1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. PeteSTRADAMUS
    Took a breif listen, I didn't overdrive the driver and no popping sound. So far, so good.

2. QueueCumber
    BTW, what is the cutoff price for "high-end" headphones nowadays? I was surprised this wasn't in the high-end section of the forum. Are perceptions of what constitutes "high-end" creeping up behind the categorical changes in "high-end" pricing?

wje likes this.
  3. wje
    Trading a 10' black rubber snake for a shorter, but sheathed cable that is a bit more flexible and comfortable is a great move. I can't believe the stock Utopia cable sells for nearly $1,050 on Amazon. :O

4. Nomax
    ...here some pics of this Beauty

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

About the Sound....i will post my imprssions tomrrow

NOMAX

329161, wje, gibsonsg87 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Hoegaardener70
    I had them in my hand today, and unlike the promo pictures, found they looked great!
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/oHwYd1O

PS: How canI upload my pictures (not from a website) so that I can display them here?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  6. gb21011971
    Nah. These are a bit better than the original LCD design (except for the pimp gold), but still look like a DYI project to me :wink:

But I am sure these are great headphones. Have auditioned them once very briefly, very impressed.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  7. Whitigir
    Stellia was excellent at CanJam. If someone love Utopia but want privacy and isolation without any real drawbacks, Stellia is such a jackpot

bidn, wje and teknorob23 like this.
  8. x RELIC x Contributor
    Press the ‘Upload a File’ button in the lower right of the text box, right next to ‘Post Reply’

9. joe Administrator
    Mod note: I've removed some off-topic/political posts. Let's stay on topic, folks.

wje likes this.
  10. teknorob23
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. Zojokkeli
    How would you compare Stellia to TH900s?

12. up late
    less bass. :wink: sorry but i didn't compare them, which is what i like to do before posting comparative impressions.

13. Nomax
    So, now to the Stellia. It is an exceptional headphone to me.

Why? What does it differently? Hall effects that I never experienced from any other headphones, not even from open back headphones. Where should one assign these? To spatial reproduction or soundstage? Everyone has to interpret this for themselves.

How are the sound caratistics of the Stellia?
    Bright, analytical.... but never sharp or sibilant!

The lovely Beryllium driver, it is fascinating how well it works in the Stellia.

Comfort is simply top .... better than the Utopia, thanks to the new different leather used for the pads.

Stellia .... The best closed headphones on earth at the moment?
    YES.
    The best headphones for the declared RLP of up to 3000 Euros?
    NO. This point goes to Anto Meze and his Empyrean.
    But the Stellia is better than the HD820 or DENON AH 9200 every time.

Biggest weakness of the Stellia:
    Not suitable for every music genre

Biggest strength of the Stellia:
    The hall effects I perceived

In this respect, have fun with the model of your choice!

NOMAX[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  14. DarginMahkum
    Is it brighter than the Ultrasone Jubilee 25? I frankly did not like the Utopia, as (especially) the high mids were too aggressive for me. I like my J25 very much, but willing to have a real closed headphone, with a bit more tamed treble. Do you think Stellia is more balanced than J25? And do you think it is robust enough for a commuter?

15. Nomax
    .....Stellia is in all areas more balanced as Jubilee 25

NOMAX

DarginMahkum likes this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last