Focal Utopia General Discussion
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #12,424 of 20,796
I suspect they are struggling with low manufacturing yields, matching problems, and failures of production drivers are likely higher than they can reasonably continue. I'm sure they exhausted options for revising the driver design and have been quietly developing a successor to the Utopia.
Well, apparently the “replacement” is the Stellia. I’m pretty sure they are happy with the driver design since they continue to use it in a different headphone...just sayin...

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #12,425 of 20,796
good enough i guess, been buying from them for a couple years by now; they are not the authorised Focal dealer but a reseller who procured it from the AD rather

my set is from AbsoluteSound who is the authorised dealer for Focal, Naim and AudioQuest in Singapore

no idea if they may have been used as a demo unit and unlikely i can verify

PM'ed Marine from Focal, hope to hear from them soon

find it very hard to accept coming from Focal

Ouch, so sorry to know your problem bro, hopefully it clear very soon!

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #12,426 of 20,796
good enough i guess, been buying from them for a couple years by now; they are not the authorised Focal dealer but a reseller who procured it from the AD rather

my set is from AbsoluteSound who is the authorised dealer for Focal, Naim and AudioQuest in Singapore

no idea if they may have been used as a demo unit and unlikely i can verify

PM'ed Marine from Focal, hope to hear from them soon

find it very hard to accept coming from Focal
I absolutely agree that I would find that unacceptable coming from Focal; unfortunately, Focal can’t control what happens once the headphones leave their hands. You purchased from an unauthorized dealer who obtained them from (so they say) an authorized Focal dealer. I really just need to go back to your dealer (who will hopefully stand behind the product), get your money back and go to an authorized Focal dealer to ensure you receive a pristine pair. If I was the Focal rep I wouldn’t be all that sympathetic; I’ll assume you likely received a good deal since this is not an authorized reseller. If you paid full price I’d have to ask why you didn’t use a Focal dealer in the first place. Not trying to be difficult but I don’t think bashing Focal is the way to go here.

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #12,427 of 20,796
I absolutely agree that I would find that unacceptable coming from Focal; unfortunately, Focal can’t control what happens once the headphones leave their hands. You purchased from an unauthorized dealer who obtained them from (so they say) an authorized Focal dealer. I really just need to go back to your dealer (who will hopefully stand behind the product), get your money back and go to an authorized Focal dealer to ensure you receive a pristine pair. If I was the Focal rep I wouldn’t be all that sympathetic; I’ll assume you likely received a good deal since this is not an authorized reseller. If you paid full price I’d have to ask why you didn’t use a Focal dealer in the first place. Not trying to be difficult but I don’t think bashing Focal is the way to go here.

Purchased from an authorised reseller who is licensed to resell Focal products by the authorised dealer here

they’re also listed on Focal’s web as an authorised reseller; matter should be resolved soon, thanks all

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #12,430 of 20,796
I suspect it's very likely that you have no idea what you're talking about and no evidence to backup these claims.

Anything claimed without evidence can summarily be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens. :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #12,432 of 20,796
Anything claimed without evidence can summarily be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens. :)
Well, he also said “ my own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.” So much for evidence!

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #12,433 of 20,796
Well, he also said “ my own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.” So much for evidence!

Evidence is what keeps us honest. Said "he suspects"...and I dismiss without evidence.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #12,434 of 20,796
Sigh... guess if I should stay away from the Utopia if these troubles occur. I wish the owners the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back