension is average, but I can see this suit certain genres very well, esp with its soundstage wider than most iems I have. Using the donut foam, though unsure if it even sticks properly! The covered foam seemed to make it muddy and the bass trumpety, though it could be cos I hadn't found the proper fit then. Thanks for the suggestion to buy X6.

Genres like this album. The drops, slam.

https://songwhip.com/anciients/heart-of-oak

Nice to hear, its a very cheap bud. But also one of the few cheap buds that actually have some mid bass in them, the shell is a little on the large side. If you like it and want a better/smaller shell, I can recommend the Venture Electronics Asura 3.0 FE ($149). More balanced sound, but similar bass weight.

Again earbuds is even more subjective than IEMs, so much variation from peoples ears. So specially stuff like the bass can vary a lot.

May 23, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #20,813 of 21,385
Nice to hear, its a very cheap bud. But also one of the few cheap buds that actually have some mid bass in them, the shell is a little on the large side. If you like it and want a better/smaller shell, I can recommend the Venture Electronics Asura 3.0 FE ($149). More balanced sound, but similar bass weight.

Again earbuds is even more subjective than IEMs, so much variation from peoples ears. So specially stuff like the bass can vary a lot.

Oh yes it's certainly large and I need to push it at strange angles!

Is Asura the one with golden tips that you were referring the other day?

Btw Asura means demon, from where I come!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #20,814 of 21,385
Oh yes it's certainly large and I need to push it at strange angles!

Is Asura the one with golden tips that you were referring the other day?

Btw Asura means demon, from where I come!
Top left on my photo here is the Asura 3.0 FE (photo a little darker than intended), sort of gun metal color on the metal shell. The gold down to the right is a VIP only earbud for now, as I understand its open to more people later. Probably due to demand as they have a big market in China, and only have that many for the rest of the world.

DSCF5148 1.jpg

And for the thread, a quite experimental electronica album. Eye To The Ear, heard it earlier today at work on TWS. Time to listen to it on something more resolving with good soundstage and imaging. Going for AüR Audio Aehta + HIBY R8 II.
I am incredibly excited to share the of the music from my new album Eye to the Ear. It has been a wild journey to piece it all together over the last five years. The twenty-one tracks combine traditional instrumentation and electronic production with field recordings and both human and more-than-human voices to create songs and sound worlds that I hope can speak to the urgency and possibilities of our times.
The thank you message from the artist is fun, could imagine him having a mushroom trip having made this.
I am so grateful to all the people, places, creatures, plants, fungi, and sounds that have helped to bring this music into being. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #20,815 of 21,385
Qobuz => roon => SMSL SU9 => Violectric V222 => Sennheiser HD650 :L3000:

paperparachute.jpg

Paper Parachute (2017) by Ninet Tayeb - Got here because of Steven Wilson but stayed for the vocal pyrotechnics! I even listened to her Hebrew albums today, I can live without lyrics when push comes to shove but this English language album really pulled me in, grabbed and held on to my attention. It's a lot rougher and rockier than her Steven Wilson performances but it's more the real "her". The track that really shook the cobwebs out was Elinor, that was some vocal performance, the sheer power in her voice is something else. Went with the HD650 for this because "vocals" are done probably better than any other headphone on the planet and the V222 really brings out the best in them. :darthsmile:

May 23, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #20,816 of 21,385
Late session for me, but I couldn't stop before it was done. Not my usual kind of music, but this one had something great going all the way through, very nice surprise :)
Makes me curious about her other stuff, but that's for another day.

Never made it all the way to the listening chair tonight, so still at the desktop setup. The office chair is not as comfy, but the sound is great :relaxed:

The SMSL DO100 is feeding the Violectric V200 which has the Tanchjim Origin's attached. Not sure why, but I don't think I've ever heard them play this well before, they really are great for the price. Very excited to see how they fare against the Mega 5EST that should arrive next week.

Mori.png

Moriarty - Epitaph

May 23, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #20,817 of 21,385
Anadivine - Zoo (2024 remaster)
1716500505778.png

Oriolus Szalayi / DC-Elite

LOVED this band as an angsty 14 year old, and by god it still holds up. Alcohol & Oxygen and Dangerous Mixed With are such great tunes.

May 23, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #20,820 of 21,385
A Seat at the Table (2016), Solange

I respect Beyoncé, but I listen to Solange.
Black Ice Glass FX > Caldera Open

Yeah, I like her collaboration with Devonte Hynes (Lightspeed Champion/Blood Orange)

Here's a cover she did of his Bad Girls song:

Dev can jam on the guitar:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back