Focal Utopia General Discussion
Jul 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #10,831 of 20,796
I came across a cable for the Utopia, that folk might want to read about. I might even have mentioned it before, but just in case. (Review from Hifi+.)
Moon Audio Black Dragon Premium V2

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/moon-audio-black-dragon-premium-v2-headphone-cable/

If I had the Utopia, I would buy that cable with no hesitation.
I’ve been using the Silver Dragon for awhile now. It is an excellent cable with a slightly more detailed sound than the stock but ergonomically far superior. Moon’s build quality is top notch.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #10,832 of 20,796
I wonder if the poll on the reliability of the Utopia is useful anymore. It’s a small sample size, so the percentages are misleading. The initial problem with the Utopia was corrected, and the warranty has been increased to 5 years no matter which type of dealer one purchased from, and the warranty is now transferable. I’ve owned my pair now for a couple years, and they continue to perform flawlessly.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #10,834 of 20,796
I wonder if the poll on the reliability of the Utopia is useful anymore. It’s a small sample size, so the percentages are misleading. The initial problem with the Utopia was corrected, and the warranty has been increased to 5 years no matter which type of dealer one purchased from, and the warranty is now transferable. I’ve owned my pair now for a couple years, and they continue to perform flawlessly.
it never was for that very reason. the op did ask for it to be removed.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #10,835 of 20,796
Has anyone here bought the danacable lazuli reference and ended up returning it?

I just received mine yesterday. Have been switching back and forth between the danacable and the grand line lavricable. Some minor differences between the two.. Both are very good. The danacable has the edge for highs and soundstage. Having said that, it is far from the recommended 100 hrs of burning in..

Just wondering if anyone didn't like it and returned it to Vinh.

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #10,838 of 20,796

I've been on a head-fi hiatus for several weeks while aI heal from a major sinus infection. I put on some of my high end cans a few weeks ago and it was like listening through a sea shell. Disappointing, total waste of time. I switched to iphone buds because there was no point.

Finally, today is the first day I'm back to enjoying utopia for its greatness. I've missed you Utopia. You and Heavy Devy were meant for each other.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #10,839 of 20,796
Has anyone here bought the danacable lazuli reference and ended up returning it?

I just received mine yesterday. Have been switching back and forth between the danacable and the grand line lavricable. Some minor differences between the two.. Both are very good. The danacable has the edge for highs and soundstage. Having said that, it is far from the recommended 100 hrs of burning in..

Just wondering if anyone didn't like it and returned it to Vinh.

Have not tried the danacable, but am happy with the HeadphoneLounge pure silver UP-COC "T2 Litz" cable.
Am having a custom cable made: Neotech UP-OCC 8 core: 4x 24 AWG silver + 4x 24 AWG silver/gold. This would be less than the cost of the Danacable Lazuli Reference, employ better wire, and should be the stopping point for me with the Utopia. Silver has a long break-in time, but is well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #10,841 of 20,796
Wanted to ask Utopia users for a recommendation for power conditioning. I am looking at the PS Audio Stellar P3 to put the finishing touches on my headphone system [and my wallet].
Finishing touch? Nope, you're not done yet my friend.

1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back