For iPhone users: How do you like it (so far)?
Feb 12, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #31 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the new itunes release, manual drag and dropping is now supported with the iphone, so its just the same as using/syncing a 5g ipod!

sorry if that wasnt what you were meaning.

That's great, I didn't realize that.

Thanks Quaddy.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #32 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not so good since I usually put my phone on silence/vibration.

Can anybody else comment on this?

it could also be that i am not used to it as of yet, my i930 had a powerful vibration going on though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to press the button on one of these but before I do could I please ask one question...........I understand that you cannot transfer music from iTunes manually but can you select certain albums or tracks to synch over to the iPhone?

I currently have almost 30gb of music stored on iTunes so I wondered if I will have any control over what I can transfer to the iPhone.

YOu can sync all your music if you choose or you can create a playlist (i named mine iphone v1) and manually drag and drop your music files into the playlist. its the same thing as using a playlist on an ipod. coverflow still works of course and you can still select your music by artist or album or anything like you would normally on your ipod.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #33 of 84
Quote:

yeah mine resides in a case as well as its invisible shield,

the way i got round this, was to buy a cheap apple universal dock off ebay

and order a sendstation dock extender

now i can just drop it on and take it off its dock just like when it was new in its case, much easier!
cool.gif

yeah i was going to do this actually, any cheapo docks you recommend?
i need two of them (one for my computer and one for my bed). i went so long needing a dock for my ipod that i made one out of a 2x4 one day...it didnt work out so nice as planned...hahaha

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #34 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i was going to do this actually, any cheapo docks you recommend?
i need two of them (one for my computer and one for my bed). i went so long needing a dock for my ipod that i made one out of a 2x4 one day...it didnt work out so nice as planned...hahaha

well i had to buy two also
wink.gif

the cheapest i could find were here, but i am in the uk, so i guess thats a different ballgame (they are brand new and shrinkrapped)

and i had to order two sendstation extender docks from the states!

Feb 18, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #36 of 84
i was playing around the other day and i hooked the iphone using the stock cradles line out to a mini to rca adapter from radioshack and being fed using enigma rca's to the RSA B52...
i must say for a phone this is one hell of a source, frontal soundstage as expected but lots of micro details coming from the left and right channels..weird but very fun and enjoying to listen to. it was a surpise for sure!

Quote:

well i had to buy two also
wink.gif

the cheapest i could find were here, but i am in the uk, so i guess thats a different ballgame (they are brand new and shrinkrapped)

and i had to order two sendstation extender docks from the states!

thanks man!

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #37 of 84
I just took an RCA to mini cable and hooked it up to the stock cradle. I ran the RCA's to my PPX3. Wow, this thing has some serious kick! I was really surprised how great this sounded.

I can say for sure my standard setup is a fair bit better, but for a phone, it kicks some serious butt!

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #39 of 84
I have a Macbook and the syncing is excellent. I haven't carried out the jail break yet and I don't intend to. In my opinion it offers great utility as it is. Best phone or perhaps best gadget I've ever owned. By quite a margin.

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #40 of 84
How easy is it to enter data into the unit on the fly? I am thinking of times when I would need to take notes or enter a phone number etc. I suppose with safari, I could just log into my gmail account and use Google Docs but I would prefer something more concrete from Apple themselves.
Ideally this thing would provide a stylus and permit something like Palm's graffiti.

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #42 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How easy is it to enter data into the unit on the fly? I am thinking of times when I would need to take notes or enter a phone number etc. I suppose with safari, I could just log into my gmail account and use Google Docs but I would prefer something more concrete from Apple themselves.
Ideally this thing would provide a stylus and permit something like Palm's graffiti.

the touch keyboard takes some getting used to, but one can become very proficient and fast...i'm getting better every day. it's way better and faster than palm's graffiti...and i love not having a stylus to lose. it's a phone - why wouldn't you be able to input a phone number on the fly?

i don't know why you need to use google docs to take notes...there's a note app as well as tons of other web-based apps that allow you to take notes and to-dos (like ta-da list by 37signals). and soon apple will release their SDK that will allow developers to write native apps for the iphone...

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #44 of 84
Feb 20, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #45 of 84
The keyboard does take some getting use to. When you are on the web the screen rotates to widescreen, and it makes typing easier since the keypad is larger. When answering emails or text messages, the screen does not rotate so the keypad is smaller, making it more difficult to type. I feel this was a design flaw by apple, but is a small price to pay for such an amazing device.

If you are undecided about purchasing an iphone, I would wait until may. There is a rumor that a new iPhone will be released in may that will have GPS, faster 3g Internet, a 6 megapixle camera, plus who knows what else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back