For The Love of God...Do Not Buy Souls
Jul 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #91 of 160
Quote:
Agreed, there's no conspiracy to sell people on bad sound, Monster has simply figured how much they can charge for Beats, and it worked.  And, anybody who doesn't research and do their homework, really deserves what they get I guess.  It's just too bad that they don't.  

Monster and Beats are now pretty much seperated. They barely have anything to do with each other anymore.

Quote:
 I have to say, this thread is kind of reminding me of those people that feel the need to push their religious/political beliefs in others' faces lol. I love audio and the Beats/Souls suck, but I really don't feel the urge to scream it out to the world and say so... Hey, whatever floats your boat right?

+1

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #93 of 160
Quote:

Unfortunately, now HTC is coming up with Beat's trademark marketing BS.

Maybe HTC is well deserving of some marketing because I have the HTC Sensation and it's an awesome device. I am known for trading out phones every three months in search for a device I actually like and I cannot even imagine having a better phone and I have had this little guy for well over six months, which is a new record for me! For reference, the Samsung Sidekick 4G lasted 3 weeks with me before I purchased the Sensation. Awful device but we won't get into the many ways it sucks. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #94 of 160
I'm not standing in the street demanding that people not buy Beats or Souls...I simply don't want to see them drop $300 on headphones that sound pretty mediocre when for $100 they can buy something that sounds lightyears better.  If they want to, go ahead.  But I simply offered my opinion of the Souls, and hate to see people buy objectively worse goods for higher prices.  That's all.  Not forcing anyone to do anything.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #95 of 160
Quote:

Unfortunately, now HTC is coming up with Beat's trademark marketing BS.

And that's exactly why I always go with Sony's phones.

Quote:
I'm not standing in the street demanding that people not buy Beats or Souls...I simply don't want to see them drop $300 on headphones that sound pretty mediocre when for $100 they can buy something that sounds lightyears better.  If they want to, go ahead.  But I simply offered my opinion of the Souls, and hate to see people buy objectively worse goods for higher prices.  That's all.  Not forcing anyone to do anything.

Well we people on head-fi would probably never be that ignorant anyway 
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #96 of 160
I had to vent my disgust somehow haha.  Seriously...that's how bad it was.  Good thing I have my TF10s to keep me sane.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #97 of 160
Quote:
I had to vent my disgust somehow haha.  Seriously...that's how bad it was.  Good thing I have my TF10s to keep me sane.

I understand your frustrations. One of my friends saw my Denon 2K and wondered what brand that was and why didn't I get beats because they sound better! I bit my tongue so bad it was bleeding 
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #99 of 160
Quote:
Oh my god haha I don't know weather to laugh or cry at that.  Some people will never get it.

So true. I am listening to my D2K now on the Cowon with no amplifier (the Headstage Arrow 4G is 2 weeks away from being shipped) and that combo sounds better than the Beats, in my opinion. When the amp gets here there will be no comparison in my opinion.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #103 of 160
Think I used to have some crappy over-the-ear Koss things that sounded better too.  Not a high standard to beat.  At all.  

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #105 of 160
Well, it's all subjective when it comes to Koss, or anyone else besides Beats, Skullcandy, or Soul. I used to own a pair of UR-40s, and loved them until the plug unfortunately decided to commit suicide. They had the best sound I had ever heard from a low-end pair of headphones and were comfortable as heck. The only two problems I had with them: they were a little cumbersome being full-sized, over-ear headphones, and due to being open-backed, they leaked sound like you wouldn't believe.

Some may have terrible luck with Sony, Sennheiser, AKG, Koss, Beyerdynamic, Bose, JBL, etc., while others may have great luck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back