Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Oct 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #511 of 868
Quote:
Yes RPGWizard,thank you for the support.I assume so that with with windows sound standard processing it resample it automatically whether with wasapi it does not ,at the moment.

Right now i am testing 96/24 and 48/24 both 5.1 and your version plays both correctly ,where on the other foobar it still unable.Ok because i still using your foobar version (even i use mostly flat equalization) since you posted on head-fi,as it sound fine with everything.I just was wondering in having a single Foobar where i could chose quickly between various playback methods without having three types of portable Foobar on my desktop.Guess i have to still researching ,or at least gain a little more knowledge about it.Salute

Just go to file -> preferences -> playback -> dsp manager and select "Default: Stock foobar" for default foobar2000 settings in the dropdown box "DSP Chain presets" and click load and then "Default: Balanced (forward)" for the Dolby headphone config. I keep checking between stock and modded settings quite regularly and this way you can quickly switch on/off to instantly hear the difference, this is the easiest/fastest way.

But yea use the "DSP Chain presets" to store your configs, this saves the settings also for every plugin.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #512 of 868
Is it then possible if you save the whole forward, laidback and default in one portable file and upload?

I'm just that lazy you know :wink:

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #513 of 868
Quote:
Is it then possible if you save the whole forward, laidback and default in one portable file and upload?
I'm just that lazy you know
wink.gif

It's already there and always has been. "Default: Balanced (Forward)" is the forward config and "Default: Balanced (Laid-back)" and "Default: Stock foobar2000". Don't mind the rest of the presets there, they are very old and outdated.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #514 of 868
Just realized! You are awesome RPG!!

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #516 of 868
I still cannot believe how you re-tuned the FR to sound near identical to without DSPs... amazing ears

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #517 of 868
Quote:
I still cannot believe how you re-tuned the FR to sound near identical to without DSPs... amazing ears

I could probably tune it slightly more closer (currently it's like very sliiiightly more forward as a whole in the mids than stock foobar2000) but I choose not to as I think very slight forward mids is a welcomed change to this world of recessed midrange headphones, more than not the midrange is recessed in the headphones so that tiny bit of a forwardness makes up for it as well as I still concider midrange to be the most important aspect to music anyway, "it's where the music is". I prefer it to be a bit more intimate and engaging than the stock foobar2000 setting which the forward midrange provides.

I've kept EQing headphones for many years and it was almost on a daily basis for quite a long time, these days I also master lots of hardstyle tracks for upcoming producers. Let's just say, I fire up a song or when I test a new headphone I can usually can tell roughly whereabouts it needs tweaking as I know how it will sound like for the music if doing tweaks at the difference frequencies before needing to verify as I'm so used to how different frequencies sound like and more important how it affects a track filled with realworld instruments and synthetic instruments.

Sometimes I must say I start questioning myself too as believe it or not but I often do 0.01 - 0.1dB changes on the EQ these days in order to perfect it as much as possible, seems it affects quite quickly phase changes and such by even small tweaks while I find if I change it in one place it might need correction in another area to sound right haha. When mastering the tracks I also operate on 0.1-step accuracy, I actually compare back n forth 0.1-intensity changes for reverb, EQ, gain etc. What's strange is that ZO2.1 amp seems to maximize the percievable change, if I'd use the Q40 ampless no way I'd be able to perfectly differ such small adjustments.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #519 of 868
Quote:
(above)
Wow...

... wow WOW wow...

crazy stuff, I never got the Dolby do dad to work for me but I'm sure the  lack of pre req installs might be why

Still though Happy to say me Dt 880's don't need to much  EQing <3, if anything a touch of bass boost and perfecto! Sadly I needed this weeks ago when the XB 700s where all I had and my gawd they needed some SERIOUS eq >.> 

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #520 of 868
Love this foobar player and I love your settings, It gives my HD800 and my Grados V4 more way to play with sound. 
L3000.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #521 of 868
Thanks for the guide. 
It's amazing. My headphone just as excited as the first time I hear a good can now.
Thank you.

PS: I cant download: Electri-Q Posihfopit edition and google doesn't lead me to anywhere. Can you please direct me?

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #522 of 868
Quote:
Thanks for the guide. 
It's amazing. My headphone just as excited as the first time I hear a good can now.
Thank you.

PS: I cant download: Electri-Q Posihfopit edition and google doesn't lead me to anywhere. Can you please direct me?

Glad you like it! 

The website should be working again now.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #525 of 868
Quote:
I'm curious RPGWizard, have you seen the foobar Crossfeed DSP?  It aims to subtly soften channel separation in headphones and give a more natural room sound.  I have been playing with the settings and I feel that it improves fidelity when placed between the Dolby Headphone and Electri-Q DSPs.

http://www.naivesoftware.com/software.html

I've tested different crossfeed plugins in the config without good luck. I did test this one too but concluded that it didn't offer any improvement but it also affected the frequency balance too much, making it brighter sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back