Focal Utopia General Discussion
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3,301 of 20,635
First, do not attempt this while swimming or in a bathtub filled with water!

Remove the right earcup and read the serial number, then put the right earcup back on.

To remove the earcup, gently pry it off by putting your finger inside the ear cup and pulling gently. It will snap offf ( The ear cup, not your finger)
you're not pulling the pad off? Disconnecting a solid piece that the pad is connected to?

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #3,302 of 20,635

First, do not attempt this while swimming or in a bathtub filled with water!

Remove the right earcup and read the serial number, then put the right earcup back on.

To remove the earcup, gently pry it off by putting your finger inside the ear cup and pulling gently. It will snap offf ( The ear cup, not your finger)

you're not pulling the pad off? Disconnecting a solid piece that the pad is connected to?

It's not hard. I can even do it with one hand!

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,304 of 20,635
I agree I'm sure it will sound good with Hugo 2,but my trilogy amp sounds far superior than the one in the hugo and my dealer prefers it to the amp in the Dave so each to their own, I recommend not just looking at specs and go demo for yourself,think ppl will be pleasantly surprised

Which Trilogy amp are You referring to?? I have also heard great things about many amps in the $4,000 or under range such as the Violectric HPA V281, ALO Studio 6 tube amp $ 4100, microZOTL 2.0 Tube amp $1100, and a the PASS LABS HPA-1 $3500. There is no limit to the high quality amps out there for dedicated HP listening but auditioning them and comparing is always a problem.

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #3,305 of 20,635
I agree I'm sure it will sound good with Hugo 2,but my trilogy amp sounds far superior than the one in the hugo and my dealer prefers it to the amp in the Dave so each to their own, I recommend not just looking at specs and go demo for yourself,think ppl will be pleasantly surprised

Which Trilogy amp are You referring to?? I have also heard great things about many amps in the $4,000 or under range such as the Violectric HPA V281, ALO Studio 6 tube amp $ 4100, microZOTL 2.0 Tube amp $1100, and a the PASS LABS HPA-1 $3500. There is no limit to the high quality amps out there for dedicated HP listening but auditioning them and comparing is always a problem.

Paul's likes the 933.

Note, the thread has a nice search feature that works well.

Update. Looks like the search feature is gone :frowning2:
Looks like the ability to use strikethrough is gone :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #3,306 of 20,635
Paul's likes the 933.

Note, the thread has a nice search feature that works well.

Update. Looks like the search feature is gone :frowning2:
Looks like the ability to use strikethrough is gone :frowning2:
This site it not mobile friendly, have to use desk top on phone, struggling to type anything,getting errors all the time,nightmare

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #3,308 of 20,635
the new format is awful,impossible to find and get to your listings etc...i really dislike it

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,309 of 20,635
Yea I'm pretty well lost now like it seems a lot of people are. I hope they fix it. I'd prefer the old simple easy to read less busy/noisy version of head-fi... If you need to write a user manual on how to find and read posts including stuff you're subscribed too, and then the pointers and counters all seem wrong then IDK. IMO you designed it wrong. It's not just resistance to change... Form over function... On the positive side, with the untimely death of the forums, that gives more time to focus on listening to music.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,310 of 20,635
Been reading about the new stax amp, I had the sr-L 700 and a 323s and sold it with other gear to get the focal utopia and trilogy, I'm sure I've made the right choice,it's just when new gear comes out I start itching

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,311 of 20,635
This site it not mobile friendly, have to use desk top on phone, struggling to type anything,getting errors all the time,nightmare

Definitely not mobile friendly...impossible to surf without damaging the eyes with all the small font. Too messy to look at and load a lot slower. It seems you cannot log in with different devices at the same time too? Used to be one click to get to my subscribed threads it takes multiple clicks just to get there now. You can't direct message anyone with one click and again...multiple clicks are needed. Not sure if the guy(s) who handle this actually surf this site much. So frustrating to see this I detest coming to this site now if not for my daily fix of head-fi news #dang

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #3,312 of 20,635
...and I lost all my badges. My traders feedback goes down for no reason. C'mon guys I know you wanna be sponsor friendly but the users/readers/posters are equally important too!

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,313 of 20,635

Users who are viewing this thread

Back