For The Love of God...Do Not Buy Souls
Jul 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #136 of 160
Quote:
'Correct function' is kinda misleading, but I get what you mean. I'm not saying that it's ok to lie to customers, but advertisers themselves are very swift in doing so, without getting sued for it. For example, Beats didn't really say their products are the best, but they implanted the idea in customers' mind using their advertisement, and there's nothing wrong in doing that. They certainly didn't lie, but at the same time make us Head-Fiers think they're lying to the mass. That's what I mean when I said there's no line between advertising and lying. It's just how good you are at both.

Exactly. Yes then, I agreed with your post. Lol.

Here's an interesting thing I thought was weird. I went the Beats website the other day to get some specs (none, I remembered after the fact) for a thread on here, and for the Pros, they claim, "the headphone used to mix in every major studio". That struck me as odd because, honestly, I find that incredibly hard to believe. Now, I haven't been in every major studio, so I don't know for sure. But it didn't sit right with me for some reason, I don't know.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #137 of 160
Quote:

Exactly. Yes then, I agreed with your post. Lol.

Here's an interesting thing I thought was weird. I went the Beats website the other day to get some specs (none, I remembered after the fact) for a thread on here, and for the Pros, they claim, "the headphone used to mix in every major studio". That struck me as odd because, honestly, I find that incredibly hard to believe. Now, I haven't been in every major studio, so I don't know for sure. But it didn't sit right with me for some reason, I don't know.

Well, preying on the ignorants is what advertisers do best. You can't blame them 
biggrin.gif
. Just keep your mind clear and don't fall for it. In my country there's a lot of BestBuy advertisements and I once fell for it. After that it became my lifetime experience: Don't watch TV.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #139 of 160
Quote:
After that it became my lifetime experience: Don't watch TV.

It's funny you mention that. I was thinking of that earlier, the advertisments on TV. For anything really. I'm always like, I'll never buy something just because it's on TV. But I know a few people who think TV is the be all end all. If it's on TV (or have some type of media popularity), then it has to be true.

Yeah you're right about the correct function being misleading. But I meant not so much that a certain headphone was bad and didn't 'function properly' as much as I meant that people were unaware of the possibilities of headphones. That's what I should have said. In fact, I'll change it in my other post.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #140 of 160
Quote:
Almost every photo I've seen of the mixing room for a professional recording studio has AKGs. I've never seen anyone using Beats for monitoring. It wouldn't make sense. They aren't monitor headphones. 

Sure, and I've also seen MDR-V6, ATH-M50, T50rp, and lots of other headphones, but never once seen Beats used by either studio recorders or DJs. Now this is lying.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #141 of 160
Quote:

It's funny you mention that. I was thinking of that earlier, the advertisments on TV. For anything really. I'm always like, I'll never buy something just because it's on TV. But I know a few people who think TV is the be all end all. If it's on TV, then it has to be true.

Yeah you're right about the correct function being misleading. But I meant not so much that a certain headphone was bad and didn't 'function properly' as much as I meant that people were unaware of the possibilities of headphones. That's what I should have said.

Advertisement is the same everywhere, whether it's on newspapers, TV, or Internet. People who believe them are either oblivious, or just can't afford to research about the problem at hand.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #142 of 160
Quote:
Advertisement is the same everywhere, whether it's on newspapers, TV, or Internet. People who believe them are either oblivious, or just can't afford to research about the problem at hand.

Absolutely. I agree with that. It's all types of media. I was just using TV because you mentioned it in one of your previous posts. But it's true, it's all over.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #143 of 160
one method of advertisement is by word of mouth, and will be carried out by those who fell for the trap and bought them, they will start recommending them to their friends, and then it will spread until someone experience stops the spread and educates them about it.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #144 of 160
Honestly, the onus is squarely on the consumer. If you're too lazy to do some independent research (which might only require an hour of your time), then you deserve to get burned.

The companies seek to attract the lowest common denominator and if that clientele market didn't exist, they would go out of business. Rather, many companies thrive on marketing to people who really don't care to understand the products (and alternatives) when making buying decisions. Hell, Apple, a company that makes good products, excels at attracting this crowd.

You may feel the companies are at fault here, but the solution is simple ... people who would prefer not to get screwed by advertising can simply begin taking their major purchases more seriously. Otherwise, these companies will continue to offer the quick and easy solution of "brand identification" for all the rest.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #145 of 160
Quote:
Honestly, the onus is squarely on the consumer. If you're too lazy to do some independent research (which might only require an hour of your time), then you deserve to get burned.

The companies seek to attract the lowest common denominator and if that clientele market didn't exist, they would go out of business. Rather, many companies thrive on marketing to people who really don't care to understand the products (and alternatives) when making buying decisions. Hell, Apple, a company that makes good products, excels at attracting this crowd.

You may feel the companies are at fault here, but the solution is simple ... people who would prefer not to get screwed by advertising can simply begin taking their major purchases more seriously. Otherwise, these companies will continue to offer the quick and easy solution of "brand identification" for all the rest.

I think they didn't get burned at all. You can always go for sound quality but can't force the whole world to follow your dogma. They just love the flashy look (I do too, tbh), and it's just not right to hate them on that. For them, Beats is perfect, with a combination of look and better-than-iBuds sound. Just ignore them, and not getting angry for the love of your own health 
tongue.gif

Apple, nowadays, is also about "brand identification" IMO. And no, don't expect people to take their purchase seriously because to them it's neither major nor important to them. They just have too much money to spend that an Iphone just for calling and SMS is fine, so you can't expect any less from Beats.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #146 of 160
Quote:
I think they didn't get burned at all. You can always go for sound quality but can't force the whole world to follow your dogma. They just love the flashy look (I do too, tbh), and it's just not right to hate them on that. For them, Beats is perfect, with a combination of look and better-than-iBuds sound. Just ignore them, and not getting angry for the love of your own health 
tongue.gif

Apple, nowadays, is also about "brand identification" IMO. And no, don't expect people to take their purchase seriously because to them it's neither major nor important to them. They just have too much money to spend that an Iphone just for calling and SMS is fine, so you can't expect any less from Beats.

Yeh, what you said is exactly my point. You described the typical buyer, which was what I was speaking about. My point was simply that given your conclusion, we shouldn't blame businesses for 'taking advantage' of these types of shoppers. If they are in fact getting a poor deal, it is their job to do the extra research and not get sucked in by brands and advertising.

If they are content with buying those products, then the advertising techniques worked and both parties are happy.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #148 of 160
Quote:

Yeh, what you said is exactly my point. You described the typical buyer, which was what I was speaking about. My point was simply that given your conclusion, we shouldn't blame businesses for 'taking advantage' of these types of shoppers. If they are in fact getting a poor deal, it is their job to do the extra research and not get sucked in by brands and advertising.

If they are content with buying those products, then the advertising techniques worked and both parties are happy.

Yeah. We can't help it with how the world goes.
Quote:
I blame Monster not for making the Beats. I blame them for false advertising. 

Monster's products are not that bad actually. It's their sub-branch Beats by Dre that is given so much hate.

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #149 of 160
Quote:
Genetically engineered food can't be advertised because EVERYONE knows it's bad.

I lol'ed at this, please don't state things as facts when you don't actually know anything about the topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back