Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 12, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #47 of 4,488
I wonder what Focal has against graphite or charcoal gray? Brown is fine in theory but this really draws so much attention to itself. But maybe that’s the point.

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #48 of 4,488
I think these look great :) black and grey are so stock standard it’s nice to see something a bit different.

I was considering the Elegia a while ago, unfortunately they didn’t have it at Canjam Shanghai and a Focal retailer I went to didn’t have it in stock either, so I’ve never heard it :frowning2: but based on the feedback about the thinner low end I decided they probably weren’t for me. I’m like Jude - a bit more low end (but nicely controlled and proportionate) tickles my ears in the right ways :wink:

So it’s nice to see that’s what’s on offer with the Stellia. Low impedance for portable use sounds good too. Buuuut... that price

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #50 of 4,488
I love the fact that these have a 4 pin XLR, but disappointed they don't have the same headphone connectors as the Utopia, as I have been hesitant to go to Kimber for a balanced cable for my Utopias given the expense; the headphone connectors look to be the same as the Sony Z1R though? Does anyone know?

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #51 of 4,488
I love the fact that these have a 4 pin XLR, but disappointed they don't have the same headphone connectors as the Utopia, as I have been hesitant to go to Kimber for a balanced cable for my Utopias given the expense; the headphone connectors look to be the same as the Sony Z1R though? Does anyone know?
It’s 3.5mm connector. It seems that Z1R also use 3.5 mm connector.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #52 of 4,488
Just make sure the body of the connector is thin enough to enter the Focals' connectors. You can easily find the diameter online.

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #54 of 4,488
BD8D6F19-1CA5-486B-8AF4-3A4F3A4085BD.png
No, the connectors to the headphone, not to the DAC
The connector for cable to the headphone is also 3.5mm.

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #59 of 4,488
Looking for a closed back. The look is right at my alley.
Already owned clear at home, the sound is incredible, but disturb to my family quite often.
Wondering a comparison between t5p and stellia.
At 3k, it is still too high for me. But definitely watch this first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back