For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 26, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #17,956 of 21,395
ZMF Verite + Feliks Audio Echo
Swedish Black Metal or Melodic Death Metal

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #17,957 of 21,395
AKG K340 . . . <--Hagerman Audio Labs Tuba|2x Russian 6N14N . . . <--SMSL D400EX [PCM filter set at Low Dispersion; Sound Color set at 1] . . . <--Apple Music:

1708981500605.png

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #17,958 of 21,395
Next album something completely different, glitchy electronica, jazz elements. A weird one, but perfect to lie down and listen.

https://wrwtfww.com/album/re-sort

1708983000351.png

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #17,960 of 21,395
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #17,962 of 21,395
Today marked the return of the Focal Radiance's. I haven't had these on since at least October. Man, they're purty! :smile:

IMG_20240226_133058103_HDR~2.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #17,963 of 21,395
Next album something completely different, glitchy electronica, jazz elements. A weird one, but perfect to lie down and listen.

https://wrwtfww.com/album/re-sort

1708983000351.png
Glitchy indeed! It took me short time into the 3rd number to fall into its rhythm.

And every now and then hearing the earworm "she has got the softest thing in the world" playing in my mind (from @fidgeraldo 's offering earlier that I woke up my Lil kid with this morning - he was very happy with it Fidgy! Mumbling that line waiting for yellow school bus to come floating in)

All together a strange dreamy morning so far. Lady's voice whispering that softest...line..a yellow school bus..now glitchy electronica.. and coffee aroma wafting in the air right now..

Thanks guys! ( And hey in between all this, placed my PayPal order for the discounted miroak-II with a Japanese San master who I can visualise now smoking up, hobbling along in some narrow cobbled street in Kyoto mumbling to himself.. padouk or cocobolo wood ...Oh well what a morning.. she has got the softest thing in the world ..

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #17,967 of 21,395
Grado GS3000x << Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum (RFT ECC82 pair) << Oppo BDP-105D: 59826EA5-6D48-42B7-B560-23F8856827E9.jpeg
27BF1BA2-42FA-47A5-94C8-96E1C76F9DB1.jpeg
[A&M: recorded May, 1971; released November, 1971.] The last Humble Pie recording with Peter Frampton in the group. Essential !

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #17,968 of 21,395

Such a sick album from a great artist/band. Whether it's with LS, Riverside, or elsewhere, Mariusz is crazy good!

Up again listening while I relax and nod in and out of consciousness. I just scored a pair of Yanyin Mahinas and today has been my first opportunity to put them through their paces. I have them running off the Schiit Magnius and SMSL SU-8 V2 10th Anny which is decoding the optical output from a Wiim Mini. This is my cost effective and audibly transparent rig that I have setup next to my bunk and it offers very clean performance for such modest money. 👍😎

Up in the queue is a 2018 jazz fusion meets electronic album from Roller Trio entitled New Devices. I love how off the wall this album is! It drifts from jazzy passages with clear fusion influences to more avant garde or freeform sections to driving electronic or low, pulsating ambient style beats. Overall, it's such a cool mashup to sit back and explore with your ears. Just put on a pair of phones/buds/IEMs with solid, but not overly boosted, bass performance for rumble and punch, good balance in the mids, and extension up top to bring in the detail and atmosphere and you're in for a treat. This is a unique album and it may not be for everyone, but I can't recommend enough that you guys give it a shot when the mood strikes! 🤘😎

1200x1200bf-60-1.jpg

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #17,969 of 21,395
Such a sick album from a great artist/band. Whether it's with LS, Riverside, or elsewhere, Mariusz is crazy good!

Up again listening while I relax and nod in and out of consciousness. I just scored a pair of Yanyin Mahinas and today has been my first opportunity to put them through their paces. I have them running off the Schiit Magnius and SMSL SU-8 V2 10th Anny which is decoding the optical output from a Wiim Mini. This is my cost effective and audibly transparent rig that I have setup next to my bunk and it offers very clean performance for such modest money. 👍😎

Up in the queue is a 2018 jazz fusion meets electronic album from Roller Trio entitled New Devices. I love how off the wall this album is! It drifts from jazzy passages with clear fusion influences to more avant garde or freeform sections to driving electronic or low, pulsating ambient style beats. Overall, it's such a cool mashup to sit back and explore with your ears. Just put on a pair of phones/buds/IEMs with solid, but not overly boosted, bass performance for rumble and punch, good balance in the mids, and extension up top to bring in the detail and atmosphere and you're in for a treat. This is a unique album and it may not be for everyone, but I can't recommend enough that you guys give it a shot when the mood strikes! 🤘😎

I liked it, tried with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 while walking. First track got me thinking this is intense, then next track changes pace and mellow it all down. Need to try with something better when home after work.

Next on the list after having heard New Devices is a album from The Comet is Coming, Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery. Love coming back to this fancy Jazz Electronica type of album.

https://songwhip.com/the-comet-is-coming/trust-in-the-lifeforce-of-the-deep-mystery2019

1000026014.png

PXL_20240227_073241735.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #17,970 of 21,395
I liked it, tried with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 while walking. First track got me thinking this is intense, then next track changes pace and mellow it all down. Need to try with something better when home later 💯

Next on the list after having heard New Devices is a album from The Comet is Coming, Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery. Love coming back to this fancy Jazz Electronica type of album.

https://songwhip.com/the-comet-is-coming/trust-in-the-lifeforce-of-the-deep-mystery2019

I freakin' love The Comet is Coming! Their album Hyper-Dimensional Expansion Beam is definitely a favorite that fits into that electronic-jazz crossover style. 👍😎

New Devices is all over the place in regards to styles, tone, pace, mood, etc. For me, that's part of the draw and it definitely begs for listening with quality gear (I don't have the Freebuds so I can't comment there) that can wring all the detail and texture out of it. The Mahinas actually did a pretty impressive job with it.

To keep things topical: Took a break from quite a long sesh with the Mahinas and jumped onto the Subtonic Storms once again through the Magnius/SU-8/Wiim Mini chain.

After reading your post I felt inspired so I put on aforementioned Hyper-Dimensional Expansion Beam (released 2022). 🤘😎

This is probably gonna be my last one before I finally hit the exhaustion wall from my insomnia so I'm gonna wish you all a good day or good night depending on where you are. Happy listening! 😁😎

ab67616d0000b2738ccf59dd549e90aad1bf5290.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back