Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #136 of 4,499
I bought a production model and returned it the next day. My noble Katana ciems have more bass than the l5000, and the katanas are not known for having a lot of bass

Ot: mm...re: L5000 , what headphone amp did you use? Did you try it with tube amp? Re: Noble Katana, have it also. Still can’t get over that it did not make the top 5 cut in the THL flagship in-ears shoot-out. Lol!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #141 of 4,499
The color evokes bad memories

364DED6C-2313-49E3-990E-300550F00655.jpeg

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #143 of 4,499
That Stellia is competing for the ugliest headphone ever made. Hope it sounds way better than it looks (at least you won't have to look at it when it's on your head right?)
Highly subjective. I find Audeze's LCD headphones the most ugly contraptions (I love my LCD X, but surely not for the looks). Especially the LCD 4 with wood, chrome and carbon (!), I find particularly distasteful. Generally all headphones that look like a DIY project. When I saw the first picture of the Abyss, I thought it was an April fools day joke....

But just because taste is highly subjective, I don't understand why Focal (or others for that matter) do not offer several color options. If the Stellia was offered in an Elex-type color combination, it would probably look better to me. If I could get my Clear in black, I would do so. And I mean BLACK, not black with Beats-inspired pimp red, like the Clear Pro (what the h were they thinking :wink:).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #145 of 4,499
Google translate:

“The Focal Stellia is characterized by its dynamism and tonal balance. The reactivity of the Beryllium membrane is exemplary, which translates to listening with a very pleasant vivacity. The attacks of notes are frank, and the tempo is marked with a lot of energy. The highs are very clear, the medium register is a beautiful definition. The bass may seem to lack physical impact to lovers of physiological listening. But if he is not rowdy, he is however present and reveals himself deep, detailed and very nuanced. It requires solid amplification to deploy in all its energy, and the Cayin CS-55A is an excellent companion for the Focal Stellia.

Aeration and spatialization, without equaling those of an open helmet like the Focal Utopia, however, provide beautiful sensations with a stereo image of a very satisfactory amplitude. The music is not confined and unfolds nicely on both sides of the listener, the voices remaining centered. We may regret a slight lack of depth in the staging of the various sound plans, but nothing unacceptable.”

https://blog.son-video.com/2019/02/test-focal-stellia/#

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #147 of 4,499
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #149 of 4,499
Highly subjective. I find Audeze's LCD headphones the most ugly contraptions (I love my LCD X, but surely not for the looks). Especially the LCD 4 with wood, chrome and carbon (!), I find particularly distasteful.

My LCD-4z look quite cool to me :wink:

IMG_4519.jpeg

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #150 of 4,499
My LCD-4z look quite cool to me :wink:

I am not gonna lie, I love the looks too, If I didn't have an issue with the highs these would be with me still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back