Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 3, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #1,126 of 20,602

Just do it. YOLO and all that. Better to regret what you've done than what you've not done. Sleep/food/shelter are for the weak.

lol, that one advice I won't be giving to my kids.  I too am wrestling with deciding to buy Utopia or not.  Unlike Tony I will probably have to sell my Taks 300B to fund these.

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,127 of 20,602

lol, that one advice I won't be giving to my kids.  I too am wrestling with deciding to buy Utopia or not.  Unlike Tony I will probably have to sell my Taks 300B to fund these.

Well he's not one of your kids. I skipped the Taks and went for the EML, then I could afford the Utopia. If your Taks are burned in maybe I should ask how much you want for them? I didn't think the diff was going to be that big to justify the cost. My Tak upgrade is still TBD and on top of the cost I don't look forward to the break in period.

I asked myself if audio matters to me? Decided it did so I needed to get some good listening equip before I died or became so old it was pointless. At some point you have to call yea/nea. To avg folks I wouldn't recommend the Utopia. Too expensive. But to the group on here willing to take out a second mortgage to finance the stereo... if you're on the fence just get it. It's a great headphone. It won't be the end all be all to everyone, but if you want the experience get it. If it's not right you can sell it used. Discount it a little off MSRP and call it a rental cost to try it. Should end up win-win for a couple people in that case.

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #1,128 of 20,602
oh another Focal Utopia review 
beerchug.gif

http://headphone.guru/the-focal-utopia-headphones-a-truly-utopian-audio-experience/

i love this site, they always review the high end audiophile rigs.

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,129 of 20,602
That would be courtesy of @MacedonianHero

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,130 of 20,602
Great advice, especially about selling the Utopia used and considering the difference a rental fee. Hope your current headphone system put a smile on your face.:)

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,131 of 20,602
i heard that Focal are in Toronto Hi-Tech show?? is the show over or not yet? because this is the main reason why they didn't ship my headphone yet.... :' )

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #1,132 of 20,602

I am as well, but things did kick up a notch when I ran my Utopias balanced (Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3) into my GS-X.

Good information. Thanks for sharing it.

Are you using the 4pin XLR or the L/R balanced output?

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,133 of 20,602
I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of Utopia, and the headphones will be delivered tomorrow. Now I must go bury my poor wallet lol. The headphones will be shipped to me this monday. I was hoping for tomorrow but my credit card security monkied up the process. Monday can not get here quick enough lol.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,134 of 20,602
I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of Utopia, and the headphones will be delivered tomorrow. Now I must go bury my poor wallet lol.

it will be worth it :wink:

mine will be shipped from France tomorrow to my Local Dealer :D guess i will wait a week till i have it <3

so guys 100 hours burn in will do or?

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,135 of 20,602

To be honest, I haven't noticed any improvement with "break-in" on the Utopias. They sound fantastic straight out of the box.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,138 of 20,602
it will be worth it :wink:

mine will be shipped from France tomorrow to my Local Dealer :D guess i will wait a week till i have it <3

I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of Utopia, and the headphones will be delivered tomorrow. Now I must go bury my poor wallet lol.

Congrats and welcome to Utopialand. :D

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,139 of 20,602

Users who are viewing this thread

Back