For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 25, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #17,926 of 21,400
Pics Cut_2023853155725.png

I'm sticking with the K340's for this album.
Their unique presentation makes the music very engaging. 😚
K340 Electrostat-Dynamic-System (green drivers) stock < Schiit LYR 3 (EH 6SN7 tube) < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #17,927 of 21,400
Sony hap-z1es-> BorderPatrol DAC SE-i-> LTA MZ3-> ZMF Aeolus

Immersive fun!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #17,929 of 21,400
this is probably the third full listening session i have had with them so its still quite early, but i went from feeling slightly disappointed the first time to really loving them now. it doesn't work for everything and i'm still kinda trying to figure out why... but when they are in their element, its something else.

they are very bright and very bassy so tip rolling has been challenging. they sound excellent with pop/vocal music. This above & beyond album is giving nightclub vibes at the moment. really nice compliment to the Sza tbh, one super bright and one super warm depending on mood. excellent treble as well, while not being sharp. so yeah thumbs up from me, i need a new cable for it though.

Thanks for the summary. They sound like an interesting set. Maybe I'll pick a pair up to hear for myself. I have several more pairs that I just agreed to sell to winnow down my humongous collection before I snag anything else though...

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #17,930 of 21,400
Back on the DCA Expanse, but this time I'm running them off the modded Schiit Lyr (Amperex-Tektronix ECC88s) still with the Gustard R26 pulling double duty as a DAC and streamer. I'm in a laid back mood so the added musicality from the Lyr over the GS-X Mini is hitting the spot tonight.

And up next in my queue is a 2023 album from Sincerely entitled Special Feeling. This album is a prog influenced (mostly) instrumental piece that has a certain kind of flowing liquidity to it that I really enjoy. I spend a lot of my down time when I can't sleep doing stick and pedal exercises on my silent pad kit and I enjoy listening to music like this and letting my mind wander while I go through my routines. Low key, but also very cool. This one gets a rec and two thumbs up from your's truly. 👍👍

a2542611166_5.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #17,932 of 21,400
Back on the DCA Expanse, but this time I'm running them off the modded Schiit Lyr (Amperex-Tektronix ECC88s) still with the Gustard R26 pulling double duty as a DAC and streamer. I'm in a laid back mood so the added musicality from the Lyr over the GS-X Mini is hitting the spot tonight.

And up next in my queue is a 2023 album from Sincerely entitled Special Feeling. This album is a prog influenced instrumental piece that has a certain kind of flowing liquidity to it that I really enjoy. I spend a lot of my down time when I can't sleep doing stick and pedal exercises on my silent pad kit and I enjoy listening to music like this and letting my mind wander while I go through my routines. Low key, but also very cool. This one gets a rec and two thumbs up from your's truly. 👍👍

a2542611166_5.jpg
For some reason I thought this would be far gentler, softer. But it has more energy and oomph.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #17,933 of 21,400
For some reason I thought this would be far gentler, softer. But it has more energy and oomph.

LOL my bad! This is about as laid back as I can get while doing drum exercises. I mean, it does have some slow passages. 😉

Seriously though, I just like the way they make use of dynamics and textures to keep the music flowing and interesting. It makes letting my mind wander and explore the "sonic landscape" relaxing, interesting, and fun.

Did you at least enjoy the music?

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #17,934 of 21,400
LOL my bad! This is about as laid back as I can get while doing drum exercises. I mean, it does have some slow passages. 😉

Seriously though, I just like the way they make use of dynamics and textures to keep the music flowing and interesting. It makes letting my mind wander and explore the "sonic landscape" relaxing, interesting, and fun.

Did you at least enjoy the music?
Oh yes yes like it! I first went 'whaaa?' checked if I had the right music as in your post and read your post again to find out why i was expecting a soft meandering piece!

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #17,935 of 21,400
Oh yes yes like it! I first went 'whaaa?' checked if I had the right music as in your post and read your post again to find out why i was expecting a soft meandering piece!

Haha! Yeah, I can see how my post would give that impression. I rarely listen to anything I'd call meandering, but for me the the instrumental tracks on this album have a certain flowing and unhurried quality to them that I find calming. The later tracks with lyrics stray into some dramatic emo kinda territory and away from the more progish stuff at the beginning so they aren't as fitting, but overall I dig the album and the band.

I'm glad you enjoyed it too even if it wasn't quite what you expected! 😉🤘😎

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #17,938 of 21,400
IMG_6691.jpeg
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues

Classics while building some Lego.

Dark Phoenix / RU7 / v50 / local FLAC files

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #17,939 of 21,400
1708919283498.png

1708922561829.png

1708925979065.png

1708926066593.png

Utopia 2020 <- GSX mk2 <- PBD Merlot <- Linn Akurate DS/3

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #17,940 of 21,400
Time to lay down and see about getting some sleep before sunrise. That means a switch to some IEMs was warranted so I went with one of the most comfy pairs I own, the Shozy Magmas. The small shells on this Tribrid along with the smooth and inoffensive treble make them ideal for listening in bed. I'm running them off my A&K Kann Alpha because it was the DAP that already had the SD card with the local files I wanted to play installed.

On deck in my bedtime queue is a release that was a 2023 highlight for me: Spooky Action at a Distance by Pattern-Seeking Animals. While I absolutely adore their previous efforts, this album was PSA taking the next step in their musical development/evolution for me. The songwriting is more intricate and nuanced and they employ a much broader range of styles and influences in their sound. The production quality has also increased with each subsequent album they've put out and this is no exception. I absolutely love this album and I highly recommend you give it a whirl if you haven't already. 🤘😎

81AxXeV2EdL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back