Food...Glorious food...and your choice IS?
Apr 24, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #31 of 83
English.

Fish and chips, sausage and chips, egg and chips, pie and chips, chips and chips
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #32 of 83
Just like lays, no one can pick just one, can they?? mm food...

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #34 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
American food? I thought American food is all international. Very European with some Asian dishes in the mix.

to me american food would be southern/comfort food... thats chicken fried chicken..chicken fried steak... steak fried chicken... steak fried chops
biggrin.gif

it is very distinct

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
you left out a popular option -- thai

Oops, sorry, I initially had it and started moving the options around and I forgot...

Always happens. I LOVE Thai food too. Thank you and sorry, that is what happens when you start threads totally wasted at 4 in the morning.

BTW, my FAVORITE food group?

[size=large]BEER![/size]

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #37 of 83
lol...akwok voted twice.

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #38 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
EVERYHING!!! Not picky at all. Although some Thai food is too spicy for my stomach.

lol yeah. My dad and brother eat those Thai chili peppers whole.
basshead.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #40 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
English.

Fish and chips, sausage and chips, egg and chips, pie and chips, chips and chips
icon10.gif

from my understanding english food is bland and bad and extremely expensive (coffee costs ten bucks!)

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #41 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho

BTW, my FAVORITE food group?

[size=large]BEER![/size]

you and me both
580smile.gif

though then we would need a poll for german vs belgian vs czech vs american micro vs ales vs lagers vs stouts vs porters vs kristals vs hefe vs bocks
etysmile.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #42 of 83
What does pan-seared Wagyu beef washed down with Champagne Laurent-Perrier count as?
icon10.gif

Seriously, though, when I am not being a food snob, I like hamburgers, steak, grilled and deep-fried things.

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #44 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
from my understanding english food is bland and bad and extremely expensive (coffee costs ten bucks!)

That info is about as current as thinking Brits still wear bowler hats and say things like 'what-ho old chap'. My wife, a Californian foodie from San Francisco loves British food. She was under the impression it was bland and bad too until she went to London. Times change and thankfully, so did the food.

I'm still a big fan of the 'greasy spoon' type of transport cafe and other such health threatening fare, but the so-called 'good stuff' is there if you want it.

Having lived in the US for 10 years, I have to say most American food is none too impressive. Most places seem to think if you cover everything in salt, pepper and a few spices or some form of dressing, that makes it good food.

Places like SF and Seattle have some great restaurants, but much of the country is more like Spokane... more eateries per square yard than a dog has hairs and almost none worth eating in. Let's put it this way, when Outback steakhouse and Tony Roma ribs are considered the best restaurants in town, something is seriously wrong.

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #45 of 83
I have a weak spot for high quality French food. For every day, Italian is always a favourite, and for the traditional midsummer, Christmas or Easter holidays, Scandinavian (Smörgåsbord) is what I desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back