For iPhone users: How do you like it (so far)?
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #16 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait...hold on. How do you do the Nintendo emulators? That is too cool.

they are available as downloads if you add the sources to a jailbroken unit, i subscrive to zodttd forum and have updates via him and his installer

the snes emulator is improving all the time, its fast now and i was playing f-zero in ladnscape format last night and it was lagless, smooth and sorted, its a few builds away from being final, he has yet to implement sound, purposley done for the time being, i love playing secret of mana and all the old classic!

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 84
Not a big fan of the hardware and I'm unwilling to jailbreak it given hardware issues I've run into. The first one had display dead spots, its replacement had an internal battery short, and my current one has recurring crashes and interface issues.

Otherwise, it mostly works.

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #18 of 84
I bought the 16gb last week a day after my sprint contract ended and i have been in love ever since.

the Internet on this device is simply awesome! even using Edge it's still plenty fast enough for me but where the iphone gets the most use (my bar and a cafe i hang out at) for net surfing they both have wifi so speed really is never an issue. every site i go on works perfect and the iphone will even do pdf files which saved my butt a few times when i needed a manual for a lighting controller i was working on last weekend! head-fi is the slowest site for some weird reason though...not sure why.

i have her loaded with a "sample" of music from my 160gb classic in lossless form. i have 733 songs taking up 7.37gb of memory on her. i am not interested in putting more music at this moment and if i do i am planning on buying the bigger versions that will come out later. using my e500's with the Shure MPA-3C adapter gives sound quality one would never complain of coming from a cell phone.

i switch movies every day or so and usually have 3 movies loaded on her at one time. movie watching rocks the boring times when i bartend or have really nothing to do like go shopping with the current girl of the week, so this alone is a great time killer.

weather and email are another two really awesome features cause they are so easy!! i never checked my email so damn much in my life.

AT&T reception is great in my area, much better then the sprint/nextel i had before...omg is it. this alone makes the iphone worth the price of admission for me.

using $500.00 audiophile ear phones with the Shure MPA-3C as a headset to talk hands free is pure panache! i have not hooked up my custom Sensaphonics yet though..this way of talking hand free puts those bluetooth wireless crap to shame.

the bestest feature is visual voicemail as i am one of those peeps who never checks their voicemails, well i do now thanks to this service. its so easy and simple this way, screw that old way of doing voicemails...yuck!

sms texting is super fast and so easy to read, unlike anyother phone on the market. actually you'll want to text instead of calling the person.

disslikes:

"is that an iphone?"
yeah you will get this alot! everyone and their mother seems to say it like your driving a Lamborghini or something. this gets old after the second day, you get fed up with it by the fourth and answer them like "no its a wii-phone from china".

randomly resets itself sometimes. not sure why...but sometimes it does.

vibrate mode is useless when in your pocket, i have not felt it go off once yet.

its not the best ipod ever and it holds no ground to my classic only cause it has no click wheel for blind operation.

my shirt is going to start charging me a cleaning fee cause the screen gets ugly fast and often.

the dock it comes with makes me take her out of her case everytime i charge, there is no room for any case using the stock charging dock.

oh and i named her "Kurwa"....so when i blue tooth another device thats what they see on theirs..haha

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #19 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the dock it comes with makes me take her out of her case everytime i charge, there is no room for any case using the stock charging dock.

yeah mine resides in a case as well as its invisible shield,

the way i got round this, was to buy a cheap apple universal dock off ebay

and order a sendstation dock extender

now i can just drop it on and take it off its dock just like when it was new in its case, much easier!
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #20 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a big fan of the hardware and I'm unwilling to jailbreak it given hardware issues I've run into. The first one had display dead spots, its replacement had an internal battery short, and my current one has recurring crashes and interface issues.

Otherwise, it mostly works.

without jailbreaking i wouldnt buy it

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #21 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
without jailbreaking i wouldnt buy it

It works well enough for my uses, mainly phone, visual voicemail, email, and light web browsing. Jail breaking it would have already cost me my $400 paid into the phone along with leaving me stuck on a 2 year contract. Pass.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #22 of 84
you cam jailbreak it while still on contract

I got mine, didnt activate it or sign up for a new contract (kept on pay and go) and unlocked it to any network

That way if they make a 3g one (uk) with good Bluetooth and better sq I don't have 2 wait I can just sell this one and get the new one

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #23 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the title suggests, are you happy with your iPhone?

If you also use a Mac, how smooth is the whole syncing thing?

Recommended purchase?

I'm thinking of picking one up myself but would like to hear some opinions from those who own or have owned one.

I returned it after a week.

Mac sincing rocked.

Yes and no.

Tyler

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #24 of 84
i've had mine since launch day and i still love it. it's what made me want a mac so badly!

SQ Sucks though. and my turbodock doesn't work with it
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #25 of 84
Quote:

vibrate mode is useless when in your pocket, i have not felt it go off once yet.

That's not so good since I usually put my phone on silence/vibration.

Can anybody else comment on this?

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #26 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not so good since I usually put my phone on silence/vibration.

Can anybody else comment on this?

My motorola e815 used to have almost NO vibrate and I loved it b/c whiel in class only you could feel it. Nobody could hear the vibrate noise. I personally like that a LOT. But that's my sitch. If you want to text msg in class, it's a good thing. If you just like feeling a vibrating phone in your pants, it's a bad thing.
biggrin.gif

I don't recommend the iPhone for it's limited capabilities. I can't wait for iPhone 2. On verizon.

Tyler

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #27 of 84
just activated mine last night...16GB is quite a lot if you don't put all your music on here.

with 1Password using the internet (and password sites) is a breeze. i'm running it stock for now but quite happy nonetheless...

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #28 of 84
Quote:

I bought the 16gb last week a day after my sprint contract ended and i have been in love ever since.

i have her loaded with a "sample" of music from my 160gb classic in lossless form. i have 733 songs taking up 7.37gb of memory on her. i am not interested in putting more music at this moment and if i do i am planning on buying the bigger versions that will come out later.

I am about to press the button on one of these but before I do could I please ask one question...........I understand that you cannot transfer music from iTunes manually but can you select certain albums or tracks to synch over to the iPhone?

I currently have almost 30gb of music stored on iTunes so I wondered if I will have any control over what I can transfer to the iPhone.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #29 of 84
Bought an 8GB model a couple weeks after release last July. I run it with the stock software and sync it with a Mac.

It may be the best consumer gadget I've ever had. Alright, I love the Zana Deux a little more, but that doesn't fit in my pocket very well. The iPhone is indispensable and I'd buy it for $600 again.

No problems with syncing and setup was a breeze. I already had a Cingular account, too.

My sister and brother-in-law bought a pair shortly after that. So did my cousin and her husband. We all love them and no one has had any problems.

Funny thing is that when my parents learned that my sister and I bought them, they crapped all over us for spending $600 on just a cellphone. I got the standard "investment" lecture and my sister was told to think of her kids, etc. etc.

Now, Mom's birthday is coming up in about a month. So, Mom, what do you want for your birthday? "I want an iPhone." Heh.

And yes, she's getting one.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #30 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to press the button on one of these but before I do could I please ask one question...........I understand that you cannot transfer music from iTunes manually but can you select certain albums or tracks to synch over to the iPhone?

I currently have almost 30gb of music stored on iTunes so I wondered if I will have any control over what I can transfer to the iPhone.

with the new itunes release, manual drag and dropping is now supported with the iphone, so its just the same as using/syncing a 5g ipod!

sorry if that wasnt what you were meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back