Focal Utopia General Discussion
Mar 19, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #2,746 of 20,602
Mar 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #2,747 of 20,602
Lol hush you lol you are not helping. My audiophile monkey would love to be the proud owner of the LCD 4 lol.
biggrin.gif

For me I found myself putting on the Utopia much more than the LCD-4. Heck, my Abyss has even been dethroned in terms of reference and my main listening "tool."

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #2,749 of 20,602
For me I found myself putting on the Utopia much more than the LCD-4. Heck, my Abyss has even been dethroned in terms of reference and my main listening "tool."

Yes when I got my Utopia, I rarely used my HE1K or my ETHER series cans. I have just recently stated using my other cans. However I must use my Utopia daily of I go into withdrawal.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #2,750 of 20,602
Yes when I got my Utopia, I rarely used my HE1K or my ETHER series cans. I have just recently stated using my other cans. However I must use my Utopia daily of I go into withdrawal.

Haha, I understand that... I had to go a couple of days without it and felt like I had to make it up by listening more.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,751 of 20,602
  The LCD-4s are brilliant, but I've rarely share tastes with Bob. Plus there's this to consider:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-product-year

Tyll certainly knows good sound and my tastes correlate with his quite a bit more. The solution is simple...both! 
evil_smiley.gif

you and bob both like the lcd-4, whereas tyll wasn't taken with it - just sayin'

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #2,752 of 20,602

you and bob both like the lcd-4, whereas tyll wasn't taken with it - just sayin'

His terms both were not an absolute agree, or disagree towards either Bob, or Tyll -- just saying.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #2,754 of 20,602
Hmmm wonder how loud I will have to crank up the volume on the LCD 4's to drain out the sobbing lamentations of my wallet :wink::D

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #2,757 of 20,602
I love my Utopia, use it every day and might get a custom cable for it soon. The Catz review just confirmed my desire to audition the Audeze LCD 4. I am unfamiliar with the Audeze house sound and need to sample it, so I can do a worthy comparative contrast. I wish I could justify the expense and get the LCD 4. I then could compare them on the same dac/ amp. And in this case, I would use my Yggdrasil and Liquid Gold, to drive the LCD 4. But oh well one can only dream lol. Plus I need to make sure I have enough money for the Liquid Tungsten ( whenever it makes it to the marketplace). Laters going to go jam out to Frank Zappa's "SLEEP DIRT" :).

Liquid Gold is a fantastic pairing with the Utopia as well! Nice set up brother

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,758 of 20,602
Today i listened to the nativedsd freebie that came with the mojo. I was blown away! The utopias are brilliant with good source material. I wonder if some of the negative comments are comimhg from people who,don't have great source material. With the 8 in 1 sampler, the utopias soar. It is a bautfil thing.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,759 of 20,602
you lost me over your opinion over the utopia, totally baffling,still mates though

I know-damn my ears :p

It was actually at Paul & Wendy's that I first heard them when auditioning amps.

I had chosen the amp and thought what the heck I may as well try a few other cans whilst I was there.

Trouble is it was 5pm. and they were getting ready to leave so I didn't have long but the 5 minutes I had with them was enough to get me seriously thinking.

Bear in mind I have always said the Utopia may well be the most capable sound generating device I've ever heard but they're just not what I'm looking for.

Interestingly and to wade in to the whole Utopia LCD4 debate-Paul said they sell a load of Utopia, a load of HEK's and hardly any LCD4's.

In fact I think he said he'd had 9 people trade the LCD4's for the Utopia-he really doesn't rate thrm.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #2,760 of 20,602
I will say this...I have never owned a headphone that is as revealing of different headphone amps, headphone jacks, dacs, sources, and cables as the Utopia.
All of them sound different with the Utopia, and its usually not subtle, so the resolution is amazing.
More so than with the HD800 and HE-6, or anything else I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back