Food...Glorious food...and your choice IS?
Apr 25, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #46 of 83
spamanm.gif

Barbequed Spam, like fillet steak, but cheaper!

And not quite as good.

Apr 25, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #47 of 83
Too much good stuff in the world to narrow it down to just one so I picked the all you can eat option.

I was going to pick chinese because I am lucky enough to have a mom that makes delicious chinese and vietnamese cuisine but I felt that I was short changing my love of sushi and then I thought about steaks, fish & chips, pasta, persian food, rubens, In n' Out burgers, Filet o'fishes and all the other tasty stuff in the world and I just couldn't pick.

As a friend once told me, quantity is a quality all unto itself.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #50 of 83
i'm a food person, i like almost everything out there and will try almost anything once. there are things that i don't think i'll ever try though, like dog or fetal duck that still in the egg amongst others. definitely a delicacy that i'll never develop a hankering for.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #51 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
American food? I thought American food is all international. Very European with some Asian dishes in the mix.

Well nativly anything with corn in it had to come via the Americas (corn syrup -> made from corn -> therefor anything w/ corny syrup is American. Like Mountain Dew or cake).

Then we may or may not lay claim to barbeque (thats barbeque as in "meat cooked via smoke", not "cooked over fire", thats 'grilled'). But then its South American, and only historically accurate if you're cooking peoples (ie: longpork). But the S.Americans did name it babacoa (literally: cooked with smoke).

Other fine American foods: Chocolate chip cookies, fortune cookies, hamburgers (the mongolians weren't smart enough to put steak tartar on a roll), pizza (to be specific "pizza", the crusty sauce covered piece of bread the size of a tea saucer is Italian. But it took Americans to enlarge it, cover it with cheese, and add toppings). Anything with chili peppers, grits, and lobster.

BTW: I like tasty food.

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #52 of 83
French or Italian. Nearly impossible to say which I prefer, it depends on the cook.

This being said, quality of food varies quite a lot according to the region you're in, both in France and Italy. In France, Normandy, Burgundy or Perigord would be my choices.

Apr 26, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #54 of 83
My kind of diet.

Can't eat.

Beef, Mad cow....

Can't eat chicken . bird flu

Can't eat eggs ..

Salmonella

Can't eat pork ..

fears of trichinosis...

Can't eat fish .. heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat

Can't eat fruits and veggies ... insecticides and herbicides

Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

M

M

M

M

M

M

M

M

M

I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!!

Remember - - -

"STRESSED"

spelled backwards is

" DESSERTS "

Send this to four people

and you will lose 2 pounds.

Send this to everyone you know (or ever

knew), and you will lose 10 pounds.

(If you delete this message, you will gain

10 pounds immediately.)

"That's why I had to pass this on - -

- - - I didn't want to risk it."

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #57 of 83
Where's the [size=large]Chocolate[/size]?
deep dark semi-sweet Chocolate
and [size=xx-small](almost)[/size] anything Chocolate covered

Apr 27, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #59 of 83
I have to say that spanish food has little in common with mexican or latin food in general. This misconception is very extended in USA, where people identify spanish (from europe) with latin american. Of course it has points of coincidence, but it has more in common with french or italian food, but neither. Furthermore, we have a huge variety of regional cuisines in Spain, each one from a different tradition and with its own different personality. Galician food is completely different to valencian, catalonian, basque or castillian one, for example.

One of our best chefs, Ferrán Adriá, considered by most as the better chef in the world today http://www.elbulli.com/main.php?url=/prensa/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back