For the Love of God, Help Me Prove to my Friend Beats Suck Ass
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BeatsSoCool

New Head-Fier
So, my friend mike doesn't believe that Beats are terrible, or, to be totally correct, are godawful for their price point. I just want some posts to help me drive home this fact to him. He listens to rock a lot so I'm going to recommend Grados to him, the 325is to be exact.

Discuss.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Beats, when compared to any brand discussed in this forum in a non-sarcastic manner, suck ass. You also pay about $300 for the logo and $50 for the headphones.

Also, I'd take the Beyerdynamic DT-880s over the Grados cause of it's wider soundstage.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the post :)

Ha, I told him I'd pay no more than ~$50 for them if I was forced to, he thought I was BS'ing. Also, good recommendation! I do have to say I really do appreciate a burned-in Grado, the sound is magical and with my musical taste the sound doesn't get too colorful. He said his tastes do vary a bit so those might be better due to their wider stage. Thanks! 

Keep 'em comin

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 9
The Beats brand is owned by Jimmy Iovine, who also sucks ass.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 9
Heya,

Really, any popular headphone is hard to argue against. It's just natural culture. People, even who have never even heard a pair, will praise them, recommend them, and suggest them nearly religiously to poor saps who don't have experience. And the internet just makes it all even more possible and rampant.

For example, the M50 (for music?) & AD700 (for gaming?).

Anyhow, figure this thread won't get far (I mean, OP's name? True story? Doubt it...). So while folk start bashing Beats, who've never even heard them (their variants, one doesn't count), might as well throw the M50 and AD700 in that pile too. Overhyped. Not great. All of them. But the internet will prevail. They are still going to be popular and highly recommended by the majority.

Very best,

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm invoking the moratorium on bashing threads, yet again.

P.S. If you want to change a mind, let them listen to good headphones. If they don't understand immediately, there's no use in arguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back