Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Sep 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #496 of 868
Quote:
Wizard, please update Manual install fbcp file
biggrin.gif
Thank you for your work!!!

Doesn't need updating as it's still using the same settings as last time. All files which needs updating are always updated, no need to remind me. ;P The links I post on the last page I always copy from the first page.

Ahh ok, I see the filename is still 1.1.6 on the fbcp files but it doesn't really matter as it's using the same settings as previous config anyway that was using foobar2000 1.1.6, so ignore the filename, no update needed  on the fbcp files, I should just remove the foobar2000 version from those files as it doesn't really matter what version it's based on, it's just saved plugin configs for foobar2000.

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #499 of 868

First all thank you a lots RPGWiZaRD!!!!
Your foobar settings are wonderful for everything about music. I've an AKG K272 HD as headphones and finally I can succeed in fully appreciate them. But I would something that I could use for Gaming I've a notebook Alienware M17Xr2 with integrated IDT Sigmatel sound card 7.1 (the worst soundcard on planet), I've also an adapter expresscard to pcmcia to use an audigy 2 zs notebook but KXDriver are not bug free on Windows 7 64bit and as soon as I install it my os cannot shutdown anymore so I must revert to internal soundcard.

But googling on internet I came on this wonderful forum reading your thread and as soon as I was finishing trying your foobar settings I was taken from possibility to extend this settings to whole system.

1) I've installed Virtual Audio Cable (And Set as Default output)
2) Set up my internal IDT Sound Card ouput as 5.1 and Disabled all EFFECTS
3) Installed AudioMulch
4) Inside AudioMulch Configured as Input Line1
5) Inside AudioMulch Configured as ouput My IDT Sound card with 1 Sound Output a Two AUX (5.1 settings for Windows output)
6) VST DTS Neural Upmix 2 to 6 (5.1)
7) VST DH Wrapper (Library installed in SYSWOW64 (I'm on windows 7 64bit)
8) VST Electri Q (with your settings)

Audio Buffer Size 512 for 4 Buffers and everything to 48khz

Well to verify that everything sounded like your setup I've created a Mp3 192kb/s of Johnny Cash Hurt from original CD and tried playing with Mediaplayer classic without enhancement, I think that everything is similar to your foobar settings.

I've not used a Matrix Channel or something similar because I can separately modify them DTS Neural VST (or do you think that I need it?)

I've no lag and no latency or drop out I've tried playing Counter Strike GO and everything is ok.

Here it is a screenshot:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/impostazioniaudiomulchd.jpg/

Thanks again.

P.S.
Suggestion are appreciated
Best Regards
Tony

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #500 of 868
Wow Tony I could only IMAGINE how awesome it would make gaming experience become with RPGWizard's setup! *Only I don't game :wink:*

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #501 of 868
WHAAAAAT, YOU MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET THIS SAME SOUND AS MY FOOBAR2000 CONFIG FOR GAMES????? HOW MANY TIMES I'VE DREAMT ABOUT THAT

This gotta be looked into O_o Well obviously you won't get the same result if exchanging Channel Mixer plugin for DTS Neural Upmix plugin as I've configured the channel mixer not only to upmix but also adjusted the "rear" and "front", "center" and stereo width etc settings but yea I'd be happy with even somewhat close results.

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #502 of 868
Quote:
WHAAAAAT, YOU MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET THIS SAME SOUND AS MY FOOBAR2000 CONFIG FOR GAMES????? HOW MANY TIMES I'VE DREAMT ABOUT THAT

This gotta be looked into O_o Well obviously you won't get the same result if exchanging Channel Mixer plugin for DTS Neural Upmix plugin as I've configured the channel mixer not only to upmix but also adjusted the "rear" and "front", "center" and stereo width etc settings but yea I'd be happy with even somewhat close results.

Hi RPGWIZARD I can do same like your Channel Mixer plugin in foobar if you look at my screenshot you can see that I've two cursors Depth (it control Front to Back or Back to Front it starts in auto as default but I can change in % as you can see about your stereo width here it's the same I can control with width slider as the first it starts in auto mode but you can change in % I've set it to 95% I can also control LFE cut to 80hz but as you can see I've disabled because checking your config in channel mixer I've seen LFE toogled off.

I've updated my configuration tramforming AudioMulch as a System Service infact I've installed Alwaysup a software that can start everything from bat to exe or script in windows service setting also priority I'm starting it as above normal and everything is ok.

You have a PM if you want I can go in contact with you and get my config "OUR" config better.

P.S.
Best regards to everyone

Tony

P.P.S
I'm also wondering if exist a plugin or talking to foobar developers possibility to add e function like MPC HC Media Player Classic Home Cinema open device in this way we could open for example directly our sound card device output and execute directly DSP on streaming live as alot of application under linux can do with loopback device. But I'm not a programmer I was only asking.
But MPC HC can do something similar so I think we are not obliged to use a virtual audio cable to do it. With AudioMulch I'm ok anyway low latency high enjoyment.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #503 of 868
I haven't managed to get it playing any sounds yet.

EDIT: Now I got it but it sounds wrong, like as if DH plugin isn't used... maybe need to try system32 folder instead as the DH VST wrapper suggests...

EDIT2: Seems to work now but I'm not getting as good sound but maybe I need to tweak Neural channel settings a little, it seems like changing rear output channel vol doesn't seem to make any difference which is a sign it's not working properly.

EDIT3: OK seems to work somewhat... still need to fiddle around with neural upmix settings tho it feels like

EDIT4: Haven't managed to get any sound in Skyrim or Youtube yet. Btw the "driver type", do you use "windows multimedia"? If I try to use DirectSound I don't get any sound at all. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #504 of 868
Quote:
I haven't managed to get it playing any sounds yet.

EDIT: Now I got it but it sounds wrong, like as if DH plugin isn't used... maybe need to try system32 folder instead as the DH VST wrapper suggests...

EDIT2: Seems to work now but I'm not getting as good sound but maybe I need to tweak Neural channel settings a little, it seems like changing rear output channel vol doesn't seem to make any difference which is a sign it's not working properly.

EDIT3: OK seems to work somewhat... still need to fiddle around with neural upmix settings tho it feels like

EDIT4: Haven't managed to get any sound in Skyrim or Youtube yet. Btw the "driver type", do you use "windows multimedia"? If I try to use DirectSound I don't get any sound at all. 

I've tried a lots with direct sound (a layer upon ASIO) but no sounds very strange I've also tried a lots of combination between VAC line 1 frequency and bits from 16 to 24, 44100 and 48000 and internal sound card output frequency and bits sample (changing also inside AudioMulch following Windows Mixer and Line 1 config) but nothing. So we must revert to Windows Multimedia. I've set in AudioMulch Audio General 48khz audio input line 1 and remember as you suggested output is configured to 5.1 so inside AudioMulch 3 outputs, 1 soundout and 2 AuxOut 1 and 2 with according channels  1-2, 3-4, 5-6 configure also input and output meters so you can see audio flows and finally in Audio Driver buffer size 512 and buffer number 4 INPUT and OUTPUT same config to low latency. Remember for VST DH Wrapper Library need to be installed in SYSWOW64 if you are on Windows 7 32bit it need to be installed in SYSTEM32 (someone managed it working putting dll in c:\windows) but if not correctly configured you have not output from DH Wrapper VST so it's simple to troubleshoot.

I can confirm that with ALWAYSUP (software that execute everything as a service in SESSION 0) you can have audiomulch acting like a service in background with your priority setting.
Remember when you are good inside Audiomulch you can create a Default.amh inside it's directory and it will start always when you open Audiomulch.

P.S.
When you add me in MSN?

Best Reagrds
Tony

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #505 of 868
Since DirectSound driver type isn't working I can't get it to work for every game, I've tried getting it to work for Skyrim which is the only game I've played for a while due to being part of a mod that I'm testing out. A shame, it did work with Unreal Tournament 3 for example and the sound was like very dynamic and nice.... even the distance seems to be rendered better than ever.

However it definitely doesn't sound the same if using DTS Neural upmix instead of channelmixer. The center channel is very silent that I've verified by clicking on the "solo" button below so it only outputs from the center. the Depth in Neural upmix doesn't either sound very good if set on the arrow-up side (metallic reverby sounding), sounds better if it's closer to 100% with arrow down, at 100% arrow-down it doesn't impact on the sound quality.

I'm going to test different upmix vst plugins to see which is working best, next would be ToneBooster's IsoneSurround which is free.

I've added you on MSN.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #506 of 868
I think I've found the right vst to upmix from 2.0 source UM225 this one create 5 channel without LFE that I think we not need because DH create it in surround way (if I'm not right we can use UM226 it creates 5.1 channel with LFE output).

Look at center now.... I'm trying live with RightMark 3d Sound now we have a right 5.0 recreation with good signal from center and a lots of knobs to play (I know you like them like me eheheh)
So a lots of trial by error to do....

Here it is a screenshot:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/o64nz

Tony

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #507 of 868
I tried using VSTHost instead of Audiomulch this time and with this it works also in skyrim! But there's one prob, dolby headphone wrapper doesn't appear to work nice with this vst host, introduces lots of static :frowning2: It's a shame cuz the positional audio was really great, actually mindblowingly great. xD

On the Dolby headphone Wrapper's homepage there's 4 listed vst host softwares that are known to work, might have to test some other one as DirectSound ouput type works with VSTHost!! Hopefully some of the other ones beside Audiomulch also does.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #508 of 868
Hi Guys,i have been following lurkerly the thread constantly since it's beginning but with new new Foobar version i have been encountering some issues,any help is appreciated.
I've posted the same question in Graphicism thread too,so i will just past the question to see if i can solve it.

I have recently downloaded the new Foobar version with both wasapi modality (the push and event ones) but in this same bit perfect mode  am unable to play hi res files (96Khz/24Bits) with 5.1 channels.In normal mode (using windows audio streaming without wasapi) i can play those files ,considering that with both i use Channel Mixer and Dolby Headphone settingstoo.Any Clue?
btw the problem shown is "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 48000 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels".
just to make an example ,when listening to Bohemian Rhapsody Flac 5.1 the back vocals are miles away,whatever change i am able to do in mixer channel i cannot solve the problem.I am starting to get rally Pi$$ed off,i am trying to get my best Foobar preferences since few weeks but every time i get some sort of problem.
Very thanks guys.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #509 of 868
The Dolby Headphone plugin supports maximum 48kHz so use a resampler if trying to play such files. About the other problem, make sure sample rate and bitrate match what you've set in control panel as well as foobar2000.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #510 of 868
Yes RPGWizard,thank you for the support.I assume so that with with windows sound standard processing it resample it automatically whether with wasapi it does not ,at the moment.

Right now i am testing 96/24 and 48/24 both 5.1 and your version plays both correctly ,where on the other foobar it still unable.Ok because i still using your foobar version (even i use mostly flat equalization) since you posted on head-fi,as it sound fine with everything.I just was wondering in having a single Foobar where i could chose quickly between various playback methods without having three types of portable Foobar on my desktop.Guess i have to still researching ,or at least gain a little more knowledge about it.Salute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back