For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 28, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #18,001 of 20,955
FranQL Pegasus + Tempotec V3

American death metal on the menu, Riviera of Nihil third studio album. Trying out the dap Tidal streaming, primitive but works.

https://tidal.com/album/82292268

1000026228.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #18,002 of 20,955
FranQL Pegasus + Tempotec V3

American death metal on the menu, Riviera of Nihil third studio album. Trying out the dap Tidal streaming, primitive but works.

https://tidal.com/album/82292268

Same setup, on to a new discovery for the day. Like this alot, mesmerizing rock.

And onto some more prog with Tool and the album Lateralus, changed to the Hidisz MP145 for some planar fun.

1000026263.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #18,003 of 20,955
Do you rock the AMTs with or without EQ? Would you mind giving a little rundown on their performance to your ears? They're certainly an intriguing option for a more affordable way to explore the driver tech. If you don't feel like answering it have the time, feel free to ignore my questions/request. 👍😎
I will PM you so I don't OffT this thread :)

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #18,006 of 20,955
Speaking of great recordings in another thread. 1988 Arturo Delmoni - Songs My Mother Taught Me. Very Ltd original pressing on LP. Also can be found more easily on CD. Reference quality sound. Short classical pieces, very warm and pure sound, and the playing is top notch, not always true of high end audiophile recordings of that period.

On the HD-600 at low volume with zero distractions.

Attachments

• 10214-0-medium.jpg
    10214-0-medium.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #18,008 of 20,955
IMG_6733.jpeg
Architects - All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us

MP145 / RU7 / Qobuz

Planars just have the absolute sauce for metal, I swear.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #18,010 of 20,955
On Aful P8

Some melodic Metalcore

https://songwhip.com/bullet-for-my-valentine/alone

And for something pretty different, from southern part of India. Traditional instrument called "Nadaswaram". A lovely instrument, here playing the raaga 'Sahana' .

Edit: There will be properly recorded stuff from concerts and albums but thought this gives a nice real-life feel from that territory -- how most of us from these parts would have heard it in our daily life.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #18,011 of 20,955
IMG_3490.jpeg
It’s a rainy windy day and this album with its interesting instrumentals is a perfect mood setter.
HEK Stealth - Aune S17 - Pegasus - MXN10

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #18,013 of 20,955
Mid Fleetwood Mac (after Peter Green and before Buckingham/Nicks). 1970-1974. Not mentioned around here. 6 LP's, and here is a short synopsis of them.

Kiln House '70 - sort of a rockabilly tribute to the 1950's, w/ some of the Chicago Blues that Mac started with tossed in. It's unlike any other Mac album. Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan dominated the writing of the originals. A few standards were also recorded. Standouts: "Station Man", "Tell Me All the Things That You Do". Not well received in the UK as Peter Green was missed. Some success in the US. Christine Perfect (McVie) joined the band on its US tour as a full member of the group. On the LP she does some background vocals and playing.

Future Games '71 - Christine McVie joins the band full time along with American Bob Welch. The turn towards melodic pop rock begins with group choruses, but the frequent Chicago Blues riffs and some CW edged touches are still present. The recording is murky and that dulls the brighter aspects of the work. "Sands of Time" was released as a single and didn't go anywhere, but IMO it's a classic. Christine adds the lullaby like "Show Me a Smile". Pictured is the original yellow cover, the green cover is much more common. Kirwan was still the defacto leader of the group.

Bare Trees released in '72, and the 2nd side was a US college staple of the mid 70's. 2nd Side: "Bare Trees" - Kirwan; "Sentimental Lady" - Welch; "Danny's Chant" - Kirwan; "Spare Me a Little of Your Love" - Christine; "Dust": Kirwan; Spoken Word Poem to end was the most popular and best received of all of these 6 LP's by sales. Went platinum later.

Penguin - '73, made it to #49 on the US charts. Kirwan was fired, and this LP is primarily Welch, with McVie, and vocals and guitar from two new, but short lived members. The recording quality is better. It starts off with a lively pop cut "Remember Me", then the more mid tempo "Bright Fire", then skips around. I don't think it has aged well. This recording, "Kiln House" and "heroes.." did not go gold at any point.

Mystery to Me - '73 This Mac LP will be the most familiar to the fans of B/N later version. A number of cuts that stand as singles. A few were minor FM songs. "Hypnotized" was heard well into the 90's. "Emerald Eyes", "Believe Me", "Just Crazy Love" and Hypnotized lead off Side 1. The recording is also notable because there is some actual lower bass here and there. Welch and Christine again lead the groups in terms of composition. To me its the best of the final 3 LP's.

Heroes Are Hard to Find - '74. The last LP with Welch. Well recorded, pretty at times, but also marred with cheesy horns and synth strings. The highlight is Christine's "Come a Little Bit Closer". The playing and arrangments are professional. It's certainly a pop record, and it made it up to #34 in the US charts despite having no succesful single. Devoid of the soul that dried up after Kirwan left the band. "Bermuda Triangle" seems like an attempt at another "Hypnotized".

Bare Trees and Mystery to Me probably to the places to start - if interested.

Attachments

• Kilnhouse.jpg
    Kilnhouse.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games.jpg
    Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Baretreescd.jpg
    Baretreescd.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Penguin_(album).jpg
    Penguin_(album).jpg