1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Utopia General Discussion

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Allanmarcus, Jun 14, 2016.
?

Has your utopia needed repair from your dealer or Focal, either under warranty or not?

1. Yes

23.9%
  2. No

61.6%
  3. I prefer not to answer

14.5%
First

Back
713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722
724 725 726 727 728 729
Next

Last
  1. Progisus
    I’ve been using the Silver Dragon for awhile now. It is an excellent cable with a slightly more detailed sound than the stock but ergonomically far superior. Moon’s build quality is top notch.

2. jwbrent
    I wonder if the poll on the reliability of the Utopia is useful anymore. It’s a small sample size, so the percentages are misleading. The initial problem with the Utopia was corrected, and the warranty has been increased to 5 years no matter which type of dealer one purchased from, and the warranty is now transferable. I’ve owned my pair now for a couple years, and they continue to perform flawlessly.

montanari, bidn and BassicScience like this.
  3. pataburd
    Neotech wire is the best I have heard with the Clear so far. Will probably get one for the Utopia, too.

4. up late
    it never was for that very reason. the op did ask for it to be removed.

5. Roasty
    Has anyone here bought the danacable lazuli reference and ended up returning it?

I just received mine yesterday. Have been switching back and forth between the danacable and the grand line lavricable. Some minor differences between the two.. Both are very good. The danacable has the edge for highs and soundstage. Having said that, it is far from the recommended 100 hrs of burning in..

Just wondering if anyone didn't like it and returned it to Vinh.

6. BreadMaster
    When is the Fecal flagship coming out?

7. up late
    You're asking us that?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  8. kingkikapu

I've been on a head-fi hiatus for several weeks while aI heal from a major sinus infection. I put on some of my high end cans a few weeks ago and it was like listening through a sea shell. Disappointing, total waste of time. I switched to iphone buds because there was no point.

Finally, today is the first day I'm back to enjoying utopia for its greatness. I've missed you Utopia. You and Heavy Devy were meant for each other.

Progisus likes this.
  9. pataburd
    Have not tried the danacable, but am happy with the HeadphoneLounge pure silver UP-COC "T2 Litz" cable.
    Am having a custom cable made: Neotech UP-OCC 8 core: 4x 24 AWG silver + 4x 24 AWG silver/gold. This would be less than the cost of the Danacable Lazuli Reference, employ better wire, and should be the stopping point for me with the Utopia. Silver has a long break-in time, but is well worth the wait.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  10. pataburd
    Wanted to ask Utopia users for a recommendation for power conditioning. I am looking at the PS Audio Stellar P3 to put the finishing touches on my headphone system [and my wallet].

BreadMaster likes this.
  11. BreadMaster
    Finishing touch? Nope, you're not done yet my friend.

[​IMG]

12. dontfeedphils
    Needs more caps

bfreedma, up late and BreadMaster like this.
  13. BreadMaster
    [​IMG]

OR THIS?

[​IMG]

14. paul30d
    I think Schiit makes the Fecal flagship

GryphonGuy, up late, llamaluv and 4 others like this.
  15. triggsviola
    I see what you did there!

BreadMaster likes this.
First

Back
713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722
724 725 726 727 728 729
Next

Last