Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #4,426 of 4,488
Hi, can a Stellia owner look at these pads and tell me are they stock? I'm confused because some pictures I see of Stellia the pads look brown, and others they look black?

Screenshot_20240201_192536_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240203_213542_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240203_213554_eBay.jpg
I have my Stellia’s listed, you can compare them, the original are dark brown, the ones you showing don’t look original, they seem black, but they can be original as some people use a leather protector treatment (search this thread for it) that makes it darker, it can be wear too.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #4,431 of 4,488
Feb 7, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #4,432 of 4,488
Feb 8, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #4,435 of 4,488
i Just traded My Zmf Auteur Classic+ Quicksilver tube amp for a Focal stellia, 90% of my listening is edm and while the Auteur Classic was amazing, it was a bit to soft for me.

I was craving authority, speed, great bass and the Stellia delivers wonderfully :) as a bass-head, i approve for sure :D
the stage is smaller than the Auteur Classic, tonality is more natural on the Zmf but to me, everything else is much better.

The punch is insane :scream::nerd: i feel like this one is gonna stay for a while, really fun and engaging sound !

Small note, i see alot of people trying to protect the leather from discoloring, to my honest opinion, when the discoloring ends up uniform in color ( brown, coffee color ), its amazing ^^ i find that it adds depth to the color sheme overall and it goes perfectly with the orange of the cup and the copperish color of the cup holders :) it looks amazing in person :)
Looks great, indeed! Classy and somewhat sophisticated. How long did it take for the headband to darken so evenly?

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #4,436 of 4,488
Looks great, indeed! Classy and somewhat sophisticated. How long did it take for the headband to darken so evenly?
I can reply to this one, since I was the previous owner who happened to darken the headband. :p

I'd say it took about a year, maybe even less, to evenly darken. I didn't do anything other than wear them normally. I do listen to music everyday, and they were my main headphones for listening to music. So I wore them often, which probably accelerated the process. :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #4,437 of 4,488
For me it did take some months, but I helped it by rubbing it with the natural grease from the skin:
IMG_2944.jpeg

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #4,438 of 4,488
I can reply to this one, since I was the previous owner who happened to darken the headband. :p

I'd say it took about a year, maybe even less, to evenly darken. I didn't do anything other than wear them normally. I do listen to music everyday, and they were my main headphones for listening to music. So I wore them often, which probably accelerated the process. :)
Thanks for the reply, Kevin. That’s great to hear! I’m also using them at similar rate as yours, do your experience gives me an approximate timeline to look forward to. I really like that darkened look. Cheers!

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #4,440 of 4,488
I wonder if using Dubbin (lanolin) would more evenly facilitate this darkening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back